Rose isn't as disappointing as quite a few of the reviews that we read. With that being said... Upon checking in I would avoid Perla if you can, maybe she was having a bad week, but both encounters with her would lead anyone to this conclusion. She didn't offer any information about the resort at all upon check-in. She didn't smile, simply processed our credit card and gave us our keys. She didn't refer us to the elevators or give us any indication as to what would be going on through the week etc.
It was very busy, which is fine, however, the pool has regulations or rules as to "No reserving of seats", but they DID NOT enforce that. The pool was very busy after 8:00 am and that lasts all day long. We went to the pool a little early to get a good spot, around 7:30 am, upon arriving we notice each cabana was already staged with towels, but no guests and the same with chairs all around the pool. There were some chairs that were "Reserved" for somewhere on the upwards of 2-3 hours without anyone ever using them, while other guests were searching for an "empty" chair. We didn't really eat at the restaurants at the resort due to the fact that no information was given upon check-in. They offer an all-inclusive package and it appears that the main restaurant caters more towards that option. We did attend the Mexican Fiesta next door at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos - it was a good show, but we were quoted one price $35 each, however, upon arriving it was $45 per person.
It was nice that they offer the shuttle to their sister resort - Pueblo Bonito Sunset; WOW it is a very big resort, many great pools, but it seems very inconvenient as you either have to walk miles upon miles of flowing hills to get anywhere or be carted around on golf carts.
Let's move on to check out, it was very smooth, we actually paid our bill on Friday night, which made Saturday morning very smooth. With that said, the bellman were a little rude and disappointed that we had private transportation arranged.
I suppose you get what you paid for, but the "FREE WIFI" was almost non-existent. I would say that if you had an "app" that usually worked better than anything, but getting on the internet was nearly impossible.
Overall I would say that the room was very more appealing than other reviews, the neighbors above us were a little inconsiderate as they seemed to rearrange their furniture about 11 pm each night and the lady of the house seemed to really like to wear her heals at ALL hours of the night.
It is a big resort, so of course we had to get a room that was right between both elevators, so it was never a quick walk anywhere. The view was good -- we were above the pool area by one of the large bird sanctuaries, we could not hear the noise from the pool, so that was nice.
I would recommend staying there if you like the big family get together atmosphere, but peace and quiet might not be found here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos