The resort is a bit dated in the decor in the lobby and hallways, but the rooms are newly remodeled. The pool areas were very comfortable, and very clean. We had a "mountain view or desert view" room and while the view of Sam's Club wasn't great, the sunset over the mountains was lovely. The smell some other reviews mentioned was noticeable, but was prevalent in other parts of Cabo too at night, and nothing to keep me from enjoying our balcony in the evening. It was possible to walk into the downtown from the hotel (prob. 25 minute walk) or fast to get a taxi. The pool area looks out on Playa Medano and has one of the only swimmable stretches of beach in Cabo--we went swimming every day we were there.
We booked through Expedia and so had requested a queen bed room and when we got there were only able to get two double beds. The concierge assigned to us on arrival tried to push a time share presentation for Villa del Arco on us, but we ignored her and didn't go. We had food and drink vouchers for the hotel bar along with vouchers for the spa, activities, and sunset cruise. The spa and food & drink vouchers were the only ones we found useful. The rest had so many exclusions that it was more hassle than it was worth.
The kitchenette was great. We went to Walmart the first night and got some basic supplies and ate breakfast in room and some lunches to save money. The maid even cleaned the kitchen some days even though the sign said they weren't responsible for cleaning it. Well supplied with all the necessities for a kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas