Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$332
$236
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$564
$431
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$468
$429
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$276
$204
Melia.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
$700
$669
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$451
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$389
$327
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$485
$196
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$122
5,435 results
All reviewstaco barbella californiawhale slidetime sharejose reyessports barvilla groupall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationdesert spaupper poolocean viewnightly showsour waiterall inclusive planpool sidegreat vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Villa Del Palmer. We did the timeshare presentation, it was 4 hours, very tiring, my husband was ready to buy, our presenter talked himself out of a sale, he just kept promising more and more until we just didn't believe it anymore, kind of funny now thinking back on it. Anyway, it was worth the time we spent to receive the all inclusive for such a deal. All the staff were very nice and helpful, bartenders and wait staff were all very accommodating, even the ladies cleaning were all very nice, I have to say we are a friendly couple and we like people so that could make a difference, I read several negative reviews. They had theme nights after the buffet, which was decent, it was a fun time. Pools are nice, get there early to stake your spot. Breakfast was the best, get the omelets, so tasty. Be ready for the guys on the beach selling their wares, of course I bought 3 or 4 pieces of jewelry, hope they hold up. Would we do it again? Yes!

Room Tip: We had a nice view of the courtyard, could see the sunrise and ocean around the corner.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank geriwann
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Definitiely recommend this resort! Many many highlights. We recently stayed at the Villa del Palmar and got the all inclusive package and a one bedroom suite (recommended!). We have stayed at many 4-5 stars resorts and this one does not disappoint. The room was great (especially the view), the restaurants were great, the staff were professional and friendly, and the beach couldn't be better (you can swim in the ocean at this location). There are two affiliated Villa Resorts next door (Villa Estancia and the Villa del Arco - both very nice). With the all inclusive package, you can use the restaurants and the pools at the Villa del Arco so there lots of variety. Also location is perfect as you can easily walk to downtown and the marina in 15 minutes (or taxi for $9US).
We read all the other reviews before we left and it appeared the main concerns were have to sign for all your meals and drinks, and the time-share salesman. As for the signing, they must do this as some guests do not have the all inlcusive package and it really was not a big deal to sign a meal or drink slip. As for the time-share salesman, just remember there is nothing for free. After signing in, the concierges tell you about the resort and offer some free stuff and discounts if you attend a 1-one information session regarding time-share. We respectfully said no and we were not bothered in any way the rest of the trip. If you're not interested, just say no. Although, after seeing this place I can definitely see why some people would be interested in being an owner. In short, it was everything we expected. Absolutely recommend!

Room Tip: One bedroom suites in building #1 (east side) have a great southwest view of the bay. Also would recommend the all inclusive package.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Russ T
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Second time in two years we have stayed at VDP....we love this place which is why we go back...AI is decent value and the food is excellent....activity nights and themes are great with good food....action around the pool has events for all ages and bingo in the afternoons....can't say enough about the quality of staff...start your morning with the beautiful smiles and welcome of your hostess Graciala and Rut....pool side drinks under the supervision of pool manager, Ester and pool concierge, Alucard....you will be looked after all day by Sandra, Jerry, Sergio and Norman and the Sports Bar #1 guy is Giovanni....these folks are the best and are one of the things that make VDP a great place to vacation....we have stayed at a resort on the Pacific side as well and although it has it qualities it is not as fun as VDP........Bear

Room Tip: 1719 on the east arm...one bedroom with its own private hot tub and a decent ocean view...right above the stage...we like to be high with ocean views and this works
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VBear02
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a poolside suite and the access and ease to the pool was awesome especially for a family with young children. The food was wonderful both poolside and the evening buffet. The entertainment staff was by far the best. The shows each night were spectacular and entertaining for the whole family. The children we involved on stage each night which was so fun. My girls loved the daily activities and had a special bond with Yeni. We felt comfortable leaving the girls while we went horseback riding. Thanks everyone.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sap4169
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I recommend the Villa Del Pal Mar to anyone interested in visiting Mexico. Loreto is a low key location that allows the visitor to relax and enjoy. The Villa makes the stay enjoyable and relaxing. The site has 3 very good restaurants from a sports bar style, a buffet (family style) and an excellent fine dining experience. We had the pleasure of dining at all three several times. In the morning, Maria (the omelet lady) cranks out awesome omelets with the same smile regardless of the line of people ordering up her specialty. Edgar, (our waiter) was always welcoming and enjoyable.

On the beach Jorge makes the best mango margarita's to be had, in addition he made the experience enjoyable. My wife and I would walk to the beach and order a drink from him, just to chat. He is truly a gem, (I would love to have him working in my company). Manny served us at pool side, again a wonderful guy. There are several more waiters, hosts and managers I would like to give a shout out to, but I didn't take their names down.
The management went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable, Maria the concierge, went way over the call of duty to make sure we had a very positive experience. I have the highest praise for her. (She is another I would love to have in my company)
While on site, I recommend taking a few of the excursions made available. The Loreto bay is a government protected wildlife area so the diving, snorkeling, hiking, whale watching etc are unbelievable. We took in the whale watching which included transport to and from the pacific side, an extensive whale watching boat excursion where the whales come right to the boat with their young, and lunch at a local diner. I cant remember our guides name, Fausta (I think) was an excellent, informed, entertaining guide. He represents his company, the Villa and the country of Mexico with pride and enthusiasm. I recommend him highly. Our other excursion was a snorkeling adventure on the Isle de Coronado. This is a sea life sanctuary that has more sea life than I have seen in any other diving trip I've taken. Our guide "Said" was wonderful and made sure we hade all the equipment we needed for the trip. We snorkeled around the island, boated to the sea lions, and toured the island, while boating around the island in an awesome pontoon boat, Said explained the geologic formation and the uniqueness of the islands creation. We stopped and had lunch on the island afterward, Said took us for a nature walk again explaining the island. Said is not only very well informed and entertaining, he is a great steward of the national park. He would pick up small pieces of trash all during the walk saying it is our responsibility to keep our parks clean.

All in all, our trip was unbelievable and I recommend the Villa Del Palmar the city of Loreto the excursions to anyone interested in a nice quiet warm vacation. When you grab your margarita on the beach, say hi to Jorge for me.

Room Tip: get a room facing the ocean, the view is killer.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends