“Pueblo Bonito Rose”
Review of Pueblo Bonito Rose

Pueblo Bonito Rose
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our family has stay at PBR for the last 13 years. While we could stay at the other places associated with the corporation, we elected to be by the beach, pool, and night life. This year we along with the grand boys had a tremendous time. Personnel at the front desk were very helpful, and poolside refreshments were readily available. The dining facilities made it agreeable for a family of seven that included 2 active little boys. We appreciate the hospitality.

Room Tip: Swim suits, casual dress is appropriate .
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DGORT

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I just spent a week in cabo at this hotel. It is very well maintained, both the grounds, pools, rooms and buildings. It's location however in regards to it's proximity to the city of Cabo San Lucas, which is a easy short walk from the hotel, is by far one of it's best features. Additionally the hotel is about a quarter mile or so down the beach from a host of outdoor bars and restaurants built right on the sandy beach. You can access these establishments by simply walking down the beach to them. Its really great. The hotel has 3 on site restaurants and a deli to choose from, none of which are cheap however. In fact if I were to return to cabo and stay at the Bonito Rose again I definitely would stop at the Costco on the way in from the airport and stock up on drinks, alcohol and water, and breakfast stuff. The hotel is really beautiful and the view from anywhere along the beach is simply amazing. I liked the hotel a lot and would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want good access to the pool areas you should ask for a first floor room that has a patio tha...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose from April 5 to April 12. For the most part, the accommodations were fine. The service was sometimes slow, but quite frankly we weren't in a hurry for food or drink so I wasn't particularly bothered. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. We especially liked David, Juan Carlos and Armando. They were extremely courteous and hard working.
The property is well maintained. The rooms are clean, but could use a little updating. The beds are really small…two normal sized adults may not be particularly comfortable sleeping in the same bed
When you purchase an all-inclusive package at Pueblo Bonito Rose, you are issued a wrist band. This wristband is supposed to indicate that have an all-inclusive package. When you go to eat you will be asked by the hostess, the waiter and any other restaurant employee you come in contact with what your room number is. Additionally, each time you order a drink you are asked your room number. I’m not entirely sure why we even needed wristbands. At first, my concern with this process was that it would appear that we were eating two or three lunches/dinners each day and be charged extra. What did not occur to me was that someone, knowing we were not in our room, would break in and steal our passports.
That brings me to my biggest complaint …our passports were stolen from our room. Unfortunately, I got complacent about using the room safe -shame on me. The hotel personnel were a bit indifferent about our situation…sort of like “Sorry to hear that lady…good luck with everything.” I explained the issue I had with the staff constantly asking our room number and that perhaps that played a role in our passports being taken. I was asked to fill out a comment form so that it could be given to a manager. I figure if they can’t take time to help or listen to me in person it’s more productive to comment on Trip Advisor.
On a different note…we reserved an executive suite but were told upon arrival that they didn’t have any executive suites left. They offered me a $250 credit which I requested be applied to a spa voucher. When I went to pick the voucher up, it was for $115. They gave me some crazy excuse that was not worth arguing over as I was feeling a bit preoccupied with replacing our passports. All-in-all the front desk staff is pretty useless.
So…if your passport does not get stolen from your room the Pueblo Bonito should be pleasant enough for all but the most discriminating traveler.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank anniefannieNewMexico
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review us, we feel very proud that our contributors David, Juan Carlos and Armando left that excellent impression on the service of Pueblo Bonito, we constantly work on continuous improvement, to keep our facilities clean and organized, this is our hotel's philosophy, there are different procedures that we must do in our Restaurants area, we will consider your feedback to improve communication between staff and customers.

We have checked our reports and unfortunately we did not find any related to stolen passports, these are not common incidents, and for this type of situations the procedure established by Pueblo Bonito is that, when a passport is lost or stolen we have to report to the government authorities, as it is a very delicate situation, this is why it caughts our attention that we don't have any record about it.

In order to give you the best explanation, we will contact you to give you the attention you deserve, once again we thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,
Goyita Osako, General Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was a return trip to the Rose & we chose the all inclusive package. We love the breakfast buffet,having drinks & lunch served while at the beach& the sushi,too.If you don't like buffets for any of the meals there is always a choice of choosing from a menu at a restaurant.
Felini's is delicious for dinner & worth the extra $10. We received excellent attentive service from Feliciano James. He was our server last year & we requested him this year. Very pleasant & hard worker. He added to our wonderful dinner experiences at Felini's.
Our days were spent mostly relaxing at the beach & we found outstanding service from Margarito Miranda Damian. He is another very hard worker who stood out during our trip this year. We enjoyed our wonderful service for lunch,snacks,& drinks without getting out of our chairs.
The rooms are kept very clean. The resort is at a great location especially if you like to swim in the ocean,walk downtown or to the marina.
We love Cabo & even though we purchase the all inclusive we also enjoy eating at the restaurants downtown for the evenings to give us variety. It is a great convenient location for everything.
We took the glass bottom trip to Lovers beach one day & recommend that as well especially if you like to snorkel. We used the company at the resort.
We have one complaint that is a repeat. We really feel that the resort should include free WiFi. It is a shame that they did away with it.
We missed the little extras too that we used to look forward to like the special way the towels were folded by your maid each day. We always had a different animal shaped towel but never had that this trip. Just a little thing but it was missed.
We love Cabo & look forward to our return trip. Thanks to Margarito & Feliciano for adding to a great trip!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Venise N
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is the third time to PB and we were really dissapointed! It seems that since they moved to all inclusive, the service and quality of food has really declined. It took an hour to get drinks , all seven days we were there. Unless, we went to bar ourselves, service couldn't get it done. Not enough staff and couldn';t keep up with guests. Food at pool and restaurants was cold and not worth the money. Rooms were average, but dated. No view of ocean, even in ocean view rooms!
No activities for kids at all. We are owners and I don't know if we will return to Rose again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Barry J
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Second stay at Rose, and again, had a very nice time. We had our daughter and family in tow, and the kids loved the pool. Because their room was on the ground floor, they had an easy time getting seats, but it is too bad there wasn't a better way to let people who need chairs to get them. Numerous times we found people had chairs marked with towels, but were no where to be found, for hours. Fortunately for my wife and I, we had our secret weapon, Quadalupe. He always found us some chairs, no matter what time of day. And you won't find a better server. We didn't do all inclusive, except for the last day, and found that the food at the restaurants was not as good as we found elsewhere. I will say the service at Fellini's, especially Jonathan, made up for the mediocre food. The rooms are comfortable, but if you want a view of the ocean from your balcony, try somewhere else. We will be back, mostly for the location, and the staff. Can't wait.

1  Thank CPawloski
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had a large family group that stayed at PB Rose. We had a great time and made many memories. However one person stood out amongst the rest of the employees at PB Rose. Oscar attended to our every need while we were poolside, which was the majority of the trip. He was the most gracious and sometimes entertaining person of the entire stay. His service was impeccable and always prompt. It wasn't only our group either. I overheard a conversation about how well liked he was by another group near us at the pool. And watching him with other guests it was apparent that he was a model employee no matter who he was dealing with. We had a large number of children in our group and they bonded with him as well. My son even asked me if he could take a picture with Oscar to share with his friends at school. I hope that this praise reaches management at PB Rose. Your resort would jump ahead a mile if Oscar were given the chance to advance. He is the type of person that understands the service industry and what people are looking for when they stay at a resort. When I left I told Oscar I considered him a friend, and I hope to hear his family and he are doing well in the years to come.

2  Thank Michael S