5,373 results
All reviews pueblo bonito mare nostrum activities staff rosé sushi bar pb rose all inclusive package pool concierge water aerobics medano beach pool volleyball fun activities family vacation our waiter beach vendors pool side pool service
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The people who work there made our vacation fantastic. Specifically, Isreal by the pool was the very best, so professional and clearly loves what he does. Others that were so friendly and treated us great were Heidi, Cecy, Pedro, Armando and Evel. If we go back, it will be because of these people!!!a Great vacation!!

Room tip: All rooms will be great.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We traveled with 14 family and friends, staying in both junior and luxury suites. Shop your rates online; there are some better pricing than their website if you are not an owner. This is a great place to relax and unwind, take advantage of a beautiful spa, lovely pool, great rooms and people who enjoy taking care of you. We have been to the Rose' about 10 times and love each visit. I would advise a quick trip to the local Walmart for some goodies for the kitchen; water, beer, etc. Muchies and drinks can run you a chunk of change at the end of the week if you partake all day at the pool. And do yourself a favor and go to the local restaurants...there are some amazing place to eat just minutes away. A quick tax ride will take you to places such as Salvatores for incredible Italian food just down the street from Cabo Wabo. Take in The Heart of the Artichoke!! The most incredible food ever!!!! A bit pricey but so worth the experience. My favorite place! And Taco Loco in town. Yum! But enjoy the different dinner experiences the Rose' gives each night. Asian, Mexican night, Carnivale, and others. And don't miss their guacamole either. We enjoy laying at the pool during the day and reading, relaxing and enjoying a nice swim. They have games, trivia, water aerobics and different things a poolside if you choose. Fresh towels at hand all day with your towel card. The beach is right there if you choose to swim in the ocean. Nice sand and canopy and big umbrellas if you wish to hide from the warm sun. Get your towels out there soon to reserve your space. There is a wide variety of every age group; no one is excluded. And you can take the hourly bus to the Sunset Resort and see what that is all about; a very lovely location but a bit out of the way for my taste. But certainly go there and check it out. Its on the Pacific side, and you can partake in all the goodies over there as well. They bring you back hourly so enjoy the day. Take your suit and the pool is beautiful!! No ocean though as the waters there are far too strong for swimming. As far as the internet is concerned, my one issue. You can have free internet if you sit by the deli cafe; outside they have a nice seating area where everyone sits on their laptops, iPads, etc. If you want to spend the money, you can have internet in your room for a 24 hr period on one device. And then you pay again...for 24 hrs. So that is my one issue. I do not do the all inclusive at the Rose' since I am not a drinker. I'm told that the inclusive package does not include premium liquor so if you are looking for Patron or Grey Goose, you won't get it on the all inclusive package. But all in all, a great place to spend a week, rest, relax and enjoy a great time and eat good food.The rooms are comfy, you'll sleep well and spend great time with family and friends. I am sure I'll be going back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Babs G
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Cabo San Lucas. We traded into Rose through RCI, but bought the meal/drink plan from the resort at a discount by purchasing early (five days for the price of seven). The resort opened in 1999 but has been well maintained. We stayed in Room 4016, a "junior suite", which is essentially a very large hotel with two queen beds, sitting area with a table and two chairs, a nice balcony and a reasonably well equipped kitchenette (two burner stove, microwave, small refrigerator, sink, and necessary kitchen supplies considering this is an all inclusive-optional resort). A great room for two people, but perhaps too small for a family of four for a whole week.

The balcony of our room had a great view of the pool and a partial view of the bay and Lands End. Room are not very well insulated from the corridors or other rooms, although we didn't find it particularly objectionable. However, if you are a guest that enjoys a very quite room, this may not be the resort for you.

Resort is in a great location if you enjoy an active beach scene. Between the resort and the marina are a number of restaurants and bars, including the Mango Deck, which provides Spring Break atmosphere all year long.

All inclusive food ranged from average to very good. Drinks were served "average strength" unless you asked the staff to make them strong, which they happily obliged. Speed of service ranged from slow to average, but this is Mexico, so don't expect speedy service. We found the staff to be generally very friendly and accommodating to our needs. Paulina, the hostess at Mare Nostrum, and David, who served guests at the pool, provided outstanding customer service. By the way, I didn't notice a difference in the service provided to all inclusive guests versus guests that paid a la carte, as mentioned in a few other reviews. We dined at both of the Rose restaurants as well as those at the sister resort next door, Blanco, and found the food to be of similar quality. Prices are rather steep for a la carte customers, so consider the value of the all inclusive plan, especially if your can buy it at a discount.

We did three Cabo Adventures excursion while in Cabo, which I have commented on in detail in a separate review. In a nut-shell, however, this is a great company with excellent excursions.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort, would staff again, and recommend it to others.

3  Thank All-Around-Nice-Guy
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you very much for these comments to our reviewer. The drinks served to all our guests, contain standardized liquor measures, however we will, as a result of these comments, reinforce our procedures by re-training to all our bartenders staff. All our guests are treated with kindness, friendliness and hospitality with no differences of any kind. Our philosophy is to satisfy all our guests and it;s a pleasure for us to serve them. We will continue working to improve our services. Thank you very much.

Yours cordially,
Goyita Osako, General Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I just got back from staying at the Pueblo Bonito Rose in Cabo. This was our second time visiting it since the first time was so nice and relaxing. Last year we decided to try Cabo Azul, which is in San Jose and closer to the airport. However, we had to taxi in to town if we wanted to enjoy the nightlife, which was about 20 miles away. Not only that, there was really nothing to do at Cabo Azul. At the Rose, there were activities everyday such as pool volleyball, trivia, water aerobics (although it wasn't much of a workout), poker. The activities directors, Doni, Pablo, J Lu, and a couple of the girls were also very fun and inclusive of everyone. The food was delicious and so much to choose from at all hours of the day. The sushi was great too! Even the room service was included in the all-inclusive. And although you won't get the top shelf alcohol, you can always upgrade for a few bucks. The ages of guests ranged from young 20 somethings to retirees soaking in WAY too much sun. My only wish is that the pool would play music all day long, even if it's not loud so as to not give everyone a headache. But it would be fun to sit and drink near the music. I also wish they didn't close down so early at night. Staying up with music and drinks would be fun without having to travel into town and splitting up groups of newly made friends. Overall, the staff was SO friendly and accommodating. We wanted to sit on chairs by the beach but all of the shady spots were taken. No problem. A guy came, dug a hole, and placed the beach umbrella right where we wanted it. And as for the time share hagglers and people selling stuff... you just say, "no thank you" and keep walking if you're not interested. However, we met a few people who seem to have gotten about $400. in spa credit and who weren't too scarred from the experience. Anyway, I promised a few of the staff members that I would write about my experience so here it is. I hope it helps someone :)

1  Thank P J
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife & I stayed at PB Rose the first week of April. We have been owners there since 2001 so I can't say anything too bad about it because it would be like admitting we made a mistake. Only kidding. We love the location and feedback from other reviews that it is getting a little old is true, but the maintenance is immaculate. We have a Junior Suite, which is just a hotel room with a microwave and fridge. I love getting up early and seeing a swarm of people sweeping, polishing, painting, cleaning the pool. We have a floating week and typically have visited in February or March. This year we went later and there were still some Spring Breakers there. I get up before sunrise (mostly due to the time change from Eastern time). There was quite a bit of competition for beach chairs/umbrellas, and good spots by the pool, so getting up early is an advantage. We don't do the all-inclusive because we don't drink enough to make it worthwhile, and we like trying different restaurants. We ate three times at the Medano Beach Club - a pretty good value and you can usually get them to give you a free margarita. We also ate at Cabo Wabo and it wasn't what I expected - pricey, and I was just looking for a good burger, which was mediocre. We also ate at Rafaele's (new) on the way to the marina, and it was pretty good, as was El Ricazon just down the street. Weather was sunny, but cool and windy for April. Wife & I, inexperienced kayakers, rented a 2-person kayak for 2 hours and paddled to El Arco, then to Lovers Beach where we got tipped over by the surf, and washed up ashore, to the amusement of people on the beach. Two amigos helped us, and asked for a tip, so I gave them 50 pesos. Exchange rate at Rose was 12 pesos per dollar which is as good as anywhere I saw. For veterans of Medano Beach, the Attessa was anchored, minus the helicopter. Service at the resort is fine, the help friendly and we love our yearly trip. The Pueblo Bonitos are definitely pushing the all-inclusive. The one night we wanted to eat on-prem, there was a 2 hour wait at Blanca next door, so we just went back Medano Beach Club. We have never had a bad experience at Rose, although the U-configuration doesn't allow for many really good views from the rooms. We prefer higher floors for better views, and less noise from the beach bar area. We're looking forward to next year.

Room tip: 4th floor or higher, near to the beach.
Date of stay: April 2013
2  Thank Merman3
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Merman3,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review us.
Hope to welcome you to Pueblo Bonito Rose anytime soon.

Goyita Osako, General Manager