“Pueblo Bonito was great”
Review of Pueblo Bonito Rose

Pueblo Bonito Rose
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Tacoma, Washington
“Pueblo Bonito was great”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Stayed the first week of May 2010, What a great resort. Older people who came along were worried about Mexico and prefer Hawaii. They now too love Mexico and wanna go back. This resort did such a great job and is such a beautiful resort. Kinda pricey in terms of like dinner for Mexico, but what a great dinner.
They did a fabulous job and the beauty of this resort is astounding. Lands end is right there in front of you and you can have dinner outside with it right in the background. We also visited Pueblo Bonito Sunset. Nice resort cause it is newer than the Blanco or rose, however you can't really swim in the ocean at sunset. The rooms at Sunset are nicer cause it is newer, but then you are not on Medano Beach either, where all the action is. There is a bus that takes folks back and forth free of charge btween sunset and rose and blanco.
All in all this resort is a definite five star resort. The service and hospitality were excellent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank david98446

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (973)
Phoenix, az
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I guess the resort has their staff wear pins that say "I Love My Job" in an attempt to make up for their lack of personality and customer service. Almost no one who worked there seemed to know how to smile or interact with guests. The bartenders at the pool, the people who handed out towels at the pool, the people behind the front desk, the concierge and the bellmen all seemed annoyed that I came to them for assistance or service.
Our room was on the top floor but the view was horrible. We could see a small part of the pool and into part of our negihbor's room. The ocean was nowhere in sight. It was a very clean room though and was nicely decorated.
I've travelled to many different parts of Mexico and this was my 4th trip to Cabo. I have almost always enjoyed great customer service provided in restaurants, clubs and resorts. I'm not sure what happened to Pueblo Bonito Rose, but it felt nothing like what I've come to expect when visiting Mexico.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CasiLynne
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2010

We had 2 dinners and also a massage at the spa here, we did not stay here. But it was nice. Food was not bad, one night they were grilling different cuts of meat and it was wonderful--even the steaks which generally aren't too good in Mexico. Other night was Cinco de Mayo with a Mexican theme buffet, the food was ok but a lot was cold already at 7pm. Desserts were wonderful. Waiter sent us back to our place with a bottle of wine, but it was skunky (but free). We didn't drink it. Massages were very nice, spa was ok but no hair dryers. Probably to keep it quiet.

• Stayed May 2010
Oregon
Reviewed May 8, 2010

As expected, PB Rose provided us once again with very good service and facilities. I have to say, however, it was not as good as previous stays. While the room was the same with everything we needed and all staff members were courteous and friendly, we were disappointed on several occasions.

Our room: We always stay in a junior suite which is all the room we need for two people. It was very clean upon arrival but every day something was left undone in the cleaning process. I was very disappointed to continually find sand on the floor right after the room was cleaned. We were also left with a reminder to leave money if we wanted our dishes washed. We never asked to have them washed and couldn't have washed them ourselves if we wanted to as there was no soap in the dispenser. The shower was never attended to during our entire stay and washcloth replenishment was intermittent. All in all, these were minor things so I still feel good about our stay.

The property: Pool is still too warm. Service on the beach was nearly non-existent. Prices for food and drink are sky high and we quit buying anything from the bars and restaurants the second day. Sandwiches and drinks in the deli were better so we would buy our lunch there and take it out to the beach to eat in our lounge chairs - which was just as well since the waiter rarely showed up. The service and quality of food from the deli was excellent. Everything was clean and well maintained throughout the property as always.

Caution: When checking out, my husband found an odd charge on the bill. When he inquired, they said it was for towels. He told them we didn't have any towels and they said "we gave you towel cards - do you have them?" Since he was standing there with them in his hand he said "yes" and handed them over. The resort automatically charged us without even asking for the cards back.

In summary, we have been spoiled by the excellence we have experienced in the past so when we don't get it, we are disappointed. Nevertheless, we are still very happy with PBR in general and would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mariadelcabo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I Stayed at your Hotel the weekend of April 23 , 24 , 25 th , 2010 and had left my credit
card at the Front desk for Incidental expenses. I did not charge anything to my
room nor did I use the card. My bank contacted me last week and informed me
of fraudulent charges to my Credit Card. I am 100% sure that my card was not
used anywhere except at your Hotel. I asked for my statement and noticed that
my card had been charged at the Hotel without my approval and then the number
was used to purchase products elsewhere.
I am very disappointed at the lack of security with sensitive credit card information
that is leaked from your Front desk.I have contacted my bank and the appropriate
authorities regarding this incident. I will also be contacting the Mexican Tourism
board regarding this theft of my credit card. I have also lodged a formal complaint
with the tourism Board.

Stayed April 2010
4 Thank guest2010golf
PBRose, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this review, May 13, 2010
Dear Guest2010golf,
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to Pueblo Bonito Rose . We have reviewed the charges to your credit card and found they correspond to the late checkout on the 25th. If there are other charges that you don’t recognize please contact me at gosako@pueblobonito.com.mx to review the situation.
We take these commentaries very seriously and we have security measures in place to avoid any kind of credit card fraud in our hotels. We have hundreds of thousands of guests throughout the year and we’ve never had any problems with credit card frauds.
Thank you again and I we look forward to hearing from you to clarify this as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We just returned home from a six day stay at PBR in Cabo. It was a great choice for us. We were looking for a place that would put us close to the beach, close to town, and and be very clean and affordable. We got just what we wanted with our stay at PBR. This resort is right on the beach and offers plenty of lounge chairs, umbrellas and cabanas in a sectioned off area facing the beautiful waters of the sea of Cortez. The waitstaff serves you all day long, running to and from the bar bringing great drinks and good food. We were surprised at the price of the drinks. They average about $11 per cocktail and $4 per can of beer (no bottles of corona...just cans). During happy hour, they do offer two drinks for the price of one. We dined on the patio in the evenings at the Sushi Bar, but mostly ordered off of their pool menu. The chips, salsa, guac and quesadillas were really good. The fish and steak tacos, were average. Prices for these ranged between $8-$13.

The pool is gorgeous, once again, with many chairs, umbrellas and cabanas and great service. We opted to spend our time down at the beach, though. You can swim in a pool anywhere, but this beach and ocean water was really beautiful and unique. Yes, there are many vendors down on the beach, but they keep walking when you tell them "no thank you".

This particular beach, is very touristy. PBR seems to be toward the end of the line, so there isn't quite as much foot traffic as the resorts closer in toward the Marina. Down toward the Marina you will find many outdoor restaurants, including the famous "Office". We were not enamored with the atmosphere down that direction (we are a little more low key) but if you like loud music and a party environment, you will enjoy it. It's rowdy and there are many intoxicated people. Prices are pretty high, for food and beverage...but we heard many good favorable reviews of the quality of the food and drinks.

PBR is a nice walk to the Marina. We are fit so a decent walk does not bother us. From PBR to the Marina via the beach it is about a 20 minute walk. The Marina is really pretty and there are many shops and restaurants there. It is totally geared towards tourists so you will find chain restaurants like Ole Ole, Hooters and shops selling high end items. The flea market has many booths, but they sell the exact same items as the beach vendors at similar prices. We weren't enamored with their selection and opted to purchase from the beach vendors on our last day.

The rooms at PBR are really nice. Not luxurious or plush, but clean, spacious and have everything you need. Our toaster was broken, we called down and a brand new one was sent to us in about 10 minutes. The wireless internet was a plus. If you don't get a strong signal in your room, there are many common areas to get signal (the courtyard, the deli, the lobby, etc.) The internet in the computer lab is a little too spendy ($5 for 15 minutes) so I would recommend bringing your own device. They also charge for use of your telephone even if you are using your own calling card. I used skype to call home, which was free, of course.

We booked our package through Alaska Airlines Vacations and we also booked their ground transfer from the Airport through Contactours. This only cost at extra $30 for the round trip and was a terrific value. The resort is about 45 minutes from the airport and we heard many conflicting stories about other transfer services and cab fares.

All the staff at PBR were very nice and helpful. I think since we left our husbands at home for this trip, the time share people did not bother us. When they found that out they figured that we were not likely purchasers. When we do return to Cabo with our husbands, we will stay at PBR. It was a really good experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank dollface-30
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We just returned from a fabulous Cabo getaway for my bf's birthday. It was his first time in Cabo and it was my 5th visit. We both enjoyed our stay at the Pueblo Bonito Rose, primarily because of the fabulous location and the view(s) from our room, a junior suite. Here are some helpful reviews, both for the traveler and hotel management: 1) Hotel staff and service: The front desk staff were very courteous throughout our stay. The entertainment personnel kept us laughing as we partook in activities such as pool volleyball. The restaurant staff were generally polite but seemed annoyed if we requested a description of dishes, especially during our first dinner there. They were also a bit slow in taking our orders. The waiters/waitresses at the pool bar were slow and perhaps needed more help as there were a lot of people ordering and waiting for their drinks. The worst staff at the hotel were the concierge staff. They seemed annoyed at our questions about restaurants, airport shuttles, etc. The security staff at the front door were very helpful and courteous. They made us feel safe as we exited and entered the hotel property. They should not be assigned to such an important role if they don't want to deal with such questions. 2) Room: Our junior suite was surprisingly very spacious, especially the kitchenette and living room area near the balcony. However, the room with two double beds was small and cramped. Maybe a king bed would have made it less cramped. The doors leading into the bathroom and the doors to the closet are awkwardly designed as they are unable to open fully without hitting something like the bed or the other door. I think the architect skimped on such details. But we were pleased with the living room area and the view from the balcony. The ocean view(s) were spectacular from our balcony. 3) Food: the hotel food was overall good. Some of the seafood during the Sunday brunch didn't seem very fresh but there were some items in the buffet that we enjoyed. I particularly loved the authentic Mexican fare, like the tortillas, chorizo, seafood, etc. 4)Ambiance, amenities, and activities: we loved the ambiance of the hotel. We just wished there was more salsa music piping in near the pool so we can really feel like we are in Mexico. The pool was great and we played pool basketball and volleyball. We don't mind indulging ourselves but the prices at the spa were somewhat higher than we expected. We actually enjoyed the therapeutic beach massage offered by the local beach clubs.

In summary, we would stay at the Pueblo Bonito Rose again. Hopefully during our next visit, some of the issues noted above are addressed by the hotel management.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple