WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice but a little tired.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have been coming here for many years. The location can't be beat, but the hotel rooms are a little tired. It's been a LONG time since things have been upgraded. Old 80 lb televisions, and older appliances in the kitchenettes. Views, food, and atmosphere can't be beat though.

We had a lot of Mosquitos in our room this year. Notified the staff twice and they DID respond quickly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have been to Cabo many times but this was our first stay at this resort. Everything was great. They upgraded us to a full suite which was huge. The beds are very comfortable and the room was quiet. The grounds are beautiful and very carefully tended. Lots of chairs and no need to shark for a seat. Cilantros restaurant is very nice and a nice place to have lunch or dinner. There are fours hotels in this group. In addition to the Rose next door you also have access to the Pacifica and the Sunset Beach on the Pacific side. We went to the Pacifica one day, which is beautiful then to the Sunset Beach sky pool. Very impressive. The hotel is right on the beach and the water was warm even in December. It is also very safe for swimming. Compared to other hotels we have stayed at the cost here is very reasonable.

Room Tip: Try the front by the water. Flamingos farther back are pretty but a bit noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wenatchee, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I know this is one of the oldest places in Cabo, but we really enjoyed it. Our room ("Luxury") was too small for our family of two adults, two teens, but other than that the place was perfect. We had a lot of fun with the staff (especially Donnie!), the activities, the pool and the OCEAN that was so fun to bob around in! Great food at Cilantro's Restaurant. Great margaritas. Lots to do but easy to relax. Pleasant people come here, too.

Room Tip: "Luxury" suite meant two double beds in one room. Not very romantic for we parents! I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

As an previous Guest at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos I knew my vacation was going to be enjoyable and relaxing due to the great resort ambiance, fabulous accommodations, and superb staff service and delightful food and beverage options.

This time I decided to opt. for the "All Inclusive" because I really just wanted to lay back and stay at the resort. Wow...what a wonderful experience. With all the options available for dining I found that I never became bored with the selections. I roamed between the two resorts (Rose and Los Cabos) and discovered each had their own twist on the menus. I particularly enjoyed the Sushi Bar in the late afternoon where Francisco provided the most incredible service always with a smile, Martin the bartender would wave to me and my favorite drink was on the way before I could wave back. The Sushi Menu offered a wide variety of fresh items, excellent presentation and delicious.

I know all the "long time” waiters and bartenders and found that they rotated between the two resorts restaurants so it was a little game to me to hunt them out. Luis, Elias, Antonio, Raul, Juan, Vincent, and so many more~ Your service is superb!

Sunrise is a time for me to meditate and really relax. I love the quiet time where as you can stroll through the resort taking early morning photos. The service staff is about busy grooming the pool and grounds to make sure everything is perfect at the resort. With a cup of hot coffee in hand from Paloma’s Restaurant, I sat on the beach and watched another beautiful day begin with "Sunrise in Cabo”.

Room Tip: All room are excellent and offer Ocean Views, a few on the first floor may be the Garden View.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cabo4me2
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice hotel, great location and very friendly staff. Very accomodating when asked to help celebrate a special event while down with family. On the other hand, VERY over-priced in the restaurant and bar. Very.

Room Tip: All are pretty much decent..........the higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank dtprice
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was the 4th year My husband and I traveled to Cabo San Lucas for Thanksgiving. I chose the Pueblo Bonito because of its location on Medano Beach. I was tired of looking at the ocean and not being able to play in the waves because the surf was so rough. Medano beach did not disappoint. The water was a blast! I also felt so isolated at other hotels where getting into town was an expensive chore. We are not young people. I'm 56 and my husband is 60 and we loved the action around the hotel and along the beach. Great music and restaurants. When we were tired we went to bed and all was quiet. We went to two buffets that were also parties and for the price it was great. You don't often get dinner, dancing and a show for under $100.00 for two people.
The front desk was great. A special thanks to Yair for taking extra good care of us. He went out of his way to make me happy. Every single person who works there was fabulous. Juanita cleaned our room beautifully everyday with special touches to the Kleenex and restroom tissue that made me smile. I loved this hotel! The action was great but could totally chill when I wanted to. A perfect combination and a lovely vacation. I have one complaint brought to my attention by my husband. And that complaint is............They really need to get new TV's!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank icantbarrett
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I Just returned from a week at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco with a friend. We had a wonderful time. The room was lovely and more than adequate for our needs. We spent a lot of time at the beach and swimming in the ocean. I would recommend the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos.....great location, short cab ride to the Wal Mart for groceries, wine, etc, walking distance to town and to many nice restaurants. I would definitely return. The only drawback is the number of vendors on the beach.....we try to ignore them, but the constant harassment becomes very tiresome. We were only asked once about taking a Time Share presentation and when we said no, were not bothered again (except for in Cabo town).
Recommend: Try LaRicazon, a Mexican Restaurant just down the street (towards town). Very clean, great tacos, quesadillas, guacamole and more. We enjoyed it so much we went back a second time.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends