“Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos - not worth the money!”

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
LA
“Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos – not worth the money!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

To start off, my husband and I stayed at PB Rose for our honeymoon a year ago. It wasn't our first choice, but our planned trip to Domincan Republic got canceled due to a hurricane, so we had booked Cabo last minute. We didn't like it last year-mediocre food at best, not great service, a little boring and not really worth the price. Just our luck: our close friends plan their wedding at PB Blanco (next door to PB Rose) exactly a year later and we couldn't really say "no." We were hoping that our bad experience at Rose was due to the fact that we were disappointed that original Honeymoon plans fell through… we were wrong. 2nd time around was worse!

FOOD:
The food was TERRIBLE in every sense of the word! Bad quality, no flavor (unless you consider "way too salty" a flavor), under- or overcooked, never hot, no variety and, overall, just gross. They even messed up Mexican food… bland Tortilla Soup, dry and flavorless Veracruz fish (as was the case with all their fish), nasty ceviche, etc. On a side note, the day after eating at their Mexican Seafood buffet, I had excruciating sharp pains in my stomach and spent half the day hovering around a bathroom. Oh, and the desserts all taste like they were frozen for a decade and then just said in a fridge to defrost before being served (kind of had that freezer-burn, semi-soggy taste). I will give them props on drinks – my husband loved the Pina Coladas and I was happy with my Margaritas.

SERVICE: Service is plain bad - staff is not attentive (I always had to ask 3 times for drink refills, ordering food at the restaurants, or any special requests); every time I asked for anything, I felt like I was bothering them and that they were doing me a favor; don’t do anything special for birthdays, anniversaries, etc; there’s not consistency in rules/ practices/ processes (Ex: one person said the day spa facilities were part of All-Inclusive, while another said no. One person said there’s no fee for room service, while another said yes. Restaurant times are different on different informational brochures/ printouts.).

ACTIVITIES:
There’s really nothing to do at the resort. There are about 5-6 dinky activities planned each day-some sort of poker, water aerobics, stretching, some art activity and maybe something else depending on the day-but there’s no guarantee that they’ll start at the time listed or that they’ll even happen at all, so you can’t plan on those. One of the days, it rained, and they didn’t even try to set up anything for guests to keep them occupied.

Needless to say, I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere! If you absolutely have to book at PB (any of them), say it's a special occasion...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Natanya W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were at Blanco Dec 3-10, this was our second trip this year to Cabo San Lucas and the first time for us exchanging through RCI so I wasn't sure what to expect. Check in was a breeze and smooth and we were on our way to our room within 20 minutes.
The room was nice but a bit out dated in comparison to other resorts that we have been to over the past couple of years. We had requested a room with a full view of the ocean and beach and was assured that our room (one bedroom suite) would have full view. We got 529 and stuck in the corner, so if your planning to go, try get a room in the low numbers, 01-15, that way you'll get a good view of the Marina and Lands End.
The time share lady was overly aggressive and although we politely told her we weren't interested she followed us around for first three days, I know she has a job to do, but it did get to be annoying and to the point were we tried to stay away from the lobby.
With only two restaurants at the resort, there is not much to choose from and after the third day found ourselves going into Cabo to eat. We did pay the full price for the seven day all inclusive, but if we were to go back, I think I would only take the three day package. Oh yeah, keep in mind that ordering room service is not included in your all inclusive. Most other places include room service, but Blanco doesn't....so read the fine print of your all inclusive deal or you'll end up with a hefty room service bill upon checkout. Luckily for us, a couple that we spoke to warned us to stay away from room service as the prices and services charges are considerable.

If you are looking for a quiet place just to go to and relax, then this is the place for you. It's quiet, the beach and Marina are within walking distance and the resort pretty much shuts down at 11:00 p.m.

Room Tip: Anything in the low numbers, i.e. 501-515 and you'll get good views of the Marina and Lands End.
Lancaster, California
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have owned at PB Los Cabos (BLANCO as we know it) for years, and have declined offers to trade up to more popular PB Resorts each time we take the Time Share Tours. BLANCO offers something that none of the other Resorts offer as great as they are, a friendly - personable staff, that remembers your name each and every year you come down. Although we have one of the best suites in the resort, we have spent additional weeks in other suites at Blanco and they all offer a fantastic view of the sunrises over the Sea of Cortez and Lands End. If you are a love to party you can roam MEDINO Beach and visit all the hot party spots up and down the beach. Medino Beach is also one of few beachs that you can safely enter the water to swim, as the Pacific Side of Cabo where some of the other resorts are do not have safe swim beaches.

Room Tip: They are all excellant view, but some like our Suite 202 is one of the best.
1 Thank inspectrdad
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have been coming here for many years. The location can't be beat, but the hotel rooms are a little tired. It's been a LONG time since things have been upgraded. Old 80 lb televisions, and older appliances in the kitchenettes. Views, food, and atmosphere can't be beat though.

We had a lot of Mosquitos in our room this year. Notified the staff twice and they DID respond quickly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VillaCandiMatahari
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have been to Cabo many times but this was our first stay at this resort. Everything was great. They upgraded us to a full suite which was huge. The beds are very comfortable and the room was quiet. The grounds are beautiful and very carefully tended. Lots of chairs and no need to shark for a seat. Cilantros restaurant is very nice and a nice place to have lunch or dinner. There are fours hotels in this group. In addition to the Rose next door you also have access to the Pacifica and the Sunset Beach on the Pacific side. We went to the Pacifica one day, which is beautiful then to the Sunset Beach sky pool. Very impressive. The hotel is right on the beach and the water was warm even in December. It is also very safe for swimming. Compared to other hotels we have stayed at the cost here is very reasonable.

Room Tip: Try the front by the water. Flamingos farther back are pretty but a bit noisy.
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I know this is one of the oldest places in Cabo, but we really enjoyed it. Our room ("Luxury") was too small for our family of two adults, two teens, but other than that the place was perfect. We had a lot of fun with the staff (especially Donnie!), the activities, the pool and the OCEAN that was so fun to bob around in! Great food at Cilantro's Restaurant. Great margaritas. Lots to do but easy to relax. Pleasant people come here, too.

Room Tip: "Luxury" suite meant two double beds in one room. Not very romantic for we parents! I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed December 3, 2012

As an previous Guest at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos I knew my vacation was going to be enjoyable and relaxing due to the great resort ambiance, fabulous accommodations, and superb staff service and delightful food and beverage options.

This time I decided to opt. for the "All Inclusive" because I really just wanted to lay back and stay at the resort. Wow...what a wonderful experience. With all the options available for dining I found that I never became bored with the selections. I roamed between the two resorts (Rose and Los Cabos) and discovered each had their own twist on the menus. I particularly enjoyed the Sushi Bar in the late afternoon where Francisco provided the most incredible service always with a smile, Martin the bartender would wave to me and my favorite drink was on the way before I could wave back. The Sushi Menu offered a wide variety of fresh items, excellent presentation and delicious.

I know all the "long time” waiters and bartenders and found that they rotated between the two resorts restaurants so it was a little game to me to hunt them out. Luis, Elias, Antonio, Raul, Juan, Vincent, and so many more~ Your service is superb!

Sunrise is a time for me to meditate and really relax. I love the quiet time where as you can stroll through the resort taking early morning photos. The service staff is about busy grooming the pool and grounds to make sure everything is perfect at the resort. With a cup of hot coffee in hand from Paloma’s Restaurant, I sat on the beach and watched another beautiful day begin with "Sunrise in Cabo”.

Room Tip: All room are excellent and offer Ocean Views, a few on the first floor may be the Garden View.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo