Just returned from Cabo and a great stay at the Villa del Palmar.
I read a lot of reviews before making my decision to stay here. I was a bit nervous about some of the negative reviews I read, but It turned out to be the perfect choice for us and we had a fantastic time.
We had no problems with being harassed by time share sharks,as others have stated. Yes, they do approach you and try to talk you into a time share seminar, but people, that is their job! Just say no thank you, and they soon forget about you. Check in was quick and efficient, didn't care for the room they gave us, so we asked to be switched and the next one was just perfect . The furniture was a bit dated, but for us, but it was clean, comfortable and had a great view of the pool and ocean and that was all that mattered. We did not do the all inclusive, so we did the shopping trip to Walmart and were really surprised to see how nice it was. Very good produce section and had all the essentials we needed for our week. We saved money by making our own breakfast, lunch and snacks.There is a full fridge so you can really stock up.
We found this hotel to be VERY efficiently run. Any problems we had were seen to right away and ALL of the staff were super friendly and accommodating. The entertainment crew during the day were so energetic and funny and just made for a really fun day around the pool. We had so much fun swimming and boggie boarding at the beach but if you are not a strong swimmer you do need to be cautious. There are lots of comfy loungers and umbrellas on the beach and the vendors are nice and not too annoying like some other places we have been to in Mexico.
Happy hour by the pool was a great way to end the day, enjoy the sunset and meet other vacationers.We have an eight year old and a teenager and neither of them were ever bored.
The hotel grounds are beautiful and clean and the view of the ocean and rock formations are just stunning. Each evening we went to a different restaurant in town, there are so many excellent ones to choose from, so we didn't feel the need to eat dinner at the hotel. We might have, had the hotel restaurant prices not been so high. It just wasn't worth it for us and in my opinion the hotel should really consider dropping their prices to bring more guests in.The beach party at the hotel was the one and only evening we spent there and it was a blast with a band, dancing and fun activities for the kids.
On the nights we went into town, we walked home and found it totally safe and a good way to work off your dinner if you are up for the 20 min stroll.
In conclusion, this is a terrific hotel perfectly situated in Cabo with so many great features, views to die for, great swimming beach, your choice of fun pool or relaxing pool. It is a time share hotel, so one should not be surprised to be approached by time share sales people.(That is why you probably got such a good deal in the first place).
If you have totally unrealistic expectations or are super nit-picky or are expecting a 5 star I don't recommend this hotel, but if you are looking for a great time at a family friendly, affordable hotel with great features....go, have fun and enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas