“Would go again!”
Review of Pueblo Bonito Rose

Pueblo Bonito Rose
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first experience in Cabo and with the Pueblo Bonito resorts. We got such a great deal....Round trip airfare from Houston, 6 days and 5 nights, all inclusive to include alcohol, all for $1,200 bucks!
One of the things that is helpful to know is that it is a 45 minute ride from the airport to the resort. The best advice is to take a shuttle for $16 bucks per person as opposed to $80 bucks for a taxi. They do pack people in the shuttles, so be prepared to get a little cozy. As soon as we got to the resort and checked in, we were taken to the "hospitality" desk with information on visiting a different Publo Bonito time share in Cabo. In return, we got free breakfast, a great tour of the new resort, and $300 dollars in food and spa credit.
Our room was spacious and comfortable, and it was wonderful to walk down to the pool every day and have drinks and appetizers brought to you all day long. The wait can be extensive at times, but overall the service was pretty good. My one complaint is about the multitude of birds which hover over every meal and often eat off of the serving spoons at the buffet type meals.
The variety, quality, and quantity of food is amazing, and I never had a bad meal there.
There is a beach here where you can swim, and you can aso take a glass bottom boat tour for $10 bucks and head over to the famous Cabo Arch and Lover's Beach.
Overall a very pleasant experience, and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill G

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place just keeps getting worse and worse ever year I go there. Service is terrible. All inclusive is good when the hotel is all inclusive..but when it's a option it kills the quality and presentation for the paying customers!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Bradmorad
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Bradmorad,

I would like to thank you for your comment, however it is important to know that since we started our Meal Plan All Inclusive programs, the quality of our products remains the same, and our guests are able to enjoy both properties, Pueblo Bonito Rosé and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, including their restaurants, Bars and Theme Nights that are considered into these programs. We hope our reviewer give us the opportunity to serve him again in the near future.

Best,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose and had a excellent time like always! I want to thank Felix Ramirez for making our stay fun. He is so very helpful along with everybody else at the Rose. They are very professional and kind. I come every year and stay at the Blanco or Rose.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great location. I have never gotten a bad room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaymi G
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My co-worker & I were talking about upcoming trips as we both have time-shares at Pueblo Bonito resorts (I actually have one in each the Rose & Blanco and her one at Sunset Beach). So far I've been to Rose twice and am going to Blanco in November for two weeks. I decided to look up the reviews as I'm getting excited my next trip is not too far away and there was a theme about Trip Advisor on the radio this morning Last time we went with ten people and are doing so again this time. I have never written a review before but felt it necessary after reading some of these. I can't believe what people are saying as I pretty muc have nothing but positive things to say about my experiences here so far.
Both times and again this time we've done the all-inclusive. I would like to say we are all used to "good food", I myself managed an upscale restaurant for years and I think the food for the most part has been above avreage. The buffets have a lot to offer (breakfast ones are exceptional) and unless it's changed since November you always have the option for a sit-down meal. Poolside and beach snacks were great-especially the sushi (they did change that to only be offered from 5:00-9:00), but how much could you expect for the price your paying??? We've travelled to Aruba at least six times and you pay almost double and don't even have as much to choose from. We ate at Fellini's two nights for a little extra per person (not much!) and it was amazing. The only complaint was it did take long, but we were with 10 people, with 4 courses each and the service was excellent. If you don't like a meal you could always go to one of the other places or just ask for something different-very accomodating.
The only other negative about the all-inclusive is the second time the did seem to "run out" of certain liquors that are included. We did mention this to management (Juan Carlo) and he actually made a point to sit with us one morning to get our opinion to rectify it for the future. After that we never had a problem. (one item happened to be Kahlua which we were even having a problem getting in town for some reason so I don't even think it was just them).
As far as the staff, I always feel "treat them the way you want to be treated". They are people!! They happened to be the most friendliest people I've encountered on any vacation (we travel three times a year). Roberto (I DO hope he is still there as I haven't seen him mentioned) is such a sweatheart. He knew all of us by name, and practically our schedules (when & what we drank, ate, etc.) He went above and beyond for us including one of our group that happened to be in a wheelchair at the time. Fredo the bartender at Blanco was extremely friendly and had a great sense of humor.
The place itself is absolutely beautiful. Swans, turtles fish, pelicans, birds. To say it's dirty? Where?? They were continuously painting and cleaning at all times throughout the resort. Our room was cleaned EVERY day during each day. Where do you get that service at no additional charge in a time-share facility? It's not the newast resort, but it IS clean. Also, all you have to do is "Ask" and your bed will be put together! No problem in getting a roll away either as my husband didn't want his granddaughter sleeping in the same bed as her boyfriend!
As far as the vendors on the beach-they have a rope along the beach area that they aren't allowed to pass. As far as people saying "in your face" not true! you have to go up to them. I found them interesting and something to pass some of the time. Much better than having to go to a store to "shop" for souveniers!
My only "complaint" that I might take a little off for is the fact that you do let so many people from Sunset beach there during the day. I feel it isn't fair to the people that do book at Rose or Blanco as the isn't enough chairs for anyone that wants to come. It should be mandated better and a "cut-off" point to how many are actually allowed. I don't think that many people "leave" the resorts to go to Sunset as I do agree with others that it is beautiful but way too much distance between everything and nothing whatsoever at the beach. I prefer Rose or Blanco for the beaches, close to town and the fact that it is smaller
On that note, I can''t wait to come in November and experience Blanco. (we use amenities at both facilities)-just a little different scenery. I will definitely be looking for Roberto (tell him Senoir & Senorita Agua say Hola!!) I promise to right another review and hopefully my experience will be the same as I do look forward to many more years at the Pueblo Bonito resorts!
PS: We even saw the Whales! What a great experience!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dawn W
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Dawn W,

We feel flattered after reading such a nice review, we really enjoy welcoming people with positive attitude like you. Guests like you are what make us feel satisfied for the quality of the service we strive to provide each day. Looking forward to welcome you in November!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed in June for a week and used my parents' timeshare. We chose this resort because of the location to downtown and the swimable beach. Also, friends of ours were staying at at Casa Dorada, very close by. Overall, we had a really great experience. We did not do the all inclusive as we wanted to experience the retaurants in town every night and we typically don't eat breakfast.

We found the staff to be friendly especially at the pool. We spent a lot of days at the pool and the waiters are VERY attentive. They bring food and drinks quickly and the prices are not as expensive as I expected. There are certain times of the day when drinks are buy 1 get 1 so it really cuts down on the bill (it was never more than $60). The pool is huge but it is a very busy pool with all kinds of people: young, old, kids, teens, party people, chair hogs, etc. Also, as you get closer to the weekend you need to get to the pool early to secure a chair as people will put towels down on rows of them for their family/friends. There are pool activities throughout the day that are very entertaining and our friends that stayed at a different hotel (a fancier place) came over a few times just to people watch and hang out.

There is a store on the property where you can buy food, drinks, snacks, etc. and it is also a deli. It is VERY pricey so I would recommend making a trip to Walmart or Costco once at teh beginning of your trip if you are staying for awhile and stock up. Expecially on water. It's expensive.

The wifi does not work well at all. I believe you can pay to have it in your room for $15 a day but the designated area for free wifi near the cafe kinda sucked. There is a room with computers but you have to pay per half hour to use them.

We were only asked once about a timeshare and we said no thank you. End of story. We were never bothered again.

The rooms were basic but did the job. I was satisfied but we didn't spend much time in our room anyway so I didn't care much.

Overall, I would go back because o the friendly staff and great location. We had no major issues and a great trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ashley m
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was my first time to Cabo. We have a condo in La Paz and we love it there. For twelve years we have enjoyed traveling down Baja, however I was under the mind that Cabo was too Touristee. My wife convinced me as she had a friend who donated her timeshare at Rosé to us. I was skeptical but when we arrived I was impressed. I really liked the grounds well kept a little dated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We met a woman named Martha of the staff who commented on my wife's beauty and what a lovely couple we made. She saw to it that we were very comfortable and happy. We had a wonderful time. The beach was awesome with all the energy and goings on.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the beach you pay more but we were of the mind of being outside from sun up to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pescado777
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nothing to great with this one...We did the all-inclusive seems the staff will treat you the way you tip them, so small tip=bad service, good tip=good service. That really got annoying. Trying to order a drink from the bar is a joke, I stood there for 15 minutes and they just looked around me. Maids never came til super late, which we were already in our room by then so she cleaned our room once while we were there for 7 days.

Clean and pretty hotel and great location. I really liked their food, not really the buffet but off the menu.

Think I will not be going to Mexico again though, too money hungry..really gets annoying!

Room Tip: They are the same im sure.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rann h
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Rann H,

Thank´s a lot for your comments, we are very concern about all this issues that happened during your stay, right now we are working with all the staff from the pools and restaurants in order to eliminate this type of attitude, we definitely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We also thank you for the good comments you make about the hotel.

Best Regards,