Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$265
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$297
$254
Melia.com
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$429
$360
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$185
$152
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$757
$183
Bookit.com
$340
$286
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$114
$95
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$361
$246
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$298
$245
Priceline
5,719 results
All reviewstaco barbella californiatime sharewhale slidejose reyessports barvilla groupall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationmusty smellocean viewupper poolnightly showsour waiterpool sidepool conciergeall inclusive plan
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We had two rooms at the hotel for a week. We traded our timeshare and invited friends to come down with. We had a studio and a 1 bedroom. We arrived on a Saturday and the check-in process was quick and painless. We really enjoyed the pool and the slide was great! We had a number of problems with the rooms including broken safes (when I was complaining about this, someone else was at the front desk complaining too), no hot water in the shower, one room smelt, had to get new keys daily because they would stop working, etc. None of the problems were deal breakers, but frustrating none-the-less. We moved studios, which helped a little, but not much. I recommend taking a taxi to town if it's hot out because you will arrive into town sweating. The taxi fare is $7 if it is less than 3 people and otherwise $2/person. I also HIGHLY recommend going to costco or wallmart for breakfast and lunch items. We did not get the all inclusive package, and met people who knew the overpaid for the all inclusive, but didn't mind. Remember, the all inclusive doesn't include everything, but does seem to include all drinks. Finally, at no fault to the restaurant, the bees really like the sunscreen and drinks down by the pool, so I recommend bringing sunscreen with bee repellant. I put that I would recommend this hotel, with the caveat that it would need to be MUCH less expensive than any other alternative to be worth the hassles.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kgillingham
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Dear Guest, first of all, we would like to thank you for choosing the Hotel Villa del Palmar as the ideal place to spend your vacation. It was a real pleasure to be your Host at your home away from home. We have read your comments regarding some inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us. We appreciate the time you took to let us know such important comments, and apologize for the maitenances isues you had in your room, our maintenance department has been informed and they will take the proper measurements to avoid this to happen again. Once again, we thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

The good: Location was far away from all the crazy college kids that want to party all day and night. Service was above average except for first night at tortugas when we had to wait a long time for our meal. Cafe Bella and bar was excellent and very good service. Good to have a deli, all-purpose market, and pharmacy right on the premises. Was not too crowded as I could always get a lounge chair by the pool. There were 3 pools, a kiddie pool, family pool, and adults only pool.
The bad: Since this was our first time in Cabo, the timeshare hawkers at the airport were just terrible. We arrange a shuttle service with the hotel and when we got past customs, we were greeted with a guy asking which hotel we were going and when I said Villa Del Palmar, he said he was an employee of Villa Del Palmar and was the driver for the shuttle and will take us to the hotel. Well, he took us aside and told us that others were coming and while we wait, to listen to "special deals the hotel was offering". Well, after a couple of minutes of looking at his ID tag, I started to question him about him being an employee and a driver. He kept lying about being an employee so I finally told him that he was full of crap and he realized the gig was up and turned us over to the real driver who was outside waiting for us. I can't say this a reflection of Villa Del Palmar but I can't help but to think that they are all in this together. I understand they need to make a living but I cannot stand anything that has to do with deceit, fraud, or outright lying. As for the hotel, there was one morning when we woke up and there was NO WATER. Apparently there was a plumbing problem during the night so everyone in our wing didn't have any water for showering or brushing teeth in the morning. They fixed it within a few hours so I guess that was just a minor inconvenience.

Overall, the good outweigh the bad. I have a timeshare in Kauai and have traveled extensively and as long as you don't act like the "Ugly American" snob in a foreign country, the service people and staff will treat you pretty good. If you say "Por favor" and "Comos Sta" to the waiters, maids, and front desk people, they are more than willing to assist you. While this place can't match up to my Marriott timeshare in Kauai, I would return to this hotel because it has everything that I really need and I'm not a hotel snob. The beauty of this place is that it has a new sister property right next door called Villa Del Arco and with the meal plan, we can dine at that location as well. When compared to the cost of dining in Hawaii and the activities, this place is about half the cost. Jet Skiing was $30 for 30 minutes, parasailing was $30, 2 hour ATV riding was $44, my wife loved the brand new spa at Villa Del Arco where she spent 4 hours with a hour massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure for about $250. Compared to the Spa at the Hyatt Regency at Kaanapali Beach in Maui, she says this Spa beats them hands down. So while this place isn't the Marriott Grand Wailea in Maui, it's a great place for families who want a good value with all the entertainment right on the premises. It's all about setting the right expectation and being courteous to the hotel staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wingchunkuen

Dear Guest, first of all, we would like to thank you for choosing the Hotel Villa del Palmar as the ideal place to spend your vacation. It was a real pleasure to be your Host at your home away from home. We are happy to know that your enjoyed your stay wiht us, and appreciate the time you took to give us your feed back, we will work in the opportunity areas you kindly mentioned. Thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

We just returned from a week at VDP. The property was beautiful and well-kept. Our ocean view Jr. Suite was perfect with the waves coming within 50 feet of our patio. The most memorable part of the stay was the absolutely fabulous food -- so fresh, such a variety and so healthy. Even our pizza loving teenager could have a wood-fired pizza with fresh veggies every day and thought she was in heaven. We did the all-inclusive package and would recommend that to anyone. Paying by meal at VDP would have been cost-prohibitive. Other restaurants in town (5 minutes away) are also more on the costly end. There is a Walmart across the street where you can stock the refrigerator and cooking equipment in the rooms, but had we done that versus experiencing the wonderful food, our vacation would have been only half as special. VDP puts on an entertaining show every night. We enjoyed all of them and met some nice people. The pool area and beaches are gorgeous.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherilloh
VDA-GM, Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

Dear Guest, first of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Villa del Palmar as the ideal place to spend your vacation. It was a real pleasure to be your host at your home away from home. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your saty in our Resort, and all the amenities and service we offer, and hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Have stayed here before with small problems. Tried to charge me for snack that we did not eat. This time was overcharge on credit card not once but twice. Only found out when we got home. Make sure you keep all your reciepts from hotel. because they will say the didn't put charges of your account. I am still fight for 250.00 that was charge. Be sure you check your account before you leave and when you get home .

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLIFTON B

Dear Guest, we would like to thank you for choosing the Hotel Villa del Palmar as the ideal place to spend your vacation. It was a real pleasure to be your host at your home away from home. We have received your comments regarding an inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. Once again we thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

I know that this review is based on our experience 2 yrs agao-but upon booking our upcoming trip to Punta Cana and reading all of the reviews (some - some +) I went back to read the reviews for Villa Del Palmer for the same time period of our stay and found that there were a lot of - reviews, which we did not find to be the case-so I wanted to share our experience-I know this is a lengthly review but I wanted to share the same things that I am looking for in reviews-I hope this helps! Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions about this resort.

I traveled to Cabo with my husband to celebrate our 8th anvrsry! Let me start off by saying that when we travel we EXPECT resorts to be CLEAN, comfortable and that the service staff to be friendly. Villa Del Palmer surpassed all of our expectations! If you are looking for a great resort where you can relax and have a great time-this is the place!

RESORT-We booked the all inclusive Jr. Suite through Book-It-and in our opionion the all inclusive is well worth it! We did not have any problems checking in. We arrived at about 3 and our room was ready. We did not upgrade to the ocean view room-the room was very nice-did not spend a lot of time in it-but next time we would probably upgrade to the room with the view of Lands End.
It was so nice having the all inclusive-you never have to carry a wallet-or money with you. (We had been on a cruise before and even though they are adverised as all-inclusive-cruises are not-our bar bill on the ship was almost as much as the cruise itself).
Almost every morning we woke up-went down to the outside restuarant-and most days just ate from the buffett-you have to try the chilliquillas-they are yummylicious! The staff was always very friendly and attentive-even with the all inclusive you have to sign the recipt-but do not panic-we were nervous that at checkout we would have surprise costs on our bill-but that was not the case. After this we always went to the same spot-we sat in 2 of the longe chairs by the small pool and jacuzzi-by the bar/pizza oven. We had a GREAT view of the water and the rocks. It was so relaxing. It was close to the main pull with all of the activities-but not too close. We would order drinks margarittas and taranjas-sprite like soft drink(sp)-right from our chairs-and our cups NEVER went empty-we would also order lunch or a snack right from our spot- you have to try the homemade chips with guac and salse-it is so fresh and the best we have had anywhere! You also need to oredr the Pizza Royale-it is baked in a wood burning pizza oven-it is 1 of the best we have ever had! Once again the pool wait staff worked very hard-are very friendly and helpful-thank you ME AMIGOS!

THEME NIGHTS-My husband and I are not huge party goers-but we do like to have a good time-and that is what you will have at the theme nights-they somehow find a way to make it special and fun for everyone-wheter you are a young couple-a family with kids or older. We went to 2 of the theme nights and will do it again when we go back!
1. Mexican Fiesta Night-Was a good experience-they have a mexican buffett for the meal and then they have traditional mexican dancers that perform with the sun setting behind them. It was very neat to see.
2. The Beach Night-A great time!!!!!!!!!! They have a beach food buffett-you have to try the rum punch-I am not a big rum person but these are awesome! After the meal they have a limbo game-which is fun to participate in or just watch-and then they have a live band that plays a wide range of music-my husband who never dances even got up and danced!!!! Like I said it is a very fun atmosphere that makes EVERYONE feel comfortable.
EXCURSIONS-We went on a 4 wheel 1/2 day trip where we saw the local culture-a beautiful small church and school and an out of the way deserted beach-which was well worth the cost of the trip!
We also rented jet skis for an hour-right down from the hotel-it was ok-but not worth $75.
Th other trip EVERYONE should take is a glass bottom boat trip out to Lands End/Lovers Beach-which you can only get to by boat. We saw a sea lion-lots of fish and we spent some very quiet time on Lovers Beach where I snorkled and my husband just swam.-Well worth the cheap ticket=also purchased on the beach down from hotel.

AIRPORT-When you arrive-get your luggage and go to the OUTSIDE (I CAN NOT STRESS THIS 1 ENOUGH) of the airport-do not stop to talk to people that are waiting on the other side of the sliding doors who will try and tell you that they are you are looking for and 1 even said they were with our resort-DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM-THEY ARE TIMESHARE SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!! We were almost sucked in 2x-but as soon as we got OUTSIDE we found our transportation company.
Nice ride to hotel-but the company did not show up to take us back on our departure day-so we took a taxi-which cost us $ 60-book-it re-imbursed us upon our return.
TIMESHARE at RESORT-On the first night of your arrival-you willo get a call asking you to come down to get your welcome packet-just get it over with-go pick it up and if you are not interested just tell them so and they will leave you alone after that-the same thing for the outside representative who you will see by th pool-we told her we were not interested and please do not ask us again-and she didn't-but she was still very friendly to us!
We are a childless couple :( and when we went we were looking for a relaxing time)-yes there are kids& famalies-but the resort is so big that you can always find a quiet place-if that is what you are looking for-likewise-if you are looking for a place to spend time with your family-there are lots of areas for this too-but the hotel is not overrun by kids-which is what we found to be the case on the cruise and our normal beach vacation spot.

*We did take $1 bills and did tip extra-sometimes-but not everytime sokeone brought us something-the staff works very hard in the hot sun and always seem to have a smile on their faces-whatever they are paid-I am sure it is not enough!

We will def. go back to Cabo-we are getting ready to go to the DR and are hoping that we will have the same GREAT experience there!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tngirl37620

Dear Guest, first of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Villa del Palmar as the ideal place to spend your vacation. It was a real pleasure to be your Host at your home away from home. We have received your comments of your past stay in our Resort. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay wiht us, and all the amenities and service we have to offer, as our main goal is to exceed the expectations of our Guests, and hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for.