“I <3 MANTA!”

Discover Scuba Diving Experience for Beginners
$95.00*
2-Tank Dive Tour in Cabo San Lucas for Certified Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Manta Scuba is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort specializing in quality dive instruction and custom tours of the Cabo San Lucas Marine Park and the Corridor.Manta Scuba also offers seasonal tours to snorkel with Whalesharks, dive Gordo Banks and Cabo Pulmo.The dive shop owns 3 boats customized for dive and snorkel trips available for private charters.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been a Certified Diver since I was 12, and have been visiting Cabo San Lucas since I was 10. In the many years since, my family built a home down there - allowing me to visit once per year when work permits. In my many years visiting, I had always dismissed diving there as a waste of time - no coral? Not interested! BUT, that all changed when my boyfriend and I vacationed there last week. Needing to complete his final open-water dives to obtain his certification, we decided to get it done there (as opposed to a Reservoir in Colorado). It was such a great decision. The crew at MANTA was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to help in any way possible. Although the diving itself wasn't mind-blowing, we were able to dive with Sea-lions, stingrays, sharks, and other awesome sea-life. My experience with MANTA has solidified my decision to dive at least once every time I'm in Cabo - I've got a lot of years to make up for, and can't wait to create more dive-memories with the MANTA team!

1  Thank Chelsea I
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Hi Chelsea,
Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience while diving here in Manta, we highly appreciate it.
We are glad you found our team as friendly and attentive, our goal is that you will have great experience.
Though the visibility here is not always great, it is mostly because the water is rich with nutrients, as you could see there is an abundant of marine life here. We would highly recommend you to try diving around Oct-Nov when the water is warmer, clearer and we have more seasonal tours available for you and your boyfriend to explore.
We will look forward diving with you again on your next trip to Cabo.
Hagai and the Manta team

There are newer reviews for Manta Scuba

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Looking for an outstanding dive shop in Cabo San Lucas..go no further!

Manta Scuba was outstanding! After 25 years of teaching and diving many different locations it is a pleasure to experience quality service, attention to safety and desire to see every diver has a fantastic diving experience. Chamely our divemaster was terrific (she is also a PADI instructor). Constantly pointing out subject matter to photograph and monitoring every diver, even as an instructor myself she kept tabs on my air comsumption.
The entire team at Manta Scuba was courteous, helpful and professional. Manta provides for men and womens changing rooms, showers after diving, large rinse tubs for camera gear, seperate dip tanks for regulators and another for sanitizing/wash for wetsuits.
Equipment is well maintained utilizing Mares BCD;s and regulators. Integrated weight systems are available. Manta has several boats (with marine toilets) which are well maintained, clean and spacious. Boat used depends on number of people and dive site visited. Diving is only minutes from the harbor and more species of tropical fish than I have seen in one place. Divers are matched to experience level and each divemaster only takes a small group. Only two in our group which made for a more customized dive experience.

Definitely dive with Manta Scuba again! Thank you for a great time diving!

Gene
PADI Instructor

1  Thank HercdriverCalif
MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Hola Gene,
Thank you for your kind review; it was a pleasure to have you diving with our team.
It is a great honor to see you found Manta Scuba as a professional dive resort with high quality service and equipment. Our facility is built for the comfort of our guests.
We do offer some seasonal longer tours, such as; Cabo Pulmo, Gordo Banks and La Paz. The local area (Cabo San Lucas Marine Park) offer great diving opportunities with plenty of marine life within only a short boat ride.
We look forward diving with you again, hopefully you will have the time to explore some more sites.
Hagai Tzur,
Manta Scuba Diving

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We just did a 2 tank dive at the 'local sites', pelican rock and the point. This was our first time diving in Cabo after misty Caribbean/Cozumel dives. We knew it was goin to be colder, less reefs, but potential for bigger sea life like rays, sea lions etc.

The small shop is located in a plaza next to the marina and staff were friendly, easy going as they got our rental gear together. A bit cramped for a big group but clean and organized. We were lucky to have a dive master with just the 2 of us, and he was knowledgeable and gave good briefings before the dives to let us know what to look for etc. the boat was about 12diver capacity and was partially covered with a small head as well. The local sites at cabo are really close to the harbor, about 5 min boat ride away. That is nice, but also means there is a lot of boat traffic and snorkellers around so underwater there is a constant hum of boats. On the corridor sites, which are a 20-30min ride away they are apparently more quiet and people had heard whale songs during the dives that day.

Pelican rock was a nice dive, starting at 60-70ft then swimming alonga few walls with sea fans, a good amount of fish, the sand falls to see, a small white tip shark deep in a crevice. But vis was poor, about 15-20ft max.

After a little boat tour around the point and the arch, which are the impressive rock outcroppings at the tip of Cabo, we set up for the next dive. To start we were in 15 ft of water with pretty big surge near the sea lion colony which was amazing, because the sea lions came down to swim by us and take a look for a while, as we just sat and watched them playfully swim around and gawk at us. Then we went around the point along the wall and saw a seahorse and octopus along with the usual fish. It was quite cold at 50ft (?65 or less at some points) but well worth it to swim with sea lions!!!

All in all a good afternoon. I would say both were borderline advanced dives due to conditions (poor vis, surge) but if the divemaster was with beginners I know he would have chosen differently (we were both advanced). Would definitely recommend Manta as a good dive operator.

2  Thank ryan_00_00_00

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for your review regarding the experience you had diving with us.
We always keep our groups per guide small, though you were lucky to have a quiet afternoon. Both Pelican Rock and Land's End are on the list of favorite sites, which are usually also suitable for all levels of divers; though we always stay alert checking the conditions to make sure everyone will have safe and enjoyable dives.
As you noticed the conditions here are different than the Caribbean but offer good amount of fish and diversity. The water does get colder and rich with nutrients (poor visibility) during February, but that is also one of the reasons the Whales migrate to the Sea Of Cortez and why we have plenty of marine life.
If there was anything about your visit that you think we could have improved on, please take a moment to let us know we are always trying to better meet your expectations.
Hagai Tzur,
Manta Scuba Diving

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I just completed 2 refresher dives and 2 pleasure dives with Manta. Couldn't be happier with the experience. The Master Diver, Benjamin, was friendly, safety conscious, and very helpful in making us feel at ease in the water.
I would highly recommend Manta for your choice in scuba when visiting Cabo.
Alan VanWyngarden and Sally Smith

MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hello Alan and Sally,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review regarding your experience with Manta scuba.

We always recommend to divers who haven't been diving for a while to do the refresh dive in order for you to feel more comfortable and confident while diving. The refresh allows you to dive in even smaller groups than our already small groups per guide, with an experience instructor. We are glad you enjoyed the company of Benjamin as your instructor as well as the service we give here.

We hope to have the pleasure diving with you again
The Manta team

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I got open water certified at the Manta dive shop in Cabo and had such a good time. I was a little anxious at times but the instructor (Benjamin) did such amazing time of calming me down and getting me focused again. I always felt safe and if I had any problems he was right there to help me and was very attentive. I can't wait to come back and dive again but in the mean time I will have dive in the lakes in rivers around North Dakota....brrrrrrrr!

MantaScuba, General Manager at Manta Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hola Karenavelo,

Thank you for choosing Manta Scuba as your PADI dive center for your certification, we are glad you enjoyed your Open Water course and you felt safe and in good hands while having fun.

Have fun in your future diving adventures.
Hope to see you diving here again soon,
The Manta team