My friend and I stayed here January 17 - 21. I agree with other reviews that the front desk seemed to be a little understaffed, and it would have been very helpful to speak spanish. They weren't able to find our reservation right away, but luckily I had printed out every confirmation and every bit of information I was given for the hotel and had it handy, so after a while, they were able to get us checked in. The room was average - sparsely decorated, and the bathroom show was in need of retiling - it was caving in in parts. The first thing we did was go to the pool, which wasn't much to speak of (it's a good thing they'll be remodeling it beginning in May - it needs it), and they weren't staffing the swim-up bar. We did get harrassed right away to do the timeshare presentation that Wyndham is offering. We ended up doing it, both to get them off our backs and because we were bribed with amenities (we got free whale watching and a dinner gift certificate). The staff didn't seem very interested in us after we completed the presentation though. The hotel was in the middle of everything, and that made it easy to find activities and restaurants on our own. Overall, this hotel was definitely worth what we paid for it.
Recommendations for travelers: bring plenty of singles/small bills with you - the hotel and most of the area attractions are all very hesitant to make change and often times do not have any, and EVERYONE wants a tip. And when they tell you to go straight out the doors to get to the hotel shuttle at the airport, listen - all they want to do is sell you stuff/timeshares. They call it the "Shark Tank" for a reason - go straight out the group doors to find the hotel shuttle people. The water is safe for americans to drink here. We drank it and didn't get sick. Don't buy the hotel's bottled water, go across the street to the OXO store and buy water/snacks there, it's much cheaper.
Also, make sure to take a water taxi over to Lover's Beach/Divorce Beach. Plan on spending a couple of hours to lay on the beach and explore, but visit the restroom before you go, because there are none on this section of the beach. Also, if you can, go on the sunset dinner cruise on the Cabomar boat, the food was fabulous and the pictures we got were gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tesoro Los Cabos Hotel, Spa & Skypool In Mexico the #1 luxury destination is Los Cabos, recognized internationally for its beautiful beaches, top level spas, impressive golf courses, world-class fishing and incredible views. At Tesoro Los Cabos we have gatheredall of these charms, with its elegant Skypool lounge in the heart of the marina and entertainment district, the fun never ends. From our privileged location on the marina, you will find classy shops, nightclubs, fine and casual restaurants, & many water activities to make your Cabo experience the best it can. Having the best location & view of the marina in Cabo San Lucas has made Tesoro Los Cabos the #1 option for discerning travelers looking for the best place for their business trip, families looking to enjoy every moment of their vacation, couples enjoying the romance in the air, and those who require a dose of adrenaline that water sports provide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tesoro Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Costa Real Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Cabo San Lucas
- Tesoro Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas