This was our first trip south of the border and we had all the anxieties that go with travelling with a 3 year old and a 8 year old. My personal fear was booking and paying for all inclusive, but then being charged for "other things".
I am happy to say that this was one of the most pleasant vacations we have taken. The hotel is very legitimate and professional. It is a true 4 star (lacks the glitz of a 5 star but is very spacious and clean, just not shiny:) ).
Staff: Almost everyone speaks English.Very courteous and helpful. Each guest is assigned Concierge, who is your guide to everything and knows your plans etc. and guides you to whatever you want done. In our cae, the hotel was almost full, we did not like the room as it was on the ground floor. The concierge (Alexa) got it taken care of. I took a stack of $1 bills and tipped everyone $1-2. Went a very long way.
Room: We had a 1 bedroom suite. It was very spacious. The staff would clean every day and would tailor the cleaning schedule around your schedule.
Food: truly awesome. The all inclusive worked out really really well. If you are not getting all inclusive, food can be pricey. Waiters would go out of their way to ask us if we needed anything. The kids loved the pizza from the brick oven onsite.
Hotel: The fact that there is a supermarket onsite was a big plus for us for things like Milk, toothpaste, cereal etc. Reasonably priced. I had heard some horror stories regarding the final bill with tips being added. We got our bill, and it was $0 since we had paid through Orbitz.
Transportation: The hotel has already negotiated $7 to the city with all cabs. No haggling required. Very very safe and comfortable.
Activities: All activities are done from the beach at the hotel. No need to go anywhere.
Connectivity: Wifi is pricey, $11.00 for 24 hours. Its quite slow but works for email, skype (no video) and basic browsing. Neither ATT nor tmobile phones worked.
Babysitting: in room. $15/ hour provided by hotel. Extra $15 if after 10pm. We used it and it was great. Gave us a chance to go experience the nightlife in cabo
Overall great experience. Will definitely repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas