This is my first trip to the Pueblo Bonito Blanco and my second trip to Cabo. We wanted to stay on the beach near downtown Cabo because our last vacation in Cabo we spent about $800 in taxis fees getting into and out of downtown Cabo.
From a location point of view this hotel is about perfect. We chose this hotel over the Pueblo Bonito Rose’ because the rooms have unobstructed views of the bay and the Sea of Cortez’. Our hotel room was great from that perspective too. The pool is very nice. The food is average. The room itself is average and nearing the point of an update but the rooms are kept immaculate. The hotel itself is noisy because all the floors in all the rooms are tile. We could hear the people in the room above us walking with shoes on. The bedroom is right off the exterior hallway and we woke up more than once to people talking and horsing around because the hallways are like echo chambers. The bathrooms are very small. One bathroom lavatory basin per room which extended our time getting dressed to go out. The water pressure at Blanco was excellent, which wasn’t the case at the Fiesta Americana last year during our first visit to Cabo. We had to be cautious when showering at Blanco. The hot water can come out rusty for about 30 seconds after you get the water temp adjusted. This also happened in the lavatory basin.
We also had a problem at night. It did get cold a few nights and our heating system did not work. It got pretty chilly and we had to put on T shirts before we bundled up under the covers. The A/C worked fine during the day. While chilly is unusual in Cabo, a little heat would have been nice at night.
The complaints generally are things you don’t run across at nice hotels. As a businessman, I need Internet access in my room. This is not available at Pueblo Bonito Blanco. The Internet is only available at the pool and I had a terrible time getting on and/or staying online even at the pool. The people at the hotel said they needed to reboot the router. Most of the time that didn’t work either. I ended up going over to the Pueblo Bonito Rose’ deli to access their wifi a few times because I couldn’t connect to the WIFI system at the Blanco pool. We saw a lot of people complaining about the lack of an Internet connection and the front desk was not being truthful. They were telling people to reboot in 10 minutes. This Internet problem really caused us a problem that Pueblo Bonito Blanco refused to address or fix.
The hotel brochure says they serve breakfast until noon. On New Year’s Day my wife and I went downstairs for breakfast at about 11:40AM. We were told we could no longer order breakfast. Neither of us were very happy. I think the next time we will give the Pueblo Bonito Rose’ a try. The hotel is adjacent to the Pueblo Bonito Blanco. It is newer than Blanco and we think it is a slightly more upscale hotel for the money. The only thing we won’t get at Rose’ is the view. The hotels in Cabo are expensive in general and from Christmas to New Years all the hotels are really expensive. The Pueblo Bonito Blanco isn't a bad hotel, it just isn't a great hotel and it could be great with a little tweeking here and there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Cabo San Lucas at the tip of the Baja called Land’s End lies the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, a luxury beachfront hotel surrounded by the magnificent desert, abundant sea life, inspiring coastline and many activities that Los Cabos has to offer. This casual Los Cabos resort offers the perfect combination of excitement and solitude. Situated on the clean golden sands of El Médano beach close to a multitude of water sports, Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos offers pampering service and fine accommodations. Now offers a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all resort restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister property Pueblo Bonito Rosé Resort and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Blanco Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas