“Terrific Vacation”

Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Villa de Palmar is an aging but nice property. The staff is very helpful and the location is superb. They upgraded us first from a studio to a one bedroom and then, because of construction, to a penthouse. Sweet! Thanks to Maria Elena, the Pool Concierge, for helping us book activities. Don't get ripped off by the guys on the beach, best to go through Maria. Gracias Mami!. Also, the staff at the fitness center was very helpful and Edna at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask and you shall receive. If not keep asking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank alan s

Reviewed August 28, 2014

This was our first trip to Cabo beside stopping for a cruise back in 2011.. We got a great deal on a two bed three bath unit at Villa Del Palmar which made it that much better. We had a nice ocean view which was beautiful, also had a view of both pools and pretty much everything else outside. The rooms were perfect for the four of us, it was nice to have our own bathrooms. The hotel is older but I think it is in great shape considering that, the rooms were a little dated but really we didnt mind plus how much time do you spend in the room? We did not do all inclusive which worked best for us. We stopped at Wal Mart and the liquor store on the way to the hotel picked up breakfast and lunch stuff for the week. My husband and I are more adventurous so we went to town most nights for dinner and my parents ate at the hotel majority of the nights, they said the pizza was good and did the buffet one night which wasn't their favorite. We had a few things at the pool food wise but it was pretty expensive if not on the all inclusive plan so we would go back to the room for snacks and stuff. Walking to town was an adventure the first time my husband and I (32 & 26) decided to take the beach, we walked all the way to the marina on the beach which took quite a while. We didnt know we could have cut up into town a lot sooner and saved some energy but it was still safe and fine. Other nights we walked through town finding our way to bars, shopping and stuff which again didnt really know where we were going but once we found our way it was about twenty minute walk or ten minute cab ride for like $10 each way. Again felt safe walking all the time the latest we walked back was probably about midnight. We hung out by the pool pretty much all 7 days there during the day, they had fun activities which we all enjoyed and met lots of fun people. We did have couple days where it was hard to find five chairs but we would just take random ones and move them, no biggie to us. All in all I would definitely stay here again for the great deal we got though when I see how much it is through Expedia or other sites not sure I would spend that much when there are so many vacation rentals for same price range. My husband and I fell in love with Cabo, we have already booked out next trip and are taking another couple with us. Cannot wait!!!

Room Tip: This hotel has the most going on at the pools and stuff during the day, it wasnt ever crazy just nic...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank srolow21
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This was a great resort to stay at with our kids in Cabo. We loved the location. Close to the downtown but far enough away to feel more private. The amenities were great. The staff was really great, especially the Pool manager. They cleaned the room daily and did a great job with giving new clean towels, cleaning up the kitchen, etc. The resort pool was fun for our kids with the slide and pottery painting - we loved Alma the pool server and she did a great job bringing us what we liked to drink each day without us even asking all the time. The food for the most part was great - we weren't too thrilled with the taco bar by the beach - but everything else was good. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank michelejenkins2006
Reviewed August 27, 2014

My husband and I vacation at Villa del Palmar July 2014 for 5 wonderful days and had a great time! The staff was friendly, attentive, great. Although the resort is a little dated Jr Suite we stayed in was really nice, roomy and clean. I was very surprised how tasty and fresh the food was daily. The resort pool and outdoor activities was very nice as well. Overall had a fantastic time and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This was our second stay at Villa del Palmar - again they did not disappoint. The check-in staff was accommodating and very welcoming. Pool areas are clean and well-maintained; drink and food services at all pool areas was super. Vendors on beach were not a bother, they are encouraged to stay "outside the roped area", so you only engage with them if you want to. Summary - great place to stay on Medano Beach.

Room Tip: Building 2 is our favorite and higher floors facing sea are the best!!
Reviewed August 26, 2014

First time visiting Cabo San Lucas and I must say that I really enjoy myself. The atmosphere was great, and it was always something to do. I will say that the activities away from the Resort were very interesting as well, so be sure to look into that upon arrival. The staff was very courteous as well. Efrain the Bellman was a great guy that takes care of you from the moment you arrive until you check out. He is a very funny guy with extreme comical talent. Tomas' was the best server by far. He was extremely courteous and very attentive. I would recommend this Resort to all especially families because it has a family feel.

1  Thank Carlton D
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Just returned. Have been an owner for 15 years and been there many times. Always a good time. While the structure has aged and the room furniture is dated, the grounds, pools and staff are very good. I prefer eating outside the hotel but the new Taco Bar was good and reasonably priced. Two good hard tennis courts always available. Cabo is in the midst of a building boom with many new places to stay. The Villa Group does well with VDP, La Estancia and Villa Del Arco all within walking distance to Medano Beach. Nice beach but rough water.

Good shopping at Walmart and Mega.

The hassle is car rentals. I like having a vehicle for its convenience. Rentals now require their own full Mexican Insurance which is expensive. They will not rent without it. They will not accept your credit card coverage. I was not advised of this by Dollar Rent A Car when I rented on line. VDP is well served by buses for shopping or into town. Food is good in Cabo.

Room Tip: Building 2 has best view, but get a high floor to avoid the noise. Building 1 faces part of beach a...