“Great Location”
Review of Tesoro Los Cabos

Tesoro Los Cabos
Ranked #39 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The check in staff was very helpful and Rodrigo, the check out guy was quick and very friendly. The housekeeping ladies were very friendly and helpful but always seemed to be out of wash cloths. We enjoyed the new Skypool and the new swim up bar. The shaded covers over the lounge furniture make it easy to enjoy the day relaxing in comfort. The restaruant at the pool area is not yet finished but the kitchen and buffet serving area is in place. The Wyndam has made quite a few nice improvements and are planning more including upgrading the Lighthouse Restaurant. The location is fantastic and provides easy access to the whole downtown area as well as the view of the Marina and offers great people watching areas.

Don't let other negative reviews scare you away. This resort is improving and there have been issues in the past but we keep coming back and keep seeing changes that impress us.

Room Tip: Get a Marina view room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
WyndhamCSL, Front Office Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

I thank the reviewer for his candid feedback regarding his past stay at our Resort, we are so pleased that FisherDude43 appreciates the improvements that have taken place at our Resort, and thank him for taking the time to submit such a kind review. We value greatly his repeat patronage and hope to host him again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just got back from 8 nights at the Wyndham. I booked a 1 bedroom with partial kitchen which sleeps 4 people. When I got there they gave me a closet sized room with no view and definately no amenaties. When I got back down stairs they told me I got 2 rooms since each room sleeps 2 people. I explained I didnt need 2 rooms. They finally gave me a bigger room and brought up a coffee maker and microwave. I asked about staying an extra night and was told by Manuel that since gave up 2 rooms for 1 that it wouldnt be a problem to give me an extra night at no fee. I checked back 2 times and was told the same thing. When that day came around they told me they were booked and they couldnt do anything about it. They claimed Manuel had no idea what I was talking about but they could keep me in the same room for an additional $169 for the night. I wouldnt give them another dime.. How could I stay in the same room if they were booked solid? The management cannot be trusted to tell the truth...

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a patio with a view of the marina.
5  Thank Lisa G
WyndhamCSL, Guest Relations Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

We are truly sorry for not being able to provide the reviewer the Resort stay she was expecting, and for our short falls in our customer care regarding the additional night, we have reviewed with our Front Desk personnel what was described in the above review as unusual as it sounds, and instigated further training. I apologize to the reviewer for not being able to comply with her demand of a complimentary night. We strive to offer excellence in service, and will try harder in the future.

A Wyndham traveler
KIRKLAND
Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
WyndhamCSL, Front Office Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BRIAN E
WyndhamCSL, RDM at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed November 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamCSL, General Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamCSL, Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the 6th or 7th time we have stayed here. The pool is first class with plenty of wait staff to help with all of your needs. The staff has always been more than helpfull to assist us from the front desk to the housekeeping . And on that subject, the housekeeping staff are the nicest and sweetest ladys.
The music at the pool a little loud but we are not in the room that much during the day .
The location I love, the view - I probably have 20-30 picture from our balcony everytime we go down.
I read reviews blasting the Wyndham but I haven't seen those issues , I also see reviews blasting 500.00 a night hotels . I know where I will be next trip .

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Marina
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Texomablue

I thank Texomablue for his candid feedback regarding his past stay at our Resort, I am excited when guests express their feedback in an objective non-retaliatory manner. We value greatly the positive note regarding our Front Desk and Housekeeping staff. We appreciate Texomablue’s repeat patronage and hope to host him again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
Royal Decameron Los Cabos
#17 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#15 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Tesoro Los Cabos? Share your experiences!