Tesoro Los Cabos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Siesta Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Hotel Mar de Cortez(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Los Milagros Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Hotel Marina(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
2,156 results
All reviewsmarina viewclub tesoropool areaincluded breakfastwater taxidinner cruisewalking distance to everythingjunior suitemedano beachfishing boatslarge balconygreat poolrestaurants and barslobby bardowntown cabopool staffnight life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here 21-25 Oct as an extension to a 4 week touring holiday of the American south west. Having spent 2 weeks driving through 4 states we figured this would be a nice relaxing 5 night break in our itinerary. However, it seemed the hotel management at this "Wyndham" had other ideas! Apologies in advance for what may seem an extended whinge!

We spent the first night in a room described as having a "city view". Whlst this was technically correct (if you looked out of the only window into a hotel corridor there was a 5 degree glimpse of the city), the room was dark and rather depressing. We therefore paid an extra $22 a night for our next 4 nts for a much bigger and better situated room on the 5th floor (536) with a balcony overlloooking the harbour. First impression of the room was that it was great but it was impossible to relax or siesta in the afternoon due to the rediculously loud music eminating from the "sky lounge" terrace 2 floors below us. We even resorted to wearing over ear noise canceling headphones in an attempt to block out some of the racket but it was so loud even this was ineffective. It was odd because the age groups around the pool seemed more mature and unlikely to appreciate the "boom boom music" being inflicted on them and us! We complained but were told that the music would be turned down at 5:30 (i.e. we would have to live with it all afternoon).

In addition to this we had a particularly difficult and frustrating time attempting to have our fridge filled with soft drinks and beers (as part of our "all inclusive" plan). We first requested the fridge to be filled at 1 pm and were told that someone would attend to it right away. 4 hours later we still had an empty fridge. It took 2 more phone calls to housekeeping and 3 to the "manager" (different one each time we called) to get this resolved. Eventually the drinks arrived at 7:30 pm but the fridge was never replenished again during our stay.

Indeed the whole "all inclusive" set up was rather strange to us as we were made to sign for every meal or drink we ordered (despite having been given the gold coloured wrist bands indicating the all inclusive plan). We were particularly suspicious of this as each account detailed a price for the food / drink we had ordered. We queried this and were told that we were only signing for "accounting purposes" and everything was "free". However it was really confusing since some items (steak / shrimp / salmon) fell outside the meal plan. Having stayed at various other Mexican all inclusive hotels in Cancun and Playa del Carmen we had expected all inclusive to be very straight forward which it certainly wasn't here.

There were other issues such as the bar in the lobby area rarely being open during the day. On one occasion we asked for two botles of water and the guy said he'd have to go to the restaurant bar for these. After 15 minutes waiting in the lobby the water hadn't arrived so I went to the restaurant myself where it was explained that they had sold my 2 bottles to someone else in the lobby??!!

On the positive side, the hotel is very well situated on the harbour with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops within walking distance. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and efficient as was the girl in reception who rearranged our room and our taxi to the airport.

It was a shame that our stay was spoilt by the largely avoidable problems we encountered.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for harbour views - it's worth it. However, be aware of possible loud music played most of the day if near to the Sky Terrace.
1  Thank Skipper100
WyndhamCSL, Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

I am extremely disappointed that we did not measure up to the reviewers expectations, I certainly understand the reviewers comments and concerns and can assure that the hotel strives to make every guest stay a memorable experience. To complement what the reviewer so clearly explains in his review, we have room categories for all needs and budgets, from our smallest City View Room to a Master Marina View Room. The reviewer started in the smallest hotel room available, and upgraded to a much bigger room with a marina view. Regarding the All Inclusive , I would like to clarify that we do not have an all Inclusive program, the program the reviewer purchased was a Meal Plan which includes three meals a day and unlimited selected drinks at restaurants and bars from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., of course a signature is required with every consumption as in any Resort where there is a combination of Meal Plan and European Plan, the mini bar is included with a daily refill in this program. I do greatly appreciate the positive notes regarding our Staff and location.

I apologize to the reviewer for not being able to deliver the Resort experience he was expecting. and will most certainly heed his valuable feedback and comments.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff that gets tipped - very helpful, those that don't not so much. Fridge did not work, room went for days without service, and when I requested it, it was spotty and incomplete. Lots of construction noise all day. They have a no visitors policy that just did not work for me. We had friends staying elsewhere and they were not even allowed to join us for breakfast or come to our room for drinks. The manager flat out lied to us about this policy and never bothered to apologize. Coming in late one night, I got the third degree from security and he actually put his hands on me to stop me to interrogate me about where was I going. I still love the location, but after years of staying there, I will not be returning next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steve T
WyndhamCSL, RDM at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We sympathize with Steve T, and truly regret the apparent fact that in this instance, we did not meet the needs and preferences of this particular repeat patron, we offer our most sincere apologies for this. We will surely act in consequence of his important feedback to enact improvements in the areas he found to be lacking. For the TA community, I would like to once again explain that we have a very strict in room visitors policy for the safety and peace of mind of all guests, nevertheless outside visitors are welcome in our restaurants and Skypool | Dayclub. Once again I offer my most sincere apology. We value greatly your patronage, If the reviewer should be willing to return, please feel free to contact me directly for I would like to personally oversee your future reservations. jmeza@wyndham.com

A Wyndham traveler
SPRING

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamCSL, RDM at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at the Tesoro. Perfect location to everything! Enjoyed the grand opening of the Skypool lounge, all night pool party was definately a highlight of our trip. The owner, Simon, was in the house and helped make the evening grand with drinks and fun light up party favors. Went to party and rock with Sammy at Cabo Wabo and this location was perfect, only two blocks away! Be sure to make your way to the top of the lighthouse, the view is amazing, not to mention the exercise will do ya some good. We would for sure stay here again, maybe even next year for Sammys Birthday Bash!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamCSL, Front Office Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

We thank the reviewer for his candid comments regarding his past stay, we strive to offer excellence in service to all our guests. We are excited you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

great location. front desk staff not friendly. great pool area. Beds were comfortable. Close to night life. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamCSL, Guest Relations Manager at Tesoro Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I thank the reviewer for his kind feedback regarding his past stay, we strive to offer excellence in service to all our guests. Please know that we value your patronage and take your feedback very seriously, we will certainly look into the areas you found to be deficient in our pursuit of excellence in service.