“This place is all u need in Cabo.”
Review of Pueblo Bonito Rose

Pueblo Bonito Rose
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“This place is all u need in Cabo.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My family and I, took a trip to Cabo and stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose resort. I was very impressed with the staff. They took excellent care of us during our week long vacation. During the day, we loved being at pool side and having "Wilver" as our server. Wilver was very attentive to our needs as well as to the rest of the people he was serving. He made our day very easy ans answered all our questions. Wilver was very knowledgeable and professional with his service. I hope that when I go back to Pueblo Bonito Rose, he is still available to provide excellent service. Thx very much for the greatest experience of our lives!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank diesel033
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We truly appreciate your kind remarks and we feel very happy to hear that our staff members made you feel welcome and comfortable, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to Wilver.
Hope to see you again anytime soon!

Goyita Osako, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was here for 7 days in June, and absolutely loved it! Service was incredibly wonderful...including poolside food and beverages. The suite was oceanfront with fantastic balcony views. Room was furnished nicely, and daily cleaning service great. The all inclusive plan offered is a great value, and I enjoyed the restaurants there and sharing the sister hotel next door (Pueblo Bonito Blanco). The pools at both hotels are enjoyable and relaxing without being crowded. Love the beachfront location and convenience to downtown and marina area. Can also walk down beach to other restaurants and fun places. I am not sure what some of the writers of reviews expected, but think they are being a bit harsh and picky. I have traveled world-wide, and found this place very inviting...meeting all of my needs. Recommend, and will go again.

Room Tip: The views from oceanfront are incredible. Some of the rooms located further back have view blocked...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joysea13
Martinsville, Indiana
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Rose isn't as disappointing as quite a few of the reviews that we read. With that being said... Upon checking in I would avoid Perla if you can, maybe she was having a bad week, but both encounters with her would lead anyone to this conclusion. She didn't offer any information about the resort at all upon check-in. She didn't smile, simply processed our credit card and gave us our keys. She didn't refer us to the elevators or give us any indication as to what would be going on through the week etc.
It was very busy, which is fine, however, the pool has regulations or rules as to "No reserving of seats", but they DID NOT enforce that. The pool was very busy after 8:00 am and that lasts all day long. We went to the pool a little early to get a good spot, around 7:30 am, upon arriving we notice each cabana was already staged with towels, but no guests and the same with chairs all around the pool. There were some chairs that were "Reserved" for somewhere on the upwards of 2-3 hours without anyone ever using them, while other guests were searching for an "empty" chair. We didn't really eat at the restaurants at the resort due to the fact that no information was given upon check-in. They offer an all-inclusive package and it appears that the main restaurant caters more towards that option. We did attend the Mexican Fiesta next door at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos - it was a good show, but we were quoted one price $35 each, however, upon arriving it was $45 per person.
It was nice that they offer the shuttle to their sister resort - Pueblo Bonito Sunset; WOW it is a very big resort, many great pools, but it seems very inconvenient as you either have to walk miles upon miles of flowing hills to get anywhere or be carted around on golf carts.
Let's move on to check out, it was very smooth, we actually paid our bill on Friday night, which made Saturday morning very smooth. With that said, the bellman were a little rude and disappointed that we had private transportation arranged.
I suppose you get what you paid for, but the "FREE WIFI" was almost non-existent. I would say that if you had an "app" that usually worked better than anything, but getting on the internet was nearly impossible.
Overall I would say that the room was very more appealing than other reviews, the neighbors above us were a little inconsiderate as they seemed to rearrange their furniture about 11 pm each night and the lady of the house seemed to really like to wear her heals at ALL hours of the night.
It is a big resort, so of course we had to get a room that was right between both elevators, so it was never a quick walk anywhere. The view was good -- we were above the pool area by one of the large bird sanctuaries, we could not hear the noise from the pool, so that was nice.
I would recommend staying there if you like the big family get together atmosphere, but peace and quiet might not be found here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed explanation about your experience. In particular I regret you got such a bad impression about Perla, I would like to mention that we have received a lot of comments highlighting her great attitude of service and efficiency. Please know in advance that we have shared your comments with her and all the staff involved in customer service.

I would also like to mention, that Pueblo Bonito Rosé has a Concierge Desk where you can find all the information of services, restaurants, and other activities both inside and outside the hotel.

The procedure of no lounge chairs reservations is done every day and we have a control of the guest's arrival time at the pool area, as we have to respect the time that we indicate otherwise towels and belongings are removed. Perhaps this reviewer saw some lounge chairs reserved, but probably was within the range of time.

The Wi-Fi service has a charge, as do many hotels worldwide, however for the convenience of our guests we have a free area in both Pueblo Bonito Rosé and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. Guests at any hotel, can use both properties.

We truly appreciate your kind remarks about our sister Resort Pueblo Bonito Sunset and we hope to welcome you anytime soon!

Yours respectfully,
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We didn't choose this resort. We have friends that own a timeshare there and were trying to unload it this year so we went with a great deal. As it turns out, it wasn't worth the even the small amount we paid for it.

We found the entire staff to be snarky and disinterested. Some even outright lied to us (check in staff). We did not do the AI which was a good thing. There are too many amazing restaurants in Cabo to limit yourself to what appears a disappointing experience here.

PROS:

Great location, $6 cab ride into town or you walk about 15 minutes to be in the Harbor.
Swimmable beach right in front of the resort.
Air Conditioning is ice cold. We loved it.

CONS:

Rooms ONLY have double beds. Seriously, it was downright painful sleeping with another adult in this bed. Pillows were like bags of craft batting. They did however have a pillow menu that you could order a new. Of course, they didn't bring the correct ones up

Housekeeping didn't come until dinner time. We had to call 3 days in a row so we could get clean towels so we could shower and go out to dinner!

I personally don't have a problem with people saving their pool chairs AS LONG as they are only gone from them 30 minutes or so. Someone however had their items in a cabana and NEVER came back for the entire day.

We were NEVER approached by any waiter at the pool until the 5th day we were there!

Resort is run down and is need of some major remodeling. Sidewalks need to be hosed down as they were filthy.

Kitchenette is almost unusable. It's in the entry way and is really just a passthrough. Minimal dishes, etc. Impossible to cook a meal. Frig/Freezer didn't keep things cold. The ice melted in the freezer. The smaller bar frig was totally inoperable and they refused to get us a new one.

Don't forget or run out of your sunscreen.....a spray can is $24 in the deli. If you walk out of the resort and turn left, go down 1 block, there is a little grocery store that you can purchase water, soda, beer, sunscreen, snacks for a fraction of what the deli charges.

I love Cabo but I absolutely HATE the timeshare sharks that are everywhere. All the restaurants, on the beach, in the harbor, at the grocery store, at the taxi stand. It can really put a damper on your vacation.

On a positive note, my son caught a trophy sailfish. Almost 100lbs! It was exciting!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Travelingtheworld61
We thank our reviewer for all the observations mentioned above. Unfortunately, in Pueblo Bonito Rose we don't have rooms with king size beds, but our maids do an excellent job anchoring both beds together, we feel sorry that our reviewer felt uncomfortable, but that is the only alternative we have at the moment. We sincerely regret any inconveniences that we may have caused to this family and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in a near future.

Kind Regards,
La Mesa, California
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife, my son, his friend (both 19) and I just got home from our trip to Pueblo Bonito Rose. Overall, we're giving the resort an average rating. The employees at the front desk, the restaurant staff, housekeeping and especially the waiters around the pool are extremely friendly and helpful. We have nothing but positive things to say about them. We especially enjoyed meeting Ivette who was the hostess on Saturday evening. She represents the hotel very well. However, we were very disappointed with the "staff" who pretend to be the concierge handing out towel cards. But the truth is their goal is to get you to the Pueblo Bonito Sunset timeshare presentation. These ladies will tell you anything you want to hear so that they can receive their commission for the lead. Please take our advice and purchase your activities directly from the REAL concierge desk. It's well worth the money not to be part of the confusion and deception that runs rampant among the whole concept of obtaining leads for the timeshare presentations. In summary, we feel this whole aspect cheapened our experience at the resort and definitely does not make Pueblo Bonito Rose look very professional at all.

Room Tip: Again, purchase your all of your activities directly from the real concierge desk and not from the l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Harry S
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Harry S,

I am very glad to hear that great time during your stay with us. I am very proud of my staff and I will personally congratulate them for their excellent performance. Our main philosophy is our guest’s satisfaction and we are glad that our staff did their best effort to satisfy you during your stay.

On other subject, I appreciate for letting us know about what happened in your Timeshare experience, how I said before our intention will always be to give you the service you deserve, I'll extend your comments to the director of this area to avoid promises that will not be met, and to continue working with honesty.

Again I appreciate your comments, and we're looking forward to see you and your family again.

Best Regards,
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband couldnt wait to get to Cabo, we live in PA.. we chose Bonita Rose because the perfect locations to the arch and the rock formations and only blocks from down town. check in was 3pn we didnt get checked into 5pm. we were exhausted before we could put on bags down in the lobby, (which has very bad air condition circulation). here come a time share rep.. offering us 300$ to take bus to anther location away from the property. i said i will think about it. she pushed for us to schedule the trip for the next day. I said listen i don't care how much you pay me this vacation is going to be on my schedule and on my terms not yours and im not waiting after for you to decide when you want me bring me back,because my answer will always be no.. that could be hours.talking to other at the resort seems the trip sales reps they kept you for up to 6hours and if you said NO they sent you back to the hotel in taxi and told you to pay for it, im used to 45-stars hotel this was like a 2, i had to call 3 times to have the sheets changed, staff was not friendly not many holas at all.. 3 times if you signed the check they server when later fill in is own tip. this was all inclusive but this is the first time i found that all -inclusive does not mean all ..we were told the gym was not indued by two counter help only to find out day 5 it was.. the coffe shope was not in included and the mini bar in the room was not included. we had a free shuttle to the beautiful "" resort..this is the most amazing resort i have ever seen,we should have stayed there.. any way, the shuttle to the "sunset resort was the to include to restaurant to eat for 10$ a piece, we confirmed when we got there then we got the bill, 60$ for two salads crazy..to some it up service was terrible many said the resort has changed over the years and the service and care just isnt there . we had to pay it.no one asked how stay was , this was the worst experience i have ever had..pool was dirty; tissues baby things floating..i will never stay at a family resort again service we waited 45 minutes for a check at a buffet. it was ll inclusive so after we just would leave after a few minutes
we choose the resort because of the location and the perfect weather cabo offers and picturesque scenery with the ocean and the rock, the marina is beautiful, next time we will stay at the :Sunset"made the Bonita rose look like a motel

Room Tip: Please check out the " yes time shares no are every where and i have no issues saying no, but i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daniel P
Dear MeganBradley,

We are very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience, it has always been our priority that our guests have a pleasant, enjoyable and unforgettable time with us.
We can assure you that your comments will be extended to all of our employees and timeshare managers to take the strictest measures to improve the quality of our services.

We truly appreciate the time you took to review us,your comments are what help us improve the service we strive to provide each day.

san diego
Reviewed August 11, 2013

As very uncritical people, we were very disappointed throughout our stay. Food and dining system was very sad, food was mediocre, and had to wait FOREVER for menus food and check (had to sign for everything even though it's all inclusive). Room had a good view (5th floor) after we changed rooms that had strange maintenance work being done above us all night. Also strange were all the rooms are double beds, a king is when you push the beds together? The beach is not relaxing as there are vendors lined up waiting to haggle with you right at the entrance from the hotel pool to the beach area, very annoying. This was our second all inclusive, and much more enjoyed Beaches in Jamaica. We always felt like we were bothering our waiters etc and they had a strange reservation system. Best part was the gym/spa. Spa is worth the $10 a day, there's no hot tub for the general public or all inclusive. We'll definitely look elsewhere if we go back to Cabo.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike w
Dear Mike W,

Pueblo Bonito Rose's priority is to please all of our customers, regarding your comments you mentioned us above, we will soon be having king size beds due to a lot of customers demands. We would also like to inform you that regarding the food and beverages, all of our staff has been included in the training program to improve our services, we have also changed the manager of this area, seeking to optimize the satisfaction of our customers, we apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you.

There is an association of hoteliers who is dedicated to look after the problematic of resorts and its tourists, thisproject has an association with the state government with the purpose of reducing the number of street vendors, unfortunately in the area where they are at this moment are federal beaches, which means that we don't have the authority to remove them from across our hotels, we will keep pushing for this particular project which will benefit all of us.

We really hope you reconsider coming back to our hotel so we can make sure to make your stay memorable.

Best Regards,