“Breathtaking”

El Arco de Cabo San Lucas (Lands End)
Book In Advance
More Info
$15.00*
and up
Land's End Sightseeing Boat Tour in Los Cabos
More attraction details
Owner description: Tourists flock to this natural rock formation, a whale-watching site and snorkeling spot.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

There's no denying that this place in the world is more stunning in real life as it is in the pictures. Find yourself a water taxi at the beach (don't pay your hotel to book it for you) and set sail. Tell the captain what time you want to return and then enjoy your day. Swimming is wonderful on the sea side and quite dangerous on the Pacific side...but there's good reason to spend time on both sides.

2  Thank Joanne A
Write a ReviewReviews (7,132)
All reviews
in 72 reviews
"whale watching"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Taking a boat trip, whether it's the boat taxis during the day or the sunset cruise in the evening, is so worth it! There is nothing like it and the experience will always stay with you. On the Sea of Cortez side, you'll see lots of little boats sailing around and Lover's Beach is worth the trip. The Pacific side is awesome too...that's where the whales are and the pristine sands of what they call "Divorce Beach" (I think it's funny they call it that...it's way better than Lover's Beach in my opinion, it's quieter but you can't swim on that side). Seeing the Arc at sunset is a sight to behold. Not to miss!

1  Thank AnaandMatthew
Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was cool to see something I'd seen in countless movies and of course, in dozens of pictures my friends have shared with me over the years. I was there filming some packages for FOX-TV and we decided to add the Arc to our list. On the day we went, there were some really rough and choppy seas. It was so windy and bad that our water taxi almost capsized, and we all almost went overboard, camera and all! Luckily, we were all wearing life jackets. But once we got on dry land, what they call "Lover's Beach," it was worth the adventurous journey there. On the way, we even saw a sea lion just hanging out on top of a rock formation just off the beach. It was surreal to see one outside of a zoo or enclosed space – just being in nature and taking in some sun.

The Arc is where the San Lucas bay meets the Pacific Ocean. It is an iconic area and something amazing to behold. The rock formations are incredible. Something interesting is that there are actually two beaches there. One is where you land, “Lover’s Beach” and the other is what the locals call “Divorce Beach – both connected by sand. In fact, it is said that if a married couple walks across from Lover's to the Divorce side, they will soon find themselves “divorced” - you've been warned haha.

Two very important things to remember. First, it is illegal to climb the arch. Some have done it and have ended up injured or in serious trouble with the Mexican government. Second, the Pacific side of the beach is not safe at all! In fact, people have drowned there. The picture I took and posted here (in knee-deep water) was taken on the Pacific side and it’s one of the most careless things I’ve done, in hindsight. What I didn’t know was that just a month or two before I was there, a Canadian couple had drowned there doing just that, taking pictures when a rogue wave dragged them into the sea. There was a search and I think the man was never found, if memory serves me correctly. Though the bay is a great place to snorkel, the Pacific end is NOT a place to swim as you will see by the various “DANGER” signs on that side.

Overall, it is beautiful and I highly recommend taking a water taxi or excursion to see this natural wonder – so long as you are safe and follow the few rules, you will love it and definitely enjoy.

4  Thank Ldominici
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great place to visit from a water taxi with a glass floor and just take in the landscape. We got to see sea lions, colorful fish and interesting rock formations.

1  Thank Rod_RP