Well, we arrived in Villa Del Palmar May 23 and were immediately greeted by the infamous time share scene. We had booked a King Room on hotels.com for 83 usd per night which I thought was a steal. Upon check in we were informed there were no rooms with a king left and we could have 2 double beds. I accepted, and got up to the room. We had an absolutely gorgeous view of Sams Club and Walmart across the street. The girlfriend was not to happy ! I went down to the front desk were they offered me to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite for 70USD per night. I accepted and was given a room with beach access on the first floor . The rooms are older the beds are hard but other than that not too bad. The hotel staff at the pool are rather annoying. They are always doing something on the microphone. In order to relax we went and spent time at Villa Del Arco ( MUCH BETTER RESORT , yet more money ) . Pools are nicer, staff seems more professional , etc etc. Desert SPA is incredible. We spent two day at the spa and absolutely loved it. There are many many many beach vendors so get used to it. Time share sales are a joke, everyone knows how to sell a timeshare. This hotel tends to have a wilder crowd ( due to price ) and lots of kids )
DO NOT PLAN ON LATE CHECKOUT , it will cost you 100 USD
Also - for fishing enthusiast. Go negotiate a boat on the dock, you will literally pay half of what you will pay reserving on line. We got a 1800.00 Bertram Yacht for 900 since it wasnt going out the following day.
We also rented a car for 200.00 USD from EUROPCAR at the airport. overall good experience . I negotiated rental rates ( like anywere else in mexico ) and got full insurance coverage , gas , fees, and taxes included in the 200! They want you to take a car!
Also, if you catch a fish , take it to SOLOMONS LANDING on the marina , food is absolutely incredible regardless if they cook yours or you eat theirs!
Overall I give Cabo an A+ . The people , restauraunts , atmosphere, and scenery are all fantastic. If you have a choice , stay at Villa Del Arco, if not use Palmars cheap rates and take the free trolley service over to Arco ( it runs every five minutes ) We did not do all inclusive but looking back we should have ( at least for 3 days )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is a stunning escape for family getaways and romantic couple's retreats. Located on Médano Beach just one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas, the exquisite resort offers the ultimate in lively entertainment, family-friendly amenities, indulgent experiences, and world-class service. Allow the sweeping vistas and gorgeous landscapes to render you speechless as you turn one of the 460 comfortable one, two and three bedroom suites, as well as private studios into your luxurious home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Villa Del Palmar
- Villa Del Palmar Los Cabos
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas