“Bucket list fulfilled” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marlin Alley

Marlin Alley
Ranked #62 of 104 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: A deep-sea diving site full of billfish.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bucket list fulfilled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were hanging out at the Cabo marina and had heard several sales pitches for marlin fishing boats, and chose a small business with a big boat. Nothing fancy, but they really knew what they were doing. We went out at the crack of dawn and the deck hand set everything up. I was ready to give up after a couple of hours when they started biting like crazy. We had two on lines at once with my husband and I reeling in like crazy. Wasn't sure who would tired out first: the fish or us. Boy was that hard work! They fought and jumped into the air just like you see on sport fishing programs. After fighting them for about 45 minutes, we got them in. Mine was about 150 pounds and my husband's was about 130. The bigger one was healthy and we released it, but the smaller one swallowed the bait so it was filleted. What an experience! The captain and crew were very good about giving us help when we needed it without taking over. I absolutely loved it!

Visited April 2013
8 Thank Galemm

Oakland, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“The best striped Marlin fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went here with Pisces Fleet in August 2012 to fulfill my bucket list wish of catching a striped Marlin. Went out early & within an hour saw the snouts of 3 marlins poking out of the water. Deckhand casted live bait & it was on! Ended up catching 4 striped Marlins total, all on live bait in about 4 hours, releasing 3 & keeping one that was too injured to release. Had a 5th one strike the lure hard & get away by swimming under the boat. By 12 oclock it was heating up to over 100 degrees & I was feeling pretty satisfied, so I decided to go ahead & have them take me back in early. Could have probably caught at least 2 more, but I was happy to have even just caught 1 so I figure I better keep some of my remaining good luck for next time.

Visited August 2012