This is our third consecutive year at VDP, First time we went in 2011 with our 8 months old daughter, each stay was 9 days or so. Tomorrow 4/5/13, we are going there again for 9 days.
Following are few things we like and dislike.
Firstly, Let me thank Alex at Bella California, He is manager there and always there to help and very nice person to talk to.
Jose - 2011, he had this dinner settings near the fire pit and we enjoyed it so much, he is one of the best servers we have ever met and he made our trip, and he along with Alex and the rest of the server staff were the reason we went there next year.
- Great location
- All the servers are very nice, except Morning staff at breakfast buffet and some people at dinner. I feel that is mostly because we always do all inclusive and they dont seem to like that.
- Food is always nice, never had to complain about food
- Very clean
- Most of the staff at Las tortugas are Awesome, we had few bad experiences first year but i think they got rid of bad people, last year the manager there was very helpful with my daughter's stroller and also he made sure we got served drinks etc. sometimes they are short of servers but again, they have great Live entertainment at night so no big deal.
- I would not say that font desk staff is very friendly, they are OK. they need to improve in this area and make sure all guests feel special, and treated with equal respect.
- Also, yes spring breaks are busy but any place in cabo will be full with drunk students at that time so stop complaining about spring breaks. i have been there in spring breaks and its busy time but you can manage.
-Kid pool area should be reserved for people with kids, many people just reserve this area and then families with kids dont have space to sit.
-We never had any problems with timeshares, just be firm and say that you are not ready for it right now. and that's it, no one will bother you. if they do then just tell them again same thing that you cant do it right now. be nice about it.
Complaints from last year:
- We had hard time convincing about the Kid's pool temperature, all the kids were cold, and we were afraid that my daughter will catch cold. even other kids around 10 years were cold. It took me half of my vacation and more to convince Ronaldo but still it wasn't fixed. He tried but not sure what was the problem, after 5th day he kept asking me every day if its good(I give him credit for that), and i kept saying that its good, i was actually really angry and decided not to go there again. but then again, i give him a lot of credit for trying and just one problem should not cloud whole experience. I will see what happens this time.
People please take a minute and see how hard they work in heat and cold, they are always working so if it take few minutes longer to get your drinks then whats the big deal ?? get more beers and ask for ice. You can even go and get your own drinks and little walking might even help with the beer belly. :)
Hotel staff - Please make sure you give people time of their life, as most people have very stressful life and they are on vacation to get away from all that and to relax.Also, I have noticed that hotel managers are not around at front desk so when you have a complaints its very hard to reach them so please be available during normal business hours as front desk staff is not always helpful or dont have permission to do many things that managers can do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas