“relaxing trip to Cabo”

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed June 4, 2014

For the money this was an excellent place to stay. Go with the all-inclusive if you plan on drinking and eating at the hotel, or it could get very expensive. We ate away from the hotel twice for dinner and twice for lunch on our 9 day trip and it was still cheaper purchasing the all-inclusive than previous trips to Cabo.
Hotel food was decent but if we were not all-inclusive we would have eaten elsewhere for the money.
Look for Hugo around the pool for service and sit where he is serving drinks and food. He is the best we found for friendliness and quick service. Tip on top of your all-inclusive and you will find the service much better during your stay.
We loved the location because it is close enough to other restaurants, the marina and town that you can walk anywhere.
The gym at the Rose hotel next door was great and part of the all-inclusive.
We will definitely go back because of the location, price and cleanliness of this property.

Room Tip: ask for the 4th or 5th floors all have an ocean view and balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig H
There are newer reviews for Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I just recently got home from a 10 day stay here with 13 of my friends and family for my 30th bday. I couldn't have asked for a better property to stay. Right on the Sea of Cortez safe swim beach, and access to two great pools. (Sister hotel Rose and Los Cabos.) Walking distance to downtown Cabo, and only a 2 dollar per person ride (or flat 8) in the taxi. Walk to the other bars/restaurants on the beach. The staff was beyond accommodating for our large group, and we had amazing help from everyone we encountered. My most favorite employee, Dago, was one of a kind! (Knowing this is a time share and they can be very pushy, I was beyond surprised of the caring and non pushy tactics, not only from him, but everyone.) From the day we got there, he helped us and checked in on us daily while we were out at the pool or beach. He set up my dream 30th bday party dinner...a private party for me on the beach with amazing service and food from the Chef Gilberto and Manager Victor. He even surprised me with an amazing cake to share with everyone and sang to me. We had a great time participating in the daily activities available. The room was at max capacity of 6 of us, but still was just perfect. The only recommendation for the hotel, besides not being torn down, is I suggest is better fold out couch/bed. Not too fun for two to sleep on...but we made it, and the great housekeeping staff fixed it up for us as needed, and kept the room immaculate! I could probably go on and on about this, but I just have to say again...amazing stay at an amazing property. My mom...who already owns timeshare...even bought!! (If you knew her, you'd know that this says a tremendous amount of this place, staff, and management.) (Shuttle to Sister hotel Sunset is a must...along with the visit to the sky pool.) I can't wait to go back!! MUST GO!

Room Tip: View from the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms on the sides seemed to be the best. Other than that, we had 4...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lefox05
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Pueblo Bonito Blanco is a good place to stay but not the best place to stay in Cabo. The Staff is great, especially Hugo on the Beach, that guy is GREAT. He is friendly and will get you anything you ask. Thumbs up Hugo. The hotel is located close to the marina and is on the only swimable beach in Cabo. However the waves and under tow are still strong. The main problem is the food. They really need to work on the food offerings for their guest. The breakfast buffet is SAD! The management should really work on this. We will stay somewhere else when we go back to Cabo.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank KENEDIEGEORGIA
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We read the reviews here before booking. I want to say that my biggest pet peeves when traveling is getting a good sleep (bedding, pillows and noise level), having customer care from the employees and feeling like I got a good value. We stayed at the Riu and Riu Palace last year and the noise at night was deafening and the complaints fell on deaf ears. We will not go back there. Here, at Blanco, the walls are constructed like concrete barriers. We never heard anyone at night while in our bed. The beds and pillows were so comfortable, I slept like a baby which I never do on vacation.

SERVICE: I have to say that the defining moments were Hugo at the pool, Yair and Luis at the front desk. With Hugo, always a smiling face and good morning as well as the best pool service bar none. He was always there and we adored seeing him every day. Even though tips are included with our all inclusive package (more on that later), we tipped Hugo. This is a very smart young man as he seems to love his job and his goal is to ensure your satisfaction. He made our days wonderful with service every time we wanted it.

Yair is amazing. He was always ready to help with anything and gave 100% satisfaction. I think he is a prize employee and acts like he has an equity stake in the hotel with the customer service he gave. I hope the management takes note. Luis was wonderful as well and these gentlemen helped this vacation to be one of our best.

ALL INCLUSIVE: They were running a promo. On the phone, they only tell you about some of the deals and make you think if you don't book it ahead, you will pay more. First, not true. Second, they were running a promo that was buy 3 days, get a 4th free. They will also give you a daily discount if you ask nicely. It still wasn't worth it unless you ate and drank like crazy and even though our 19 year old daughter loved that, we did not feel it was worth it. I would have rather gone out of the hotel and done my own thing since the food got really boring.

FOOD: The best food we had there were at two places. First is the 1 & Only Taco stand down the street from the hotel where we had the best beer battered fish tacos ever!! It was like $1 or $1.50 for a taco and for $6-10 you will fill up 3 people. Beers are next door. The owner of the taco stand was a sweetheart. He works very hard and deserves to get a lot of business for his food and charm along with his stand out prices. WE WILL BE BACK!

The second place was Maros Seafood. OMG!! For $16.99 you get the best shrimp and lobster tail ever. I ordered the steak, lobster tail and shrimp. Sorry I did because the steak was awful and tough but the other two were off the charts. Next time, I will order the shrimp and lobster tail alone which is the same price but more of those. Very fun atmosphere too. A cab from Blanco was $8 each way.

We walked to City Club which is nearby to get water and other things we wanted in the room. Kind of like a Costco but smaller and a bit more limited.

ROOMS: Every room has an ocean view!

CANNOT WAIT TO GO BACK!!! This place is definitely old and shows sign of age. Yes, it is smaller than other hotels, yes there is not as much activity there as others (including the Rose), yes there are other more beautiful entries and rooms in Cabo but here, there is a charm and the walls are like fortresses which I appreciate. I appreciated the quiet time during the day. It was not a bunch of drunk spring break types here but if you get bored and want that, walk a few feet down the beach to the Mango Room or Office. You will love coming back to the Blanco! The place is kept spotless and you don't need to walk for 15 minutes each way to get from the pool to your room. BTW, the maids make a beautify design with the towels each day. Tip them if you enjoy how clean you room is each day.

Great vacation and I am happy to say we cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank laurence3
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Awesome place! Been coming here for several years and bought a condo 3 yrs ago. Property is immaculate and staff is always excellent. Ozcar the door man remembered me from previous trips and he's always great. Upon check-in I wasn't happy with the view from my balcony (never happened before) so Yair from the front desk moved us to an amazing room and was extremely nice about it! I was glad to see that they have upgraded the rooms with nice flat screen TVs and better lighting.

We had the all-inclusive plan and it is pricey but very worth it! However, I wish there was more diversity in the food such as a salad bar. The shrimp ceviche is amazing.

The one negative I must mention was that the service was extremely slow for pool (drink/food) service. The waiters work very hard but seem overwhelmed, understaffed. They also seem to move much slower when you're wearing all-inclusive wrist bands. The restaurant service was also very slow and sometimes you didn't even know if you had a waiter for 15-20 minutes. The service has never been near this slow in all the times I've come here. They need to hire more people.

Overall, its a great laid back place with good food and drinks! And the location can't be beat!! Also the Michael Jackson tribute was awesome!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Will80210
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am not Donna Schumacher, I am the Blessed lady (Shirley Souza) that got to go on this vacation because of her.
Donna is my boss, and this trip was a gift from her, to celebrate my one year anniversary of working for her. What a Great gift!!!!!!!
I can not begin to tell everyone what a Wonderful experience this was for me. A dream come true. Also my first trip to another country. I had the time of my life!!!!!!!!! So much to do, so much to see, so much to learn, so much to enjoy. I could go on and on all day and night. I am actually planning to write a book about this experience. While I encountered many many employees during my stay, every single one of them were Awesome!!!!! I have so much admiration for the work values of these people, I have to single out two of them, Rodrigo and Linda are part of the activity team and they both ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! I will miss them dearly.
Bonus part for me, I have loved flamingos my whole life, and there are three of them that live on the grounds of the resort!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms as far as I'm concerned, but if you want a quiet area, don't book a r...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shirley J
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is my second year in a row that I stayed at the Blanco. This time I brought my two teenage boys along. We bought the All Inclusive package for all of us and it was well worth it. The hotel was very clean, our room was cleaned beautifully every day. The food was excellent. The service around the pool was a little lacking, but that is the only down side to the whole trip. The staff is so nice. The grounds are beautiful. We did wander over to the Rose for a few dinners and entertainment, but the Rose is included in the All Inclusive package. Our most favorite waiter was over at the Rose, his name is Pedro. He remembered our names, greeted us with a huge smile, went out of his way to make sure our dining experience was perfect. We also loved Alexander from the water activities. He arranged everything for us, wave runners, paddle boards, and our fishing trip. Even on his day off, he had everything prepared for us ahead of time and there was no problems. It was an amazing stay and I can't wait to come back. Thank you to all the staff at the Blanco & The Rose for being so fantastic!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family