Found this all inclusive VDP package on a Facebook ad. We bought the trip in early September with the understanding that there were no black-out dates - anytime there was availability we could book our trip. When we called in late September to book the trip for the week before Christmas we were told there was an additional $200+ fee because of the season. After several phone calls, plenty of persistence, and more patience than either of us thought we had - we read the small print only about a hundred times to find the non-existent "clause" they were referencing, they finally agreed to schedule our week when we wanted and NOT charge us the additional fee.
Part of our deal - the dreaded timeshare presentation. The morning after arrival you get the timeshare presentation out of the way and it's only to last about 90 minutes. It only lasts 90 minutes if you BUY! If you say no, double the time. At introduction, they tell you that if you say no, no problem, we part as friends. However, it took an additional 90 minutes of us firmly (we never waivered) and diplomatically saying NO before we finally got out of there. Sales is a numbers game - give enough presentations, you'll meet your sales goals. So, shoot for a certain number of no's and you'll get the yes's you want/need. We actually had to explain this to the sales person to encourage her to move on to her next potential sale. We were captive from 9:30 until nearly 1:00. Just so you know. Once you get past that, you can see that is the price you pay for the discounted rate of the all-inclusive stay.
From then on, the stay was EXCELLENT! Clean room, excellent food, nice people, fun activities - EXCELLENT!!! We would absolutely return and take family/friends with us! We para-sailed, snorkeled, took the water-taxi over to Lover's Beach, had massages on the beach and in town, ate fabulous food - Tortuga's food is fantastic! Everyone from the hotel staff to the vendors on the beach were wonderful! It was a fabulous experience!
Important TIP - upon arrival at the SJD airport: Walk straight though every set of doors until you are outside!!! Do NOT let anyone between customs and the fresh air of the great outdoors convince you they are who you are looking for!!! They are trying to get you to attend more timeshare presentations, under the guise of being helpful to you - and they are relentless with their gimmicks! You will get discounts on activities as you are leaving the VDP timeshare presentation, at the resort through the concierge, and from the vendors themselves! Negotiate everywhere for the best prices on activities and souvenirs/gifts!
One of the many things I hope my kids learn: Your experience is often based on your expectations and the attitude you present. If you are kind & appreciative & gracious with people, they will leave you with a much more positive impression. If you are impatient, arrogant, and rude - that's what they'll reflect. Have an open mind and realize you are on vacation!!! Be grateful and HAVE FUN!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas