“The Exact Vacation That We were Looking FOr!!”

Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 Stars was because of the TimeShare Predators. After we checked in, the timeshare representative would not let us leave to go to our room. We decided to sit and listen. After we told her we were not interested (no matter how much free and discount activities she was trying to give us) she told us she will not get her commission if we do not attend the presentation. Unfortuantly, I really did not care about her commission.

As far as the hotel is concered, it was beuatiful, quiet, relaxing adn the customer service was superb. The room on our first night had a glimse of the ocean but a beautiful look at the pool. However, the air coniditioning wasn't working. The Maintenece guys were very nive and friendly and thought that it was fixed, but it wasn't.I went to the front desk the next morning and asked if there was any possibility of moving. With no questions asks, the young lady at the front desk upgraded us to an oceanfront room! I was not expecting an upgrade, there was just no way that I was going to be able to last 5 more days without a functional air conditioning.

The service and food at Cilantro was the absolute best! We opted for a packaged deal with airline,flight, hotel and all-incusive. For the type of vacation that we wanted, this was absolutly perfect!! The all-inclsuve included the 2 resturants at the Blanco and the 3 resturants at the Rose. Speaking of the rose, THere Customer service was no where near the customer service at the Blanco. The serverice at the resturants were very slow and had bad attitudes. The Italian Resturant was absoutly horenduse. I ordered a pasta dish and the pasta was undercooked.

My husband equated the Blanco and Rose to Eden East and Eden West from the ovies COuples Retreat. The Blanco is very laid back, quiet and not a lot of commotion. Really geared towards the older crown and families. The Rose is geared towards the younger crowd.

If you are looking for a very laid back property with great cutomer service, the Blanco is for you. Just beware of the timeshare predators who will not leave you alone until you give them attitude. The vendors on the beach are very respectful of the space. There is a rope the lines the end of the properties and these vendors are not permitted to cross that rope. I did not find them bothersome at all.

Finally, in y opinion, the rooms are not really outdated, the just really have that mediteranian feel. It was spacious enough for my husband and I. They do not have any King Beds on property, so housekeeping graciously pushed the two Double Beds together to create one huge gigantic oversized king bed.

We will definitly return to this property but will but an end to the timeshare snakes at the beginning of the stay to not be harrassed. Also, I would higly suggest to arrange for transportation prior to arriving in Cabo (If you are not renting a car). Taxi's ae not reliable and the timeshare wolves will stop you as soon as you leave baggage claim. If you are not interested in the timeshares, totally ignore them and head straight to people who you have arranged your transportaion with. Make sure you find prior to your arrival how you will be able to identify your transportion.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I'll start by saying this is not the worst hotel ever. I've stayed in worse, but I was not.thrilled about this hotel. We stayed in Cabo once before at Fiesta Americana which was so great but we wanted to try being close to town so we went for Pueblo Bonito. First, every chance they get they try to shove their timeshare offers at you. Even at breakfast we would see hotel reps harassing people at their table about going to The Sunset hotel and taking 'the tour'. That drove me crazy. Secondly they have probably the worst wait staff I've ever seen anywhere. It was so slow and our orders were always, I mean literally always wrong. We once waited 45.min for chips and salsa- just ridiculous. Also theres a lady to like to harass you into playing games in the pool or doing resort activities- if I would have known that is what kind of.place this was I wouldn't have stayed here. I felt like whenever we were trying to relax the hotel was harassing us but when we needed their help they were nowhere to be found. Room was ok, definitly outdated and bad bathroom.
I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank KarinaMurtagh
GMRose, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2011

Feedback is always very much appreciated. Our Food and Beverages Staff works very hard to render an excellent service, with friendliness and efficiency. We will reinforce our internal procedures to make it more expedite and efficient. Recreational Department is always trying to entertain our guests and they personally invite them to be part of every activity organized around the pool or the beach. We are sorry that this reviewer felt certain harassment from this person, as the only intention of the activities staff is to invite and entertain our guests during their stay in our installations.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I went to Cabo on a moments notice for some R&R. I decided to book at this hotel because of its location. I have to say that the hotel is located perfectly on Medano Beach about 1 mile from downtown. As far as the service goes, do not expect the staff to speak English! Some of the staff do not speak a single word of it. Fortunately I can get by with my Spanish skills. The air conditioning in the room was blowing air but it was barely cooling off the room. It was to hot to sleep at night sometimes! I asked for a fan and was told they would try and get one, but after 6 hours of waiting someone finally admitted they had no fans for guest rooms! Beds are comfortable though and housekeeping was great.
They tried to say check-out was at 10:30 am and if I wanted to stay until 12:00 noon that I would be charged an additional $135! What nonsense. But I have to say that the employees do try their best with what they have to make you happy.

Room Tip: WiFi is available on the east side of the hotel - from the rose! Try and get at least third floor i...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Singleandlooking
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The location is wonderful but be sure to use the safe. Our stay was very nice but my daughter and spouse found that they had their wallets robbed in the room during our stay. They were lax and left their wallets setting on the counter for the week. The wallets never left the room and we always locked the door but someone had a key, entered the room and took my daughters first pay check. It was a sad learning and bad climax to a good week. Nice place but don't be trusting of your security.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Obtorg
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We were just there and had a wonderful time, the staff was so attentive and helpful throughout our visit. The rooms are nice and clean, and meals were a little repetitive but they had dishes not on the menu to select from-just ask. From this stand point it was like cruising! The weather here was phenomenal the beach and pool areas were beautiful! The land sharks-the "vendors" weren't too bad, and keep their distance. Silver prices were okay, but blankets were too expensive, Cancun you can get better deals. Overall we loved our experience and would come bakc here and to Los Cabos, we did buy another time share, crazy us! Enjoy your time!

Room Tip: Get fresh towels everyday the resort has these tiny bugs that stay in the bathroom I believe due to...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We spent just 2 nights in Cabo San Lucas before heading to more remote parts of Baja. We loved this hotel so much we wanted to spend our entire week there. It was the perfect location, room was awesome (1 bedroom unit) & very affodable, clean, staff friendly and responsive, food in restaurants was great and affordable (try the pizza poolside!), overall this hotel was very comfortable & relaxing. This is the first time I have ever been tempted to buy a time share! Of course, a time share presentation was offered but our decline of it was accepted graciously. Had we stayed longer, I loved it so much, I may have bought into it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Kudos to front desk staff--especially Teresa Ruelas. She is very professional, polite and friendly. We had lovely room for our first visit--great view of beach, pool and city. The best restaurants are Cilantro and the Champagne Sunday Brunch at Rose. Don't waste your time or money at Fellini's--over priced and terrible service. Las Palomas food was good but very sloooow service. We puchased at Sunset Beach which is a fabulous property. Can't wait to see it when is finally built out.

Room Tip: Top floors (4 and 5) corner suites closest to the beach (i.e. 503). I've always found that poli...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple