“Great Resort!,”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bartlett, Tennessee
“Great Resort!,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Never having been to Cabo before I spent hours looking at reviews and trying to get the biggest bang for my buck. This resort was fabulous. My husband and I have been to Mexico 8 times and this by fR was our best experience. When we checked in we were greeted by a cool wonderfully scented face towel and a popcycle and drink. The timeshare presentation was low key and once we said no we were sent onto our room. Our room was a one bedroom facing the ocean. It was my husband's birthday and they had left him a birthday cake and a bottle of wine - how nice! The bellboy bringing our luggage wished him a happy birthday. The food was very good and the drinks strong and plentiful. We never waited for service and everyone (and I do mean everyone) was exceptionally nice. We had booked several tours and enjoyed them everyone. The ONLY concern I would note was the small pool area. If you didn't get your towels out by 8 am it was harder to find a place to lie out! We loved this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room. Buildings that face the ocean also face the terrace where all the dinne...
4 Thank marcia0427
villadelpalmar1, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We thank you for your kind comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on your next vacation.

Jorge Herrán

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,400)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

At par or better than PV resort...Room are quite comfortable and clean. Staff amazing. We had a two bedroom with kitchen....A little ant problem when we were there ( lots of ants but the tiny little ones :) ) They did spray one day and it took care of the problem for the remainder of our stay. Keep food closed...The amenities are good , on site store, etc. Fairly close to town, active walk or a cheap cab ride....They have a dinner show one night which is entertaining. The participants give it their all. Beach is nice but if the surf is high you need to get up early to secure a lounge chair on the patio. Also they refuse to put a lounge chair on your balcony if you request it, more than enough room? A few days the sun was nice but more pleasant on balcony. Over 2 weeks mostly positives...

Room Tip: We did swap with Interval Online, they have always been great for us...
Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WorldTravelsTandJ
We would like to thank you for having shared your experience. Your comments assist us in our effort to improve the service provided to our valuable guests. We look forward to welcoming you soon on your next vacations.

Kind Regards,

Orange County
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Located about 7 minutes from the"nightlife" in Cabo, so your a quick cab ride away. Location was great and there are plenty of activities available to choose from as soon as you step out onto the beach. This hotel has a great pizza place right next to the ocean and they also serve up a great Mango Margarita! The adult pool totally blows..you are better off at the main pool with the shamu slide. The adult pool had no music and the pool water felt like it hadn't been cleaned recently. The main pool had music on and off...we kept asking them to turn on the music...who has a pool with no music? Pool side BINGO really got the party started. Service by the pool was a little slow, then again there are lots of people out by the pool too. Of course there is a timeshare pitch... but overall rooms were clean, service staff was friendly and was a great experience!

Room Tip: You HAVE TO HAVE a ocean view when in Cabo!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank NikiMickey
We thank you for your valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you soon on your next vacations.

Cordially,

Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our 2nd stay in 2 years was such fun! The 2 BR, 3 BA was huge, immaculate, offering everything we needed. Grounds were beautiful, well maintained, service was perfect. It was nice that they offered an adult pool, activities with Marya & Papichula (such a flirt!) were terrific. It would be nice if they had outdoor barbeque grills and American networks on TV - ABC, CBS, NBC. Management was great - gave us just the room we wanted. But if you want to buy, buy on the secondary market - eBay, TUG, Redweek. DO NOT overspend and buy from the developer at a presentation. Avoid timeshare sharks! Do use the spa - ask which day they have specials, ike an 80 minute massage for the price of 50 minutes. Enjoy!!

2 Thank CATVAG23
We appreciated the time you took to share your experience with othes. Your comments are highly appreciated as they assist us in our effort to improve our service. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again on your next visit to Cabo.

Kind Regards,

MILPITAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Me and my daughters agree to see Villa del Palmar because my friend is a member here. After visit I was sold. I take baby steps when investing but I could not say no to RICKY LEON who smoothly sold me. The staff was professional and friendly and where down to earth. I can't wait to go back. Hopeful in a month. Oh by the way me and my daughters visited the spa and I rate it 1! The best massage ever in my life.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of Villa Del Palmar, we congratulate you on your purchase. We look forward to welcoming you soon and provide you the excellent service you expect and deserve.

Beaumont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Del Palmar from 9/29 to 10/6. We are owners and this was our first time to Cabo San Lucas and first time at Villa Del Palmar. We purchased our contract from a friend. The staff was very friendly and always had a smile on their face. The bellhops and valets worked hard and we never waited for our car or our luggage for very long. They went out of their way to assist us when needed.
We had a clean well-equipped room with a balcony overlooking the pool and beach. It was a great room with a great view. We had a microwave, cook top, and full size refrigerator. All the utensils were in the room to include a blender. We had a one bedroom with two-bathroom suite that made it nice for getting ready to go out. The room was cleaned daily by the maid who did an excellent job. There was a $3.50 daily charge that showed up on our bill and when I inquired about the charge I was told that was to tip the maid and grounds people. It was an optional charge and I could have it removed if I desired. I left the maid a tip in the room everyday but decided to go ahead and leave the charge, as it was not that much.
The pool area was clean and we never had a hard time finding a chair by the pool. The drink service was good, expensive, but good. We did not do the all inclusive as we planned to eat in Cabo every night so that we can explore the town and the different restaurants. I believe we made a good decision. We did not eat at the hotel at all so cannot comment on the food. The drinks were good though.
The only negatives that I would have is that the desk people are not up to speed on the daily activities. I saw a sign on the bulletin board that they were releasing turtles at 5:30 PM. One desk person told me that it was the day before and another told me it was this evening. I learned that we missed it by a day. Also, they have a musical show every evening and the music is loud in the court yard and pool area. I could hear it in my room on the top floor. It was not that much of an inconvienance because we went out at night. If I was trying to stay in and sleep it could be an issue.
We are already making plans to return to Cabo and would definitely stay at Villa Del Palmar again. We would also like to try Villa Del Arco.

3 Thank gameluver
villadelpalmar1, General Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We thank you for sharing your experience with other and for bringing this valuable information to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Best regards,

Hercules, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just returned from 7 days in Cabo at this resort was great. Even though the sister resort next door "El Arco" is more fancy - Villa Del Palmar has everything "less sterile" The pool has plush chairs, but the pool is extremely quiet. Villa del Palmar's pools are also very nice, but less plush. There were many activities in the lower pool - pool exercise classes, bingo and other games. They also had Spanish language classes and pottery painting for the children.

All in all our resort had everything - the Palmitas food store with many great deals on clothes and other sundries. Villa Del Palmar had the excellent shows onsite. The male and female dancers are terrific. Also, many patrons from El Arco were at our resort because we had everything but the spa. Enough said???

Villa Del Palmar wait staff, bellboys and managers are wonderful. I especially had a great experience with the front lobby staff- in particular, Oscar, who checked me and my sister into a one bed-studio, but happily changed the room to one with two beds. The view on the second room was even better than the first. It was my birthday and they had a wonderful cake in the room when I arrived. The Pool staff - in particular Esther was fantastic. She was also there in 2010, which makes it great to see them again and they recognize you. Please give tips to these workers!!! Believe me - the patrons who tip even a dollar once in a while get "almost free" drinks and tons of extra perks. My absolute favorite worker there was Luis who works as a bellman. Not only was he a Muy Bien person with a huge corazon, he ended up helping me and my family tremendously and gave plenty of hugs to us as well. He got a 10 dollar tip at the end of our trip. Again, please tip your favorite workers.I really do not work here.....LOL

Lastly, be careful of the ocean current. My sister who is in great shape for 65 yrs old was walking with me and a friend on the beach between hotels and just stepped close to the water, when a very strong wave came and knocked her down-backwards, I tried to pull her up 4 times and ended up in with her - smart phone and all. 4 very buff females who were working out on the beach ran to us and pulled us both in. Thank God for them. Very scary indeed. If you want calm waters - check out VDP in Puerto Vallarta.

I hope this review was helpful to you.

Room Tip: If you do not like your room, just ask to see another room that is available
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Reenie60
On behalf of Villa Del Palmar we thank you for your kind comments. However we are sorry to learn of the incident you encountered at the beach area. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on you next visit to Cabo.

Warm regards,