“Great Honeymoon destination (for older newlyweds)”

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon (eight nights); this was our first trip to Cabo. We stayed here on the recommendation of a friend and were very pleased with pretty much everything. The staff was very attentive and everywhere, but never felt obtrusive. pros: amenities, grounds/landscaping, pool, staff, location. cons: no queen/king beds (doubles only), pool lounge situation (people must have woken at 6:00 a.m. to claim multiple chairs with towel claims). Beware of the time share staff -- we were approached several times (close to a dozen) during our stay, even after we gave a firm 'not interested, thank you!' to the same person on different days! My husband has a very loud voice and can be intimidating, and this still didn't stop them. Other than that (and the two minor cons), we had a very relaxing and pleasant stay. Not the typical spring break destination, which was a plus for us.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 11, 2009

This place is kind of a scam- they offer you these coupons for sitting through a timeshare presentation, but beware, you can't apply them to room service, water bottles, and a myriad of other things. When we got the final bill, they nickled and dimed us to death.

The workers seem to be intent on extracting as much money from "rich american tourists" as possible. The hotel itself is extremely mediocre, with terrible bedding and furniture, a tiny little hole in the wall gym, and average to below average food.

PLEASE do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay here. There are tons of other nice resorts in Cabo where customer service and everything else is much, much better.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank world_traveler2155
Reviewed April 11, 2009

The hotel does not know the meaning of customer service: My way or high way. They haveantiquaed rules. There were errors in restaurant bills and otehr hotel charges. We complained and these were not taken care of.

They treat nonwhites as dishonest people.

I will never recomemnd anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank johngupta
Reviewed April 7, 2009

The Pueblo Bonito Blanco in Cabo San Lucas is definitley a hidden gem. The hotel is beautiful, the grounds impeccable and the staff attentive. There was not a moment that my needs were not met. My children had an incredible time and enjoyed every minute of their two week stay. The staff are truly amazing and go far and beyond their call of duty. We loved it so much, we bought a timeshare and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank gigishops
Reviewed March 30, 2009

My first trip to Cabo was before there was an airport, so believe me when I say I have seen it grow and change. I have stayed an probably 20 hotels over the years, each has it's own level of service and beauty. This was my first experience with Pueblo Bontio Cabo Blanco, and it certainly won't be my last. I spent two days here on my own, then my 2 daughters joined my for the weekend. The room was immaculate, it even smelled clean, and fresh towels were brought in each night. The little kitchenette was just the right size for us, breakfasts on the deck, lunch at the pool or beach, dinners a short walk down the beach or at the hotel.
Now, this is not your uber-luxury resort with hunks and palm boughs fanning you at the pool. It is a clean, well located, service oriented place that employees go out of their way to insure you're having a good vacation. J.J., the activities coordinator kept us busy with pool games, aqua-aerobics, poker and bingo. Alfredo kept our glasses full at the beach, and rightly suggested the shrimp tacos as the best on Medano Beach. The teens loved the flamingos, nesting birds, turtles and koi. The architecture is said to be Greek, but it felt more like Old Mexico than any other place I've stayed in Cabo. If you love glitzy high rises, it is not for you. But if you want the a very private deck, the sound of waves lapping on the shore, and to be awakened by birds not an alarm clock, then this place is for you. I loved getting up, making coffee and reading in the sun on my deck. Then in the afternoon, the shade on the deck was perfect for a cool drink. We hardly left the property during our too-short visit. The $6 taxi to town was used only once to forage for groceries at Supermercado. We walked to The Office for dinner in the sand one night, and ate at Cilantro's another. Room service was 30 minutes, my daughter loved her pizza, my grilled fish was perfect. If I had to complain about anything, the toilet ran unless you jiggled the handle, but once reported it was fixed in minutes.
Yes, there was a great offer to attend the timeshare presentation, but once I said no, I was never bothered again. That seems to be a recurring theme in Cabo, but if you are firm they will leave you alone. I always say "I don't want to waste your time or mine." They get it.
It was a very relaxing 3 days, I will definitely return to Pueblo Bonito Cabo Blanco again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank MONichols
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco for 4 nights with 3 girlfriends (ages 39-40) in March 2009. We stayed in a luxury suite which has a kitchenette/living room which was nice with 4 of us. It was one of the best vacations ever! The room was very comfortable and clean as was the entire hotel. It was good we only had 4 people though because although it indicates it sleeps 6, the fold out couch is in no way conducive to sleeping. We didn’t make it to the Rose at all even though it’s right next door. Nor did we check out the workout facility at Blanco. The Medano beach location is perfect as it is very close to the Mango Deck, The Office and The Medano and a close walk or cab ride to downtown. We only had one person ask us if we were interested in the timeshare presentation and we simply said no and they never bothered us again. Our room was on the ground floor right by the flamingos. Their honking didn’t bother us at all as the bedroom was on the back side of the building and if you had the patio door shut you couldn’t hear them. We found them endearing! We ate breakfast and lunch there almost every day and hung out at the pool all day long. Prices were very reasonable and the waiters were fabulous, especially poolside. At night we walked down the beach to the bars that were close by or took a taxi into downtown. Cabo Wabo is a must. So is dinner at Mi Casa. We have no complaints and can’t wait to come back and stay at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank sarabellum87
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I stayed in a 1 bed/1 bath unit. It was comfortable, although the bedroom was fairly tight to get around. I've always stayed at PB Sunset Beach and The Blanco does not have the luxury of Sunset Beach, but is on the swimming beach and much more centrally located, within walking distance of downtown, glass bottom boats, marina, mall, etc. I rented from a timeshare owner through Redweek.com and got a rate that was far less than rack rate. I'm not sure this resort is worth the rack rate, but it was definitely worth the $1100 we paid for the week. We suffered through the timeshare presentation at Sunset Beach to get free food/drink and discounted spa certificates, so that really brought our costs down (I was there with a single friend and they offered us a total of $200 in food/drink vouchers, so we walked away and were chased down a few minutes later with an offer of $340). The unit was on the Rose' side and it was very loud a few nights, because of music playing at the Rose' outdoor bar and, one night, a live auction and live music that went on until after midnight. If you need quiet, request a room elsewhere in the building. The pool food was great and the breakfast buffet was pretty good. We didn't eat any other meals at the resort, preferring to go into town or the marina. We had dinner at Fellini's at the Rose' our last night and it was mediocre. The exercise room at The Blanco is a joke, but you can use the facilities at the Rose' and they're pretty decent.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends