“Great whale watching”

Ecocat Catamaran Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecocat is a famous multimillion dollar yacht converted to offer a lucky few a first class voyage they will not soon forget. Not only is she the biggest sailing Catamaran in Cabo ECOCAT IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD! Offering Snorkel/Kayak tour with onboard BBQ in Santa Maria Bay at 11:30, Happy Hour Sail at 3:30 and Sunset Dinner Cruise at 6PM daily.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Took the whale watching cruise and it was fantastic! This boat was the best to see the whales because one sits up on a 360-view of the ocean and the captain, once he locates the pod, will keep the EcoCat right alongside, making for great views and picture taking. The crew was great (my wife is in a wheelchair) and they handled everything just great. And the food was good. These folks will give you the best bang for your buck.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were lured into the Eco Bar on the marina by the promise of breakfast for only $3.95. The breakfast of eggs, hash browns, pancakes and fruit proved to be an outstanding value. The food, music, service and overall atmosphere was great. While we were there we were approached about taking their catamaran, which was moored just down the dock from the restaurant, for a sunset cruise or a whale watching adventure. Coming from Oklahoma we had never seen whales before and since the manager "guaranteed" we would see them, we decided to book the whale tour.

When we got on the Eco Cat the next morning we took a seat near the bow so we would have a good vantage point for photos and video. This proved to be a good decision. As we sailed out of the marina the crew began the food and beverage service, which was included in our $35 fare. The breakfast was outstanding. It was a freshly-prepared chicken, scrambled egg and cheese burrito, hash browns and fresh fruit.

We went on a Tuesday, and Tuesday is the day that three cruise ships are in port. We sailed right by the Princess, Norwegian and Carnival ships on our way out to sea. The captain pulled up near the famous arch so everyone could take photos of the arch and Lover's Beach areas.

About a half-hour out we saw the whales. There were maybe three our four that we were able to follow for a good while. We are able to get 20-30 yards from them, definitely close enough to get some great pictures. There were a dozen or so other boats out there with us and most were glorified row boats with a hand-operated outboard motor. I suspect the people on these boats paid close to what we paid and, while they saw the same whales we did, they did not have nearly as good an experience for the money.

They have a photographer on the boat who will come by and take several pictures of you and your party. You will have the opportunity to go below deck on the way back into the marina and look at the photos on her computer. Ours were all pretty good, so we bought the CD for $40.

In all, it was a fantastic morning. I highly recommend the Eco Cat for whale watching adventures.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Amazing way to spend a few hours, great staff make sure that the cruise is memorable. The snorkelling was a bit ordinary by Great Barrier Reef standards but more than compensated for great views, good people and whales sightings on the way.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Let's start with the great...the views of El Arco and the sunset...and the crew did everything possible to make sure we had fun time and nice experience. They were great. I do recommend this boat/crew

The boat was nice, there were about 35 people and it was not crowded at all. I have nothing bad to say about the boat or the crew.

The food was OK...I would give the trip a 3 for the food. The skewers were good. The fish skewer my wife had was better than my beef by far. The rice and sides ... were...well OK I guess. I would not book this trip because of the food but it was nice to have it as part of the trip. I have paid more in Cabo for a sunset cruise that did not give you a true meal (had hors devours)

Main reason I gave it a 3 was because I know where they are cutting the corners to make a profit...the drinks. Someone in a prior review noted how nobody on their boat got out of control....that was probably because there was little to no alcohol in the Mai Tai's and Margaritas.

I love a good Mai Tai and they are usually pretty potent. Mine were all fruit juice and I could not tell if there was ANY booze it. After two I asked for "Double the booze and 1/2 the fruit juice" and at least I could detect some alcohol in that one. After that I just gave up and drank the beer.

If you have a group, stop by the Eco Bar and talk to the mgr and negotiate a price for the cruise. We had 8 people and got it for $45 each. We ended up bringing two more so we had 10 at $45.

Pretty good deal...

Main advice...don't expect too much from the "dinner". It is not bad but nothing special. Drink the beer if you want to get a buzz on while riding or start right off asking for a "double" on the drinks. I would rather drink 2-3 strong drinks than 6 that are 95% fruit juice. I was bloated on fruit juice.

2  Thank TERMINATOR1959
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Fun loving, entertaining staff that were always making sure you had a drink in your hand! Snorkeling was average to good but the big plus were the whales that were bathing/jumping and entertaining us right near the boat! Ecocat was very fun and I would not hesitate to go again.