“What a disapointment!!”
Review of Tesoro Los Cabos

Tesoro Los Cabos
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Hotel seemed great from the website, but it was awful! It feels like you're in a maze because the hotel is divided between two buildings, so to get to the top floors you have to get on an elevator, walk 10 mins and then get on a second elevator! It's old and small and the staff isn't always very friendly. You can find much better hotels in Cabo for the same price.

Room Tip: If you must go to this hotel, ask them to put you on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Swichers

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in February 2103. The reception staff were unhelpful, however the allocated room overlooking the Marina was lovely. Great views of the Marina and sea channel, could even see humpbacks swimming past. Breakfast was a bit of a joke , cooking was mediocre although the location was lovely. Swimming pool OK, a little crowded at times . Be prepared to walk a lot to your room, the corridors are vast ! Los Cabos is lovely, great bars and restaurants , we did not use the hotel a lot as we explored the town and used all the local facilities . Best bit.....the VIEW .!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris H
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I know many people appreciate other visitors experiences when making that important vacation choice; please take mine to heart. That last thing I want to do on vacation is argue until my face turns red, but that's exactly what happened on this "comedy of errors". The level of incompetence was so high I actually had to laugh at times. They try to nickel & dime you so much, I felt I needed to keep my hand on my wallet as I walked through the lobby. It is a very good location with a nice pool area & they kept your room clean--but that, my friends, is where the compliments stop. The whole staff acts so bored, it's as if they advertised "looking for disingenuous zombies" to stand behind a desk until your shift is over. I hope very much you realize I only write this to save others from "vacation regret". Please read the other reviews; I tried so save a few bucks but boy was I sorry!

Room Tip: ..If you absolutely must stay here, get a marina view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Peter R
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

DH and I stayed here one night before we could check in to our timeshare hotel. We arrived in the late afternoon and waited only a few moments to check in. As other reviews have said, you have to wear a bracelet if you are staying at the Wyndham. Although I can understand the theory of safety for guests with this methodology, I found the bracelet to be very uncomfortable when sleeping and it was also quite sharp edged, not to mention that when I wore long sleeves you couldn't even see it anyways.

After check in we were accosted by someone I can only assume was trying to get us to sign up for a timeshare presentation via a welcome drink however we declined as my husband had a headache. I found the look of severe disapproval that we received to be disconcerting as if I was a schoolchild who had misbehaved. I only hope this woman can understand that we were tired from traveling and flight delays.

The elevator to our floor was secure since you had to use your room key to make it go up (great feature). We then went down a long hallway up a steep flight of stairs and down another hallway to our room.

We had a street view with a king bed. The room itself was a little small and I found it a bit odd that there was no place to sit other than the bed. We found the bed to be quite comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was not bad with the exception of the flimsy rusty shower curtain, which I did not want to touch with a ten foot pole.

Overall, the marina location is excellent, the rate was pretty reasonable, but I am not sure I would have been happy here for more than one night.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Melissa Y
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The price was right, but then there was the rude, rude, rude!!!!! Sales pitch for vacation club membership. All this after we were up front that we were nit in a position to buy anything. The hotel itself and the personnel were all good to deal with. They are updating many parts and so there is a lit if construction going on during the day. Improvements being made on the backs of all the unsuspecting who end up buying vacation club memberships. The room we had was dated. Mold in the grout in the bathroom tile and floor. We had to keep calling for extra washclothes, extra cups, etc. Etc. The last time took 4 phone calls. Breakfast buffet was marginal. Bed was nice; pool are was good but had to contend with construction noise and scaffolding. Web site had promised free water taxi and free WiFi. Both turned out to be false. "We used to have it...." Cabo was great, but I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe it was the rude sales people that shaped my opinion, but I would not stay here again. And it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I am only giving this a 1 star rating, because of the location, which is right in the Marina. From day one, the service was pretty bad. I turned in a voucher for a $400 credit. The policy is to turn it in at checkout to redeem. What? If I lost my voucher, they would not give me the credit! Crazy. The staff spoke decent English, but we did not feel that warm welcome feeling. They only were warm to get you to go to their time share. Whoa! Not a chance at that resort. The pics looked great and we received what we thought was a great deal from TravelZoo. Well, our room was very tiny! You know that coffee station and daily refills you usually get at every other hotel?...you only get this on the first day. We tried the breakfast buffet...not too good at all. The pool area, which is supposed to be the new hot spot, was as dead as could be. There was never a DJ around, as advertised.

The only good thing we received was the spa services. They were awesome!

We felt like we were inconveniencing the staff, every time we asked for an extra towel, explanation of the travel voucher...well, just about everything we asked for.

I do not recommend this place for a romantic getaway. If it is a few guys/girls looking for a place to crash at a cheap rate, this is your place.

Room Tip: Do not get the top of the 5th floor, King Sized Bed. You have a larger room with double beds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Matt M
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort which overlooks the CSL Marina. The room we were assigned was surprisingly nice. The bathroom was a little outdated but clean. Since we don’t own here but reserved by using our RCI points; we were put in the older section of the Resort.

Our room overlooked the Marina with a large balcony. The view from the balcony was magnificent!!! We stayed in room 371 as RCI guests.

They offer a Mexican Cocktail Party on Monday with Mexican Buffet, unlimited drinks & prizes. I won a beautiful Mexican blanket.

We’ve never stayed on the Marina before & we would recommend this location because it has a lot of night life & plenty of restaurants you can walk to.

Room Tip: We were assigned Level 2, room 371 which is a end room way away from the elevators and overlooking t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple