“Excellent Location”

Reviewed May 22, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Missouri W

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was visiting on Cabo on my yacht and wanted to go to a pool but most of the hotels around marina are inclusive and you cant go for day use.

Found the Wyndham's newly finished pool and restaurant on the 2nd floor of hotel.
Located right above marina docks with a nice view of harbor and hills.
Music, cabanas, couches.
Everything is brand new and the service is fantastic.
Had breakfast and lunch there.

Everyone was friendly and waited on my group all day long!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Phenomenal rates for a nice, safe, all inclusive resort located in the most ideal spot smack in the middle of town. Although it's not on the beach, you can get to the beach in no time by taxi or possibly walking. The main dock and marina is right behind the resort which has a variety of bars/restaurants. Very private, secluded, pool, bar, restaurant all inside the hotel. The best part is you can walk to town within in ten feet and get to any restaurant, bar, club, shopping in town. The rooms were refreshing and clean feeling. Nothing too fancy but definitely not too shammy. Either a marina view, small patio large restroom room or a town view over sized patio with a small bathroom. We were given both options and switched halfway through our trip. Why not?!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TiffMichelle
Reviewed May 19, 2013

7  Thank dsimkins
Reviewed May 19, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Andy B
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The building at the Wyndam / Tesoro is a typical one for a chain type of facility in Mexico. The rooms are good, the beds are good, and they are clean. The front desk staff is helpful but that is not really anything out of the ordinary in Mexico. If you want to be downtown and on the Marina it's location is hard to beat. We came in a Groupon/Living Social type of purchase that included 4 nights, a cruise, and discounts at the hotel as well as a voucher for 50 bucks off.

However there are obviously, as the rating implies, minuses: immediately on arriving here we were greeted by an individual tasked with selling us on tours, excursions, and later made very apparent: future bookings. Again, not atypical of a Mexico resort. However, this was different. After we checked in we were pulled to a desk by said individual and told of all the fabulous activities in Cabo. Now here's the thing. This isn't my first time to Cabo. I know what there is to do.....the only thing that kept my attention was that said seller was telling us that for staying here we would get a price break on the hotels preferred vendors. Said seller kept us for 45 minutes at her desk telling us about how her and her compatriots were here to help us enjoy and save money! Great. The catch: come to breakfast and sit and talk to a representative about the hotel and sold on coming back. I already was thinking about coming back. I didn't need to be sold on it at that point. I appreciate a place that can work some discounts on things for my business. We inquired about some of the activities WE ALREADY PAID FOR IN OUR PACKAGE. We scheduled our included dinner cruise (by the way if you buy a package that includes this and are thinking a romantic evening with your loved one, its a Booze Cruise. Think party boat with loud music and a frat party on the water. I don't mind this at all but not exactly what I had in mind for a sunset dinner cruise). We said goodbye to said seller and headed for our room.

Fast forward to the next morning and we went down to fetch the tickets said seller had told us would be waiting. We were told by a compatriot seller that the reservations had not been made. There was no more room on the cruise and we had to wait till the next day. No big deal, we could do an activity right? No. We didn't want breakfast and no discounts were available. In fact the words we got were, "You won't get nothing...."

Here's the thing: I'm in the travel industry. I am blessed to travel on a whim. I get the fact that this business is a customer service business. I understand that these places want you to book again. However said seller and her compatriots didnt provide me with the service I expected THE FIRST TIME. Why would I come back here? Hotels like this in Mexico are a dime a dozen. I can get the same room experience at any resort type establishment. Not only will I not be coming back here as a result of this I won't visit any of this chains properties. Again, there are options. If you don't want to provide me with good customer service I'll take my money somewhere that will. They all need and want it right now in Mexico. Tourism is hurting. It's obvious, and sad ...I'd like to give good companies business and instead am here for four days still getting car dealership treatment.

6  Thank Rvr300

Royal Decameron Los Cabos
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
#17 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#15 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Tesoro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!