Tripadvisor
Cabo San Lucas
6,560 results
All reviews taco bar bella california whale slide sports bar time share villa group all inclusive package timeshare presentation musty smell nightly shows upper pool ocean view pool side our waiter all inclusive plan great vacation food and drinks
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Rooms were very nicely kept with all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. With all the restaurants on the property, never had to wait to eat. There was plenty of activities to do on and around the grounds of the hotel for both young and old! We were especially fond of the California Bella the food was always on point! The Chef was able to cook our "catch of the day" to perfection and was served by our favorite server Esther. Esther would always provide us impeccable service and excellent advise on the foods that we liked she made our stay extra special. Thank you Esther, can't wait to go back and visit with you again.

Date of stay: January 2020
GabyGalin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear 254tonih

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas and for sharing the details of your stay with us.
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Esther, from waitress team.
On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo team, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I arrived January 1 for one week on the all inclusive plan with Air Canada Vacations. My only disappointment was the room assignment as I wasn’t given the option to book an ocean / pool view room in a junior suite. My room faced the entryway to the hotel. In the end it was fine as it was lobby level and easy to access. I did ask upon check in and was advised that Air Canada does not have any in their room block. I was put off but wasn’t going to let it impact my holiday. I was offered to upgrade to a one bedroom junior suite for $750 US dollars. There were three of us and I was outvoted. Other than that, our experience was fantastic. I fully understand that nothing is guaranteed when a ROOM REQUEST is made... it’s exactly that! It’s a request! It’s NEVER guaranteed to get rooms side by side. If the hotel is busy sometimes it’s just not possible. I read these reviews and notice when a room request doesn’t materialize, usually the rest of the review is bad because they are mad. I wish people could be more rational because it would make the review more credible. I researched quite a bit to ensure a location on Medano, close to the marina. VDP checked those boxes and many more! The view to El Arco is incredible as it’s so close by. We enjoyed so much great, fresh food during our stay. I particularly enjoyed the sushi and sashimi for lunch. I love sushi and took advantage that it is included in the AI plan. I was also delighted to receive a can of pop, including Fresca, or a slim can of Corona light! The beverages are served pool or beachside non-stop from 10am to 5pm. Drinks are served in a decent size hard plastic cup not the cheesy 5oz one sip plastic cup I have experienced at other hotels in Cuba, DR etc...No need for ridiculous bubba kegs here! We were very happy to have Blue Sapphire Gin and Tanqueray on the plan. Gin and Fresca is my drink. We dined at all the restaurants other than the sports bar. We just didn’t get the chance. We had a drink in there and checked out the menu. It looked great. The entire hotel is kid friendly so your children will be able to eat just fine unless they are ultra fussy. Special mention to Arturo, manager at Bella California whose team served the best breakfast buffet and dinner service. He ensured the bottle of wine we ordered was just right. We are three F&B gals who Arturo took very good care of. Also worth mentioning is Alejandro who kept us watered and fed by the adult pool for seven days. Regarding the signing of chits with every order, let me explain. Because this is not only an all inclusive property only, some guests are hotel room only or timeshare. In order for the hotel to manage costs for food and beverage, it’s a must. How else can they possibly control costs if it’s not accounted for? This is not a ploy for tips. We tipped cash and scratched out the tip line. For us, signing wasn’t a problem as we ran a tab all day and signed at 5pm. Pretty easy and well organized. Room service is also included with a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu until 10:30pm. The tv offered a good variety of channels and the room was super comfy. On that note, the place smells lovely! I actually made the comment because clearly it’s very clean and in tip top shape. The kitchen came in handy for rewarming leftovers and for cans of pop. There is a mini mart and coffee shop a stones throw away. Because the AI offered virtually everything there was nothing we needed to purchase. I had a spa treatment at Desert Spa and it was excellent. I wrote a separate review. Highly recommended! We booked a boat ride over to Lover’s Beach with Pepe on the beach. It is stunning! Next time I will plan to stay longer. There are no facilities here so pack a few snacks and your towel and prepare to take some incredible pictures and soak up the sunshine. The weather was stellar the week I was there. Daytime highs were forecast at 23* Celsius which I admit concerned me. In the end the sun was hot, there was little wind and it was just perfect! We also booked the whale watching excursion with Pepe and can say it was a highlight, a must do. This was my first time to Cabo and I fell in love with it. It’s a bit disappointing to not be able to swim in the ocean, for me personally it’s way too dangerous. There were some brave souls in there but not many. Even the undertow at Lover’s Beach is strong with it getting deep very quickly. Admittedly I am not a strong swimmer but there really were very few people in the ocean. In a nutshell, this is a top notch resort. I can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Bubbygirl
GabyGalin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Buggygirl

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am please to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Arturo Catuar, Manager at Bella California Dinner Restaurant, and Alejandro from waiters team.
It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo team, to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

I’ve stayed at 4 all inclusive resorts in MX, and this was the worst. I booked 2 rooms for my family on the same credit card, because the person making my reservation told us we would get rooms next to each other If we did it that way...and it didn’t happen. So all my family wasn’t even next to me. I called twice requesting early check in, and we didn’t get it as promised. The front desk told us they don’t offer that, as she said they have no idea when the rooms will be clean, but twice we were told we could. It’s even advertised on their website. We were told on the phone that our all inclusive bands would allow us to eat at the sister resort, and that was also a lie. I called after I saw the level 2 security warning and asked if the hotel was secure and gated, the woman said yes, and that was a lie. Anyone can walk into the grounds from the beach, unlike Casa Dorado just down the beach...which is where we stayed last time. I did not feel as safe as when I stayed there. Lie after lie after lie. You are also limited to 2 drinks at a time in your hand...so if I wanted an iced tea for me and 2 waters for my boys, they wouldn’t do it unless they were there with me. So I’d have to make multiple trips or drag my kids up from the beach...not fun to pull them away from their fun. That may sound silly, but trust me, after 7 days that got old. Sure, the waiter eventually gets to the beach around noon, but we were at the beach each day by 9...we had to otherwise there were no chairs available. The first day we could get buckets of beer, then after that they said management quit that....so bring koozies for your beer. Also, you have to sign a receipt for EVERYTHING you get, even one soda, one snack, each meal...I’ve never had to do that before and that was very irritating. There is only one place to eat breakfast...that gets old. There are 3 places for dinner (we ate at 2 because one was a bar). We are used to choosing from 5-8 restaurants at other resorts...so that got old as well. Lastly, the beach in front is very bad for little kids. Mine were fine at age 11 and 13 but our nieces are 3 and 6 years old and the short break was a no go for them. We will never return.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank lboullioun
GabyGalin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. Your ratings and comments help us a great deal in our effort to improve our service and accommodations.
About the signing and rules in our all-inclusive plan, as you might know the resort is not only all inclusive and therefore we require our guests to sign in order to prevent any misuse of the all-inclusive plan. Nevertheless we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We are sorry to learn that eventhoug we were able to allocate your two room on the same floor, this does met your espectation.
on regards our promotion including early check in posted on our webside and yours does not including this, we will share your concern with sales managment to make it more specific.
is sad to read you only encounter 3 of our 5 places that offer dinner service.
We are sorry to learn that you stay was less than superb and that you are not likely to return.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Room was average but food and beverage choices were outstanding. Service was very good overall but we loved Nico, the gentleman who served us poolside most days. He is a very special person who is very attentive and kind and he works so hard (covers a lot of ground) to serve his customers and goes out of his way to make you happy, all while wearing an infectious smile we couldn't get enough of. He befriended us immediately. He truly made our vacation exceptional...all by himself! Cheers to Nico!

Joe and Debbi

Room tip: Ocean/pool view would be great if you can get it.
Date of stay: November 2019

Dear josephgY3959YU

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Nico, from pool waiters team.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

My wife and I spent our Christmas here and it was great. They had special events planned and executed them nicely. It is a timeshare property and they would like you to hear the presentation, but it isn’t required. We did not hear the presentation and felt no additional pressure to do so after we declined.

Property

The property is well maintained and in a great location. It is on a very nice beach with swimmable water on most days. The rooms are nothing fancy, but are clean and up to date. The pools are large and there is a separate adults only pool. There are plenty of places to sun, both by the pool and the beach. There are beach vendors, but they are respectful after being told No gracias. Security is present, but you really don’t feel as it is too needed.

Activities

There are places for several beach and water activities, both on property and off. They have a nice gym with sauna and whirlpool in each locker room. Tennis courts and a few shops as well as an on site office to set up excursions.

Staff

Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and accommodating. From the servers to the check in staff to the housecleaning staff - all were better than expected. I want to call out a particular staff member for going above and beyond in her customer service skills. Elizabeth in the towel hut is outstanding. She takes what could be a mundane job and turns it into a positive customer experience. In my opinion, she is the best they have and they have a bunch of great service staff.

This is an all inclusive, but is also open to the public and people staying on property that don’t utilize all inclusive. We had the all inclusive plan. We don’t drink, so I can’t speak to the alcoholic drinks, but the other drinks were tasty. The menu pricing is high if you don’t utilize all inclusive. However, the food is plentiful and it is of a high standard. Our personal favorite was the Italian restaurant. Great setting, plenty of options on the menu and they are still accommodating to special menu requests.

I would definitely suggest a trip to this resort.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buck150

Dear Buck150

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Elizabeth, from pool towel stand.