5,769 results
All reviewstaco barbella californiatime sharewhale slidejose reyessports barvilla groupall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationmusty smellocean viewupper poolnightly showsour waiterpool sideall inclusive planpool concierge
Reviewed December 10, 2017

This resort is a great mix of fun, entertainment, beachfront, etc. Yes the resort is a bit older but it is very well kept up. And for the price, its a good value for sure. The nightly themed dinner parties are very entertaining. The entertainment staff keeps the pool lively and fun during the day. It seems like nightly there is something else going on whether it be a movie or dancing by the beach. There is a store, several places to eat, a fantastic taco bar and the staff is amazing. And we still have not found a comparable spa anywhere else!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
GabyGalindoL, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Dear Kcannonjr

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
I am please to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay
It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo team, to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

The Villa del Pamar is in a great location.
Do not do the timeshare presentation. They say it's only 90 minutes. But the only thing 90 minutes is the initial presentation. After you finally get "no" through their skulls, they pass you off to the next hard seller and then finally to the activities shop. All to get the cash back you put down to initially schedule the presentation. All in all it was 2.5 hrs of hell.
It was also disappointing to see so many rooms with views being renovated during high season. Seems like they could have done that during low season and not when giving us those rooms instead of all the garden view rooms being all that was available.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris E
GabyGalindoL, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Dear Chris E
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for trusting us with your vacation.I sincerely regret that your satisfaction was affected by the timeshare presentation timely, and the delay in our remodelation program in one of our building, we face that challege this year after being affected by a couple of tropical storms, It is important for us to identify opportunities for improvement in order to sustain our exceptional service. Rest assured that the proper measures have been taken in order to avoid this type of situations to our valued guests like you.
We look forward to hosting you again soon at our beautiful Villa del Palmar and change this experience.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

This is the first time we stayed in Cabo, so I'm not familiar with other hotels. This hotel is absolutely stunning. My husband, who has been to Cabo several times said this one is great! The pool is huge, great for children and couples, it wasn't too busy. There is only 1 hot tub, and no one was ever it in, except Friday night it was crazy with some really loud people. The hotel is right off the beach, so if you want to swim in the ocean, it's literally down the stairs and if the kids want to make sand castles they can. Overall service was great, and the room was very clean. We would definitely stay here again! Also, if you let them know you're celebrating a special occasion they make you a cute little dessert platter on your last day. Really nice!

One last thing, this hotel is one of 3 sister hotels, located next to each other. The palmar is the most quiet, the others are more family and kid accommodating with more kids activities. The palmar is suppose to be nicer, pricier and fancier - during our stay there were kids but I we had kids with us we would have preferred to stay at the other hotels because they all had more kids activities. You can always walk to the other hotels for dinner and activities, which is what we did.

Room Tip: great view, great room, beautiful hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Mona M

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Aside from the three hours of being subjected to a sales presentation that ways promised to be 90 minuets our stay was pleasant. We did not visit the $300+ USD spa for a massage. We did enjoy the view from the beach and the visits into Cabo San Lucas. The food quality was hit and miss. Our concierge, Yenni, was wonderful, helpful and kind. She was one of the highlights of the trip. Carlos at the Taco Hut was superb. Everything was pretty pricey, however. The beds were comfortable and housekeeping did a very good job. It was a pleasant and would consider returning.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Osucowboy1949
Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas and for sharing the details of your stay with us.
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are commited to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words wich I will personally share with Yenni from concierge and Carlos,your waiter.
On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo team, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

We are late 30s/early 40s couple w/ a 2 year old and a 4 year old; did the all-inclusive plan.

The Good:

The entertainment team is INCREDIBLE, and the nightly shows were amazing for our kids. In particular Laura and Nicole. I cannot say enough good things about these two. They were absolutely amazing with our children, the entire week, and went so far beyond what would be expected of them. Anytime they saw each other, whether it was at the shows or during the day at the pool they went out of their way to say hi to our kids and play with them. Our kids talked about them the entire trip, and loved every minute of their time with them. Traveling with kids can be hard, these two helped make it an amazing vacation for them. Laura and Nicole, sincerely thank you so much.

The food. All inclusive and great food - not something that usually goes together. The food was great, from the Taco Bar to the main restaurant. We were all pleasantly surprised and so glad we ended up doing the all inclusive. Our initial fears in regards to the "some things aren't included" vanished on day 1. There's one or two items on the dinner menu that cost extra; everything else is included. The in-room "Honor Bar" was annoying for about 5 seconds until we simply moved the stuff to where our kids couldn't get it. End of any issues there; loved the all inclusive plan.

The room cleaning schedule was great. They cleaned our room two times a day, and any additional times we wanted after a simple phone call. Was so nice always coming back to a clean room.

Not a single time share presentation, or anyone even asking if we wanted to. After checking in they want you to go to the concierge for a welcome package. This is where they likely start the pressure - we simply didn't go to the concierge. There's no need. All these people complaining about time share presentations... what were you expecting? That's on you. If you go get ready for a multi hour sales pitch, at any resort. Is that really worth a free breakfast or horse ride? Don't go folks unless you have multiple hours to kill.

The workout room/gym was surprisingly good, with enough real equipment to do some serious workouts if you want.

The Whale Slide. It's great! The kids loved it, I loved it, and did I mention the kids love it? It's a killer feature for those with young kids. I lost track of how many times our kids went down it.

Great service from anyone. Folks, don't be cheap - tip the staff a buck or two if they have been hauling you drinks or food all day long. Some of these reviews are hilarious. Of course you are going to get staff more eager to serve you if you tip; welcome to the real world. Even the staff we had never seen before always come up to us before we had ever tipped them, so even if you don't tip at all you should get great service there. Don't be cheap though; it's only a couple bucks a day.

The Bad:

The room curtains in the room don't fully close, and there were some holes/tears in ours. This lets A LOT of light into the room in the early morning. I took the decorate bed cover and draped it over the curtain - problem solved. I suggest you look at the curtains when you check in.

Only one working elevator. Lots of people have talked about this, won't repeat. Didn't bother us too much, but there were one or two times we took the stairs down because of a long line.

Our room was fine, but I did overhear a few people checking in who were asking for new rooms because the rooms smelled like mold. There is clearly a problem with some of the rooms.

The Internet is terrible. I pad the $60 for the week as I had to do work. In the early mornings or late nights its OK when most people aren't using it. During the day I'd equate it to a level or two above airplane WIFI. Fine for email, some light web surfing, etc - with lots of timeouts or disconnects in between. It's locked per device, but if you are like me and want to use your laptop in the room and your phone while you are walking the property - purchase the internet on your phone and spoof your MAC on your laptop to have the same MAC address. Now you can use both devices (only one at a time though). Little annoying to have to do that dance, but is doable and

The REALLY BAD:

And this is why I'm giving a 4 star rating out of 5, because frankly this is wildly unacceptable.

One of the main reasons we booked this hotel is because kids aged 2-4 are free for the all inclusive. Some places want to charge full or half price, which is insane because they probably eat $20 worth of food the entire time. I booked the room over the phone, and triple/quadruple confirmed our kids would be free.

When we arrived and went to check in, suddenly we were told our kids would be extra. And this is where the wheels went off the bus.

First they told me that I had to talk to the reservation department. So they put me on the phone with some lady who had no idea what I was talking about. She put me on hold for a while.

Then some random guy picks up from the hold, and he has no idea who I am or why I'm calling. I have no idea who he is, he doesn't even say his name or what department he works in. Was literally just some random guy.

I asked to see the manager. The manager was "at lunch" and not available. It was like 3pm; how is there no manager available anywhere?

The entire thing felt like a scam.

By this time, after spending most of the day traveling with two young kids, it's now been about an hour of standing at the registration desk with ZERO leadership from the people who worked there. Folks - this is your job, not my job to figure out what is going on.

Then suddenly the lady checking me in says "Oh, it's all been resolved now. Your kids are free."

Who resolved it? I hadn't talked to anyone who knew anything. There was "no manager" available. She hadn't gone and talked to anyone. But after an hour of standing there saying no my kids are free, per my original booking, the issue suddenly "resolved itself" and I no longer had to pay extra.

What a horrible, horrible, horrible way to start the vacation - feeling like the hotel you were staying at was trying to scam you right at the get go. Honestly the rest of the trip I dreaded checkout just assuming there would be something else like that. Fortunately, there wasn't.

Long review short - aside from a epic bad check-in experience, the whole vacation was amazing and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank sdnerd

Dear sdnerd
I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are commited to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words wich I will personally share with Nicole and Laura, from entertainment team.
We offer you our most sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced by your check in time, it is for sure that there is always managment in charge, the answer you get was definetly not the appropiate one. For all of us your comments are important, since they are the tool to improve our quality and service levels and to highlight the opportunity areas in which you experienced challenge.