Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$332
$236
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$564
$431
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$468
$429
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$276
$204
Melia.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
$700
$669
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$451
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$389
$327
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$485
$196
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$122
5,435 results
All reviewstaco barbella californiawhale slidetime sharejose reyessports barvilla groupall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationdesert spaupper poolocean viewnightly showsour waiterall inclusive planpool sidegreat vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Most of the bad reviews on here echo what I encountered:

Two hour check in only to discover we could not get the room we booked. The company we purchased the trip from, not the hotel, of course, overbooked. We were forced to sign a waiver to accept the downgrade-and no, they will not give you a refund for the downgrade. DOES THIS STORY SOUND FAMILIAR?

It smelled like sewer at night-not a light whiff, I mean every breath it was all up in your nostrils pungent. NOT ROMANTIC.

CONSTANT hounding to attend timeshare.

Extremely rude, not helpful staff.

Expect to be lied to.

Creative charges appeared on our credit card statement once received after trip.

Did I mention the constant harassment to attend a timeshare? A lady from the hotel literally kept running along us yelling at us as we walked to go find the bus.

Look at the bad reviews. This has been going on more than five years.

I hope people who go in the future will capture this stuff on camera phone and post it. I'd left my iPhone at home so I didn't have it with me. Ultimately big mistake.

I don't believe most of the positive reviews after what I experienced. It was the worst vaca EVER. I will never get my $ or that time back.

Miserable.

• Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank Nerak321
villadelpalmar1, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

On be half of Villa Del Palmar we offer you our deepest apologies for not providing you with the level of service you deserve. Do believe actions are been taken in order to correct any service issue. Your comments are taken by heart. We truly hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to change this past experience.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in Feb 2013. We found a good price online if we agreed to go to a timeshare presentation. It was a very nice, and there were restrictions. They did let us know this right when we arrived. They first put us in a ground floor room facing the parking lot, but we went back and told them I cannot sleep next to so much noise. They moved us to the 7th floor, so that was great.
You have to wear a bracelet, which I really dont like to do because it leaves a ring from the sun, and it also is a kinda 'status' thing around there. Depending on the color the staff can tell that you have these restrictions. Still had really great food, and bottom shelf drinks. This was fine with us because we dont need to have the finest of everything, we care more about having a good time.
For this vacation we just wanted to relax (the stress of a wedding will do that to you) so we just found a place on the beach every morning to hang out all day. You really do have to be down early in order to get a spot either by the pool, or on the beach area that has chairs and umbrellas. We would go before breakfast and put our towels out and leave a book.....make it look lived in because if you just put your towel on the chair they will move it and say you cant save seats. There are a few great beach waiters that bring your drinks and food right to the beach chair. That was just awesome!!! Some of them take forever to get back, so I ended up going to the bar to get us a soda while we waited.
During the reservation process we were required to pay $20/day for a 'staff tip.' I am pretty sure this tip did not go to the staff, because they all had their hands out. I did tip the few that gave outstanding service, but feel this is really manipulative. Either tips are included or they are not, staff should not be expecting tips if you have already paid them. I dont mind tipping for good service, but if I tipped every time it would have cost about another $100/day.
Overall it was a really great experience (even the timeshare presentation was not bad and we would have considered purchasing if we were in a better spot in our lives). We really enjoyed the sun and the sand, and it was really great that we did not have to go into town to purchase novelties as the vendors come right along the beach.
The activities and entertainment staff are AMAZING!!! They do pool games and teach water sports all day then do the entertainment for the show at night. They are really hard workers, and fun to be around.
Highly recommend this for good relaxation and good food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kbfun
villadelpalmar1, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for having shared your experience with others. Your comments are highly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your future vacations.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The location and ammenities are wonderful. The all inclusive deal is awesome because you can go use it at the Argo resort as well which is walking distance. I left my I.D. with a cab driver and the bellman (Ivan Salguero) handled the whole situation for me and got my I.D. back the next day. He was also very knowledgable about everything there is to do in Cabo and pointed our group in the right direction! Only bad part was the restaurant and drinks situation. you have to sign for a drink or food everytime you get a drink regardless if you all inclusive or not. this was a huge hassel and sometimes it would take an hr to get a drink by the pool. other than that the experienceat this resort was a "10". Thanks again to Ivan Salguero!!

• Stayed: March 2013

We thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. They are taken by heart. On the other hand we are please to know that Ivan and the rest of the staff provide you with exceptional service. We look forward to you hosting you once again on your next vacations.

Cordially,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This resort exceeded my expectations. The service was terrific - everyone was friendly. Food was great for an all-inclusive. I wouldn't have minded more variety though - only 3 restaurants on site. You could dine at the sister Villas resorts restaurants but it's not part of the all-inclusive (though we were told you would get a discount). Since I was only there 4 days, I ate at the on-site restaurants only. No complaints aside from variety. The hotel was clean and comfy. I forgot it was college spring break during the time of my stay, which made for some interesting scenery (drunken young people and such), but the hotel did their best to keep it contained. Beach was swimmable and resort itself was close enough to the marina if you wanted to walk (maybe a 10-15 minute walk). Great little trip!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

We are please to know that you had a pleasant stay and that we excited your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your future vacations and make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great stay. Food good, drinks easy and plentiful, location fabulous room wonderful.
Came on an all inclusive package with low expectations. More than pleasantly surprised.
Staff is fabulous, especially Esther and Alberto who went out of their way to make us happy at the pool with chairs, food and drinks. Would return again no question.
It was just past spring break, lots of young people having fun but no one got out of hand.
Place gets pretty quiet by 10 pm, good mix of kids, families and couples.
Staff again is excellent all around.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We like to thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you on your next vacations and make Villa Del Palmar your Home Away from Home.

Kind regards,