This property is on the outside of the town and it is a $7.00 ride each way to town which we knew when we chose this property. The day we checked in we were given room 2319. This room had a bad odor that smelled of mildew/mold. The room was so damp that our clean clothes were wet by the next morning. We went right down to the front desk the next morning and expressed our issues with the room. We told them we also wanted to be away from the noise. We were first offered a different room but was told it only had one bed. We said we needed two. We then were offered another room which was 2601. We looked at it first. The room would need to be cleaned and we said ok. This room was on a corner and was quiet and had a extra window so you could see the ocean from your bed. From the patio you also had a partial ocean view. I feel this hotel knows it has issues with some of these rooms as they do not fight you trying to change rooms and we witnessed several guests requesting to switch thier room. What is sad is when the second room was not ready yet they tried to offer us a room with a view of the pool and full ocean view. The location was great and the view to die for but the room smelled!!
As much as we would like to have taken it and for no additional cost we could not take the smell.
As for the time share people they barely let you check in and are there at the pool,and when you get a taxi, it is way too much pressure.Overall the grounds are clean and the employees are friendly.Pool service was good............a little slower for beach service. If I had been stuck in my orginal room for the whole week my vacation would have been ruined. Would like to acknowledge Oscar at the front desk.............he worked well under pressure and assisted us in changing our room. He also remembered us daily. On a side note this was a week a friend traded into through Interval International and if this is the type of room that they would give to a owner it is totally shameful especially with the high level of pressure to buy here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas