Visited the Rose the first week of June and, as it has been in the last few years, it was great. I was a bit concerned when I read some of the reviews earlier in the spring as what they were describing was not the Rose we have come to love. But then it was spring break and all the craziness it brings. Realistically you can't blame the resort for the rudeness and stupidity of others. We didn't do the all-inclusive as we like to venture out. We did, however, have breakfast on site every morning and certainly meals at poolside during the day. Everything was great, especially the service poolside, in particular Gerardo and Wilver, who on the second day knew our last name and addressed as such. We did tip well, we always do, no matter where we go, not only on the bill, but by giving tips to the servers personally. I noticed that, in contrast to other years, fewer people were giving personal tips, maybe because of the all-inclusive. That's a shame as the workers work hard. As for the prices of food and drinks, some people may find them expensive, but for us, who live in San Francisco they were comparable and some even cheaper. Check-in was effortless, yes it's annoying having to get your pool cards from someone who tries to persuade you to go a timeshare presentation, but a few no's did the trick. We were only approached one more time during our stay and a simple no was enough. This is not unique to the Rose, all resorts do it and these people are just doing their job. I just wish it were that simple to discourage the annoying timeshare hawkers at the airport, but we have been coming to Mexico for about 15 years (not always Cabo) and have learned to deal with it. As for the "reserving" of pool chairs, again not unique to the Rose. For us, who are early risers, we usually got our towels as soon as they were available and used them the rest of the day. By 11AM there were still many lounge chairs available and not too many with towels on them and not occupied for hours.What does annoy me is the fact that there are towels on chairs in the evenings way past the time they should be turned in and in the morning before the towels become available. Obviously these people did not return the towels by the specified time on the pool card. Maybe a fee should be charged for not returning towels on time, but I can just hear the uproar. People should take note, however, in some resorts in other parts of the world such fee is imposed and lounge chairs,umbrellas, and cabana are not free. Even in Waikiki an umbrella can run about $25 per day and a cabana much more than that. At the end of the day, your vacation is what you make of it. People react to how you treat them. If you're set on find something wrong, I'm sure you can find fault with just about anyplace. If you can believe it, I heard an European couple complaing about the "chemicals" in the pool and the fact that there was no Mediterraen style food or cooked Mediterraen style. Hello.. this is Mexico. Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the many colors of Land's End and El Arco. Stroll to the vibrant downtown Cabo San Lucas, filled with restaurants and clubs. Walk on the few swimmable beaches in Cabo or just relax shades of crimson poolside or from your private balcony. Discover a restful spa and resort where warm hospitality and beauty harmonize to create the greatest of pleasures. Now offering a deluxe all-inclusive option which includes all restaurants and bars, as well as those at sister resort Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Rose Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos