Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,552 results
All reviews taco bar bella california whale slide sports bar time share villa group all inclusive package timeshare presentation musty smell nightly shows upper pool ocean view pool side our waiter all inclusive plan great vacation tacos
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

We stayed at Villa Del Palmar from Jan 1 -5 with our two 18 year old girls. We had the best time! Most memorable is the wonderful staff! From the towel lady to the cleaning staff, everyone is super friendly! One of the waiters especially, ANDRES, went out of his way to get us everything we needed and more! He was so friendly and genuinly wants to make sure we had the best time!
A very special shoutout goes to RODRIGO (he’s from Peru)! He made the daily poolside Bingo a lot of fun and treated us (eapecially our girls :) like family! On top of that, he is one of the great dancers in the evening theme shows! Such a friendly and talented guy who made our stay even more fun! By the way, we loved all the shows but the Michael Jackson show was awesome!
Even though the rooms are a little outdated, the location, food options and especially the wonderful staff make more than up for it!
We’ll be back for sure! Muchos Gracias to all staff at VDP!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
GabyGalin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Dear jeroen1n

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas and for sharing the details of your stay with us.
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Andres, from pool waiters team and Rodrigo from entertainment staff.
On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo team, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We used our timeshare week with the parent organization for this resort (UVC). It was our first visit to this resort. We had a fantastic time in this lovely facility. There are really three separate condominium facilities (this one, Villa del Arco and Villa Estancia) side by side with a trolly running between them. Our unit was spacious and was very well equipped with a full kitchen (convection oven and microwave in one unit), full-sized refrigerator, two baths, a large bedroom and a balcony with an ocean view and view of the extensive pool area. Between the three facilities there were multiple fine dining and casual restaurants, multiple recreational facilities, two spas, and a beautiful ocean beach. The entire resort area had a spectacular view of Los Arcos rocks. We were there for New Year's Eve and saw a fantastic fireworks display from our balcony. We cooked all of our own breakfasts and about half of our lunches and dinners, visiting the resort restaurants for the rest--the food was delicious. There was a stage show and extensive buffet available every evening. There is a store with limited groceries on site, and there is a giant Walmart about a mile away, easily accessible by bus (less than $1.00) and taxi (about $9.00).

But our highest praise is reserved for the unbelievably excellent service in the entire resort. The staff is unfailingly kind and attentive. They met our every need immediately, and with a smile that felt entirely genuine and warm. We really felt pampered by these wonderful staff people.

If we had one drawback, it was with the reliability of the WiFi and Internet service. It was difficult to maintain a connection, but we understand this facility is being currently upgraded.

Villa del Palmar is the one of the three facilities that seems to be oriented toward families. There were many children, but there was so much for them to do, they seemed happy and well occupied. The other two facilities are much more sedate and quiet. But we were happy to be in the one facility that was the center of most of the action of the resort.

Room tip: Choose an odd numbered room in the third building. These have the best views and are nearest the pool, beach and two of the restaurants.
1  Thank William B

Dear William B

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am please to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay.
It is correct, we are on the way to update ther WiFi service, as well as some others updating areas, such the Taco Bar-Sushi and at night Carbon Restaurant had just upgraded, a brand new elevator is beeing placed on building three in the lobby, great things like that to enhance everybodys experience.
It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo team, to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

The entire staff at the Villa del Palmar are exceptional, from the towel lady at the pool to the staff at the breakfast buffet and the pool waiters. Especially Andres Paulinho, he took such good care of us at the pool. He was kind courteous and anticipated our requests bringing us drinks and waters Promptly. We stayed for a week and enjoyed our stay!!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear mariabB5533JU

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Andres Paulino, from pool waiter team.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Stayed here for about a week in December. We did not get the all-inclusive option since we decided to explore the city for food this time.

The hotel was just okay. Swimming pool is pretty small, especially compare to Villa del Arco's pool next door which is probably 3 times bigger. Mixed reviews on the food at the hotel. We ordered some food (chicken fingers, pizza, club sandwich, buffalo wings, etc.) while we're in the pool and they're pretty decent. But the dinner buffet was not good. I'd definitely opt out from eating at the hotel.

There was only 2 elevators in the building that we stayed in. But 6 out of 7 days we were there, only 1 of them were working. We were in the 4th floor and sometime it's faster to take the stairs to go up and down

WiFi was very patchy. Even the front desk employee told me that the WiFi doesn't really work. I had to sit in a specific corner in my room in order to get WiFi signal... even with that, half of the time it didn't work.

The reason I stayed at this hotel is because my sister-in-law owns a timeshare and she was able to get us an extra room for a pretty good price. But if not, I would probably stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: December 2019
GabyGalin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Thank you so much mikeherm2549 for the time you took to express your comments about your stay.
I sincerely regret that your satisfaction was affected by one of the elevators out of service, WiFi service and the dinner bufett.It is important for us to identify opportunities for improvement in order to sustain our exceptional service.
On the other hand, we are pleased to know that you like the food by the pool, take advantage of a pretty good promotion on your room stay and the convenience of the resort location.
We truly hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to welcome you once again and to be able to offer you with the quality and service you expect and deserve.

Respectfully,

Reviewed January 2, 2020

My family and I visited Dec 26th- 30th, 2019. We purchased the most expensive 1bedroom rooms. A unique 1 bedroom suite and additional 1 bedroom suite. We arrived at 4pm. Upon arrival I requested that our 1 bedroom suite be at least in same tower as our Unique 1 bdrm. He handed us the keys and they were right across hallway from each other. said we werent planning on using these rooms. I didnt really think about that comment till we saw the rooms. I will learn WHY he said that after i see the rooms. First, it was in a tower where the elevator didnt work on the lobby floor. We were on the 7th floor. Then when we got to the section where our room was, it was a door to a hallway that was taped and clearly under construction. Our rooms were the ONLY 2 rooms in this section. and smelled like there was painting but also more importantly like they put a TON of chemicals somewhere.
When we booked our rooms the pictures were very nice rooms with brand new stainless steel appliances. new flat screen TV's etc. Our room was nothing even close to that. ALL OUT DATED> microwave from the 80's LOL. same for all kitchen appliances. NOT what we paid for.
We went down to the lobby to switch rooms because this wasnt what we purchased. They said there was only a 2bedroom suite in tower 1. Tower 1 is the only tower that has been renovated. They said we could go look at it. we did, it was beautiful and we said ok that's great lets move us there. They said they wouldnt have another 1 bedroom to switch our other room but to come back at 11am when people check out to get those rooms for the following day. I said cant you just reserve that room for us and then we can see if there is another . they said NO because its first come first serve and they dont hold rooms for anyone!! I said I was very confused because I was OBVIOUSLY standing right in front of them which would make me first. he just repeating that they dont hold rooms for anyone. I could tell this conversation was going no where so we said ok fine we will come at 11am and move to tower 1. We went down at 10am because I figured nothing else, we should just move to the 2bedroom suite in tower 1. The guy immediately said "my supervisor said you were told to come at 11am. ????" I explained that we just wanted to go ahead and get the other room. he said sorry there is NOTHING available. i said what happened to the room we saw last night (vacant FYI). said I dont know, looks like someone took it. HUH??? so why didnt they just give us that room the night before? it made no sense. we came back at 11am for them to tell us to come back at 12. There is now a 1 bedroom in tower 1 available. which we ended up taking. It ended ok but took an entire day to get a decent room.
ONE major thing that is TERRIBLE about this place, Their towels are SANDPAPER. If you get a little sun and try to dry yourself you will be in a lot of pain. even with no sunburn....it hurt to dry yourself. I asked numerous times for BRAND NEW TOWELS. they brought me the same towels. I asked again for BRAND NEW TOWELS like fresh out of the plastic. housekeeper said it was the newest and softest towels they have. I mean come on.....paying $750 a night for a room and you cant get a target or costco towel. Unbelievable. WONT STAY there again. I suggest you stay clear from this place.
not all bad- food at the sports bar is really really good !!! we ate there 90% of the time and the staff there are very nice in the sports bar.

Room tip: only get a room in tower 1.
1  Thank kathleensO5611FZ
GabyGalin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Katheleen,

We appreciate very much the time you took giving us your feedback after your stay with us.
Your observations are very important because they will help us to improve the service and accommodations we offer to our valued guests like you.
We are sorry to learn that you stay was less than superb and that you are not likely to return.
we would like to offer you an apology for the several inconveniences you encountered in your room. Rest assured that this matter has been forwarded to the involved departments and we have discussed ways to make sure all rooms are well inspected before the maid leaves the clean room as well as to pay more attention on details.
In regards to your observations about the quality of the towels in your unit, this important information has been discussed with the involved management. We take your comments by heart.
On the other hand, we are very glad to know that you had a good time on your visits to Sports Bar.
Mrs. Katheleen, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we might have caused to you. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again at our beautiful resort and change this experience.
Respectfully,