“Amazing”

Ecocat Catamaran Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecocat is a famous multimillion dollar yacht converted to offer a lucky few a first class voyage they will not soon forget. Not only is she the biggest sailing Catamaran in Cabo ECOCAT IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD! Offering Snorkel/Kayak tour with onboard BBQ in Santa Maria Bay at 11:30, Happy Hour Sail at 3:30 and Sunset Dinner Cruise at 6PM daily.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Langley, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing time on this tour. Staff was friendly and made it comfortable only complaint would be that couldn't go snorkelling because of stingrays but that isn't their fault. Drinks were flowing, food was great, sights were amazing and staff was amazing.

Gilroy, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Sunset Cruise is a family value”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We enjoyed the Sunset Cruise from La Mariana with our children and two small grandchildren.
The catamaran is roomy and the crew friendly and helpful. A light but adequate dinner and drinks are included for the $38 USD price. Recommended for those wanting to see the view and enjoy the waters surrounding Cabot.

Orange, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worst expirience!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

So, I used trip advisor and read many reviews before booking a private charter. I had 50 guests booked for a sunset cruise for my wedding rehearsal. I booked the charter months ahead of time and paid this company. The night of the cruise my 50 person party went to check in. The man working first tried to tell us he had no reservation. After stressfully digging through emails to show our confirmation, he then told us that actually the boat was broken. At no point did the company attempt to call me to tell me that the cruise was cancelled. He casually said that we could reschedule for a different day. I then told him that 50 people were at the dock and we were expecting a sunset cruise. Some guest came straight from the airport so they wouldn't miss the boat. I asked him if he could arrange a different boat. He rudely said No and didn't show any remorse or concern that our boat cruise was ruined. This company has the worst customer service and ruined my rehearsal night along with disappointed 50 other guests. He refunded the money, but nothing would make up for this horrible experience. I will share my story with my many friends that come down to Cabo. Readers beware to never book a private charter with this company!!

4 Thank Sarah D
robtpopp, General Manager at Ecocat Catamaran Tours, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
You are absolutely correct, this was indeed a terrible experience and I understand completely your disappointment. EcoCat leaves the harbor on over 1000 trips per year. Amazingly we only have to cancel 5 - 8 trips a year and usually it is the government who closes the port for bad weather. While a cancelation rate of less than 1% of our trips is not bad, it is horrible if it happens to you. 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure the Captain did his pre-check and started the motors as is our custom, when one of the starters blew. I was still on the boat trying to do everything possible to get this fixed in time for your trip (impossible to have contacted you) when your group arrived in our office. Our policy is for the charterer to check in 48 hours prior to the charter which your group never did. The last time we heard from you was almost 2 months prior on March 26. Just before you arrived I phoned the office about the problem and told them that since you never checked in perhaps you had canceled. Wishful thinking on our part. We only asked you for your confirmation to speed the return of your deposit which I understand was refunded within minutes. Private charters are the most important customers of EcoCat. Yours was the first time in our 7 years that we have ever had to cancel a private. You have read our comments and see that we try very hard to please our customers. I offer you my sincere apologies for this terrible misfortune and assure you that we tried everything humanly possible to avoid this. In this bad economy you must know how hard it is to lose your business, have to refund your money and then suffer your bad will. I would like to offer your entire family a free trip on Ecocat to show you what a nice job we normally do.
Vancouver, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Always a good time”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This review is long overdue, but still relevant! I've taken all the Ecocat tours a number of times down here in Cabo. We always bring guests along as it's a fun and reasonably priced way to hit the water. I've been on the boat with as few as 5 people (our group only) to larger groups up to 50. It's a spacious boat and the staff is great. I did the snorkel-kayak tour in May 2014 and we saw whales which is very rare for this time of year. I will keep going back to the Ecocat again and again and would highly recommend it to anyone. The value is unheard of...open bar - need I say more?

1 Thank lauren c
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Must do!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We booked this through a seller just outside the Bahia named Enrique and got a great price. Unfortunately the original day that we booked got rained off but were quickly placed on the cruise on the following day. We left the marina and headed out for photos at the arch which was amazing and then continued down the coast to the snorkelling spot. The whole way was just beautiful and are served drinks the whole way (Cocktails, Beers, Soft Drinks and water). Once we arrived at the bay we were given all the equipment we need and given an hour to snorkel the reef and play in the ocean (Jumping off the boat). After the fun lunch was served on the upper deck and was really nice (Burgers and Salads type stuff). Then some music started and we cruised back up the coast with a nice party atmosphere going. They crew were really fun and attentive and really made the journey back really fun. Can't recommend this enough, FYI that the price doesn't include tip for the crew so make sure you have additional cash for them.

Visited April 2014