Just returned from a 5 day stay at the the Palmar. This is not a 5-star, 4 Seasons type resort. If that is what you are expecting, you will be disappointed. However, my wife and I went in with no illusions and were very pleasantly and happily surprised. We had the 'all inclusive' deal (SOOO worth it). Breakfast buffet each morning (made to order omelettes and excellent chilaquiles) had more than enough variety not to be repetitive after 5 days. Lunch could be had either in the restaurant or brought to your chaise lounge by the pool. Dinner at the ocean-front restaurant was good for a couple nights, but as expected, we went in to town for a couple dinners as well, just to change it up.
I read earlier reviews about 'weak' or 'watered down' drinks... I must disagree. All of the drinks were great (sometimes too strong) and waiters and bartenders were fantastic and hard working. I never really waited to be served, and somebody was always asking if I was OK, or if I needed anything. Yes, I had the 'all inclusive' wristband on, but I still tipped a couple / few bucks here and there and I believe that goes a long way towards good service anywhere.
Overall, we had a very nice experience, at a VERY reasonable price. The Palmar is is bit old, especially if you compare it to the Los Arcos down the beach (the newer property). But we spent about 20 minutes a day in our room, when not sleeping, so it was not an issue. The staff was great, the food was pretty good, the grounds were clean, the pools were nice and the view(s) could not be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas