Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort & Spa
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$329
$243
  • Pool
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$380
$310
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$334
$276
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$296
$250
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$757
$177
$401
$270
Priceline
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$497
Hotels.com
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$216
$196
Priceline
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$738
$570
4,934 results
All reviewspueblo bonitomare nostrumroséactivities staffsushi barwater aerobicsmedano beachpool conciergeall inclusive packagepool volleyballfun activitiesfamily vacationour waitertime sharebeach vendorspool sidepool service
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel only cares about sucking out any money they can from your wallets. Staff seems miserable and has the least concern in being hospitable. Any service took longer than necessary. The rooms were also dingy and terrible quality for the money you are paying. Clearly needs a change in management.

Room Tip: just don't choose this resort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank pvc_916
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was our first time in Cabo and we really enjoyed Cabo. The resort on the other hand fell a bit short for my expectations. When we arrived our bags were fastly swooped by the bell boys before I could say "I got them". After we checked in at the front desk we were pushed to the "hostess" to receive our "welcome package". There was no welcome package but a hostess simply hustling to sell us adventures and make us look at their other properties, after telling her more than three times I wasn't interested I finally got up and just said "no".

Did I mention it was spring break? I was that age once and I'm most certainly not a party pooper by any means. And I know its not the resorts fault for it being spring break but it surely made our stay a lot less enjoyable. There had to be hundreds of drunk screaming kids everywhere. The resort made no efforts to keep these kids quiet especially after 10pm. While we're at the pool drunk boys were screaming at the tops of their lungs, so much for a relaxing pool experience. I especially love the kid peeing off the back of the bar where my wife and I were sitting. And the bar was insane, it took forever to get a drink because it was swarmed with drunk college kids.

Our first night we were woken up numerous times by the drunk college coeds screaming and stomping around. We thought they were going to come thru our ceiling. I will say the walls are solid though its the above and below noise that bother us. The next morning I went to the front desk and complained and was moved to a new room on the 6th (top) floor with a really nice view, that room was a lot more quiet. We were however without a hotel room for 5.5 hours and not offered any sort of compensation.

The rooms are mediocre at best, not one room in the hotel has a kind sized bed. Even though the website states "The spacious bedroom is furnished with King size or two double beds." All the rooms have two double beds. I asked for a kind bed and they pushed our two double beds together so there was a valley in the middle of the bed. The lighting in the room is terrible and I thought the rooms seemed a little dirty. The shower was terrible, the water temperature was so inconsistent. One second it was fine then it would go ice cold to scolding hot. That does not feel good on your skin after hours in the sun.

The pool.. The pool situation was a bit annoying. What I mean was scoring two chairs next to each other was very tough. I had to get my towels the night before and wake up at 5am to insure two chairs and a table next to each other. The pool furniture is cheap and a lot of the chairs were broken so you couldn't have them on an incline. The towels (they only give you one each) are extremely rough and hurt to lay on. The service from the wait staff at the pool is painful, they will take an order and it would be over 15 minutes at time for a bottle of water. I think they're just understaffed there. They need more chairs.

We did all inclusive which was a mistake. Why? Well for starters their food is mediocre. I also feel like when the staff sees your all inclusive bracelet they don't give you the service they would if you were paying, I saw this happen many times. Also they make you make reservations to eat at their restaurants so you can't just walk up when you're hungry. One night we ate at their hotel next door at Cilantro and it was the worst dining experience I ever had. The hostess took our order. We ordered appetizers which came within seconds so we felt rushed. Then we both ordered salads and only mine came, I said my wife also ordered a salad. The waiter just walked away as if he was going to get a salad for her. I waited to eat mine, her salad never came but the entrees did. At that point I said, "she never got her salad" and they tried to take mine away. I said "get her a salad and leave mine" The filet I ordered medium was undercooked to almost rare. They asked how the food was and I said my steak was undercooked and they never offered to address it. The next night we ate at their italian restaurant which was good, but for some reason if you're all inclusive they charge you $10 each couple, kinda strange. The only problem is I asked the hostess to not seat us outside because it was cold and she sat us outside. The heaters didn't work and kept going out so that made that meal a lot less enjoyable at no point did the waiter offer to move us indoors and knew we were freezing.

I wasn't overly impressed with this place and would not stay there again or at one of their other properties. The service wasn't up to par, the food was mediocre and the rooms need king beds not the ghetto alternative of pushing two mattresses together. I'd say the resort was probably great years ago but not anymore.

Room Tip: no king beds
3  Thank jpe1084
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me and my fiance are not at all picky travellers, but when we decide to go the all-inclusive route, we expect the service and quality to measure up to what we paid. Overall this was one of the worst hotel experiences we've ever had. The cost was astronomical for what was provided. There are certainly better deals out there as we have experienced them in the past.

I will try to summarize our major issues in point form:

1) Our trip was booked in pueblo Bonita blanco which is adjacent to Rose. On arrival we were told the hotel is oversold and we were being moved to Rose. The only room left? Ground floor by the elevator which was high traffic and very noisy. The air conditioner system clearly had some kind of rodents running in it which could be heard at night. We complained re: the noise and were moved to another room the next day when one became available. Fine, but the rodent issue was still there.

2) Bizarre issue with this complex? It only has rooms with double beds (or at least that's what we were told when we tried to switch to a queen or king). They offered to push the double beds together...which was great as long as you're good at not falling down the crack in the middle. In general the complex looks weathered and beaten up. The rooms appear to be set up more for people who plan to reside at the hotel with a kitchen, stove etc to cook your own food. Not really luxurious at all.

3) The hotels (blanco/rose) are small. There is only one small buffet to serve the entire complex at most times during the day. It gets boring fast. There is a poolside menu, but they don't advertise that and getting any service to get food a la carte can be next to impossible (see below). That being said, the food was decent (not spectacular, but good).

4) There are 3 restaurants that are all decent for dinner, but since there are only 3...you'll find yourself heading into town for some variety. An out of pocket expense that makes the all-inclusive less than worth it.

5) Speaking of all-inclusive, the hotel has a mix of people paying a la carte and those on all-inclusive plans. This means everytime you eat or drink anything anywhere you must sign for it...and they leave the tip line blank. I've never experienced that at an all-inclusive before. It slows everything down and the waiters are often confused about what plan you are on and seem to linger expecting a tip at the end of a meal.

6) The food/drink service is terrible. In order to get a drink you have to literally drag a server over to you and the only way to keep them interested is by tipping 10-20 USD. You could approach the bar yourself and be ignored for upwards of 20 minutes despite repeatedly asking various bartenders if you can put in an order. Tipping to get service every day adds up. Not to mention the cost of the all-inclusive plan that had already been paid.

7) This is a party hotel. No two ways about it. If you're looking for a peaceful, fun vacation then this is not your place. There is a ton of foul language, horsing around, and rude behavior towards wait staff. The staff often seemed at a loss as to how to control the rowdy guests. If you're looking for "spring break woo hoo", sign up.

8) We were constantly approached by hotel workers wanting to get you to sign on to a time share presentation (especially of you're a couple in your 30's...they'll hone in on you). They'll offer you hotel credit etc and tell you the presentation is only an hour. Most people that did it said it took more than half a day.

10) The beach at rose/blanco is federal property---not private! This means there are locals badgering you and trying to sell things to you constantly if you choose to spend time on the sand. The pool is not large enough for the hotel size, you cannot get a lounge chair after 8am as guests "reserve" loungers with magazines/towels etc and then may not return til afternoon to use them, but the hotel doesn't seem to stop this from happening. We actually never went in the pool at Rose as we could never find a lounger, one day there were drink cups floating in the pool and another day someone's towel was on the floor of the pool. GROSS!

If you make the mistake and go, my only recommendation to you is to ditch Rose/Blanco and head to the sister hotel Sunset (shuttle service on the hour from Rose...you need to book a ticket though from a lobby bellboy...they have no signs that tell you that and if you just try to board without a ticket they simply will refuse you. Same on the other end to get back). However Sunset is beautiful. A calmer crowd. Amazing pools and impeccable service. AND they have one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at, La Frida. For 20/head extra, your all-inclusive plan will include dinner there. It was amazing and well worth it. Other than La Frida, your all-inclusive plan does NOT include sunset so you'll be yet again paying out of pocket, but it might save your vacation. They are supposed to give all-inclusive guests from rose/blanco 10% off all food and drink but they don't unless you ask.

I estimate we spent hundreds of extra dollars for a vacation that was supposed to be all-inclusive. If I was looking for a hostel type of experience I would have booked one -- if you say you are a luxury resort offering an all-inclusive type of vacation, then you have to deliver on that promise. Pueblo Bonita Rose/Blanco certainly did not. I will not book in the Pueblo Bonita chain ever again because of this experience.

12  Thank patsintravelers
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised staying at this hotel. Once, I received my confirmation they sent a picture of the resort and it looked like nothing we experienced. We originally were assigned to the 2nd floor without an ocean view. I called and asked to be moved and my request was quickly honored.
I can't say enough about the charm, pool, closeness to town and above all the employees. They deserve the best. They made the trip.
I can't thank Rene (front desk) Alberto (bellman), Jose (bellman), Perla (at check out) enough. They are so willing to help you and there to make your stay wonderful.
I didn't rate the spa because I didn't experience it, I did hear from other people that it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Be polite and they will do their best to accomodate your request. We moved from the 2nd floor to the 5th floor and loved the room.
2  Thank Emmy W
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel cares more about taking your money than giving you a good experience. The staff of the hotel is very dry and unwelcoming. Service is slow and done with an attitude. They also have a very strict guest check in policy, which does not allow you to check in guests after sunset. We tried to sign in a guest at night after they had already left suitcases in our room during the day and the guards were very rude and did not allow us to check our guests in. Instead of cooperating with us and helping us find an alternate solution, the staff, including the night manager, was a nightmare to talk to. They were not understanding and they were rude through out the whole time that we were trying to reason with them. We understood the rules, and we simply wanted them to allow us to pick up the suitcases from the room with their supervision and they did not even let us do that. The rooms were very simple and clean, nothing too special but the structure of the hotel is horrible--it takes about 10 minutes to walk from the lobby to the rooms on the end of the hotel. The brunch was very underwhelming and certainly not the $40 they wanted to charge for it. Be aware that there are two prices for brunch, $40 for the full brunch, and $20 for the breakfast bar which includes eggs. However, they will not tell you about the $20 option uless you ask if there is anywhere else you could eat for a resonable price. The taxi service at the hotel is $40 overpriced. At the ME Cabo (right next door) the ride to the airport is $75, which is the standard fare. The Pueblo Bonito charges you $110 and keeps the extra money. I suggest that you walk a quick three minutes to any neighbooring hotel and take a taxi from there or you could rent a car at the avis counter for the $75. It is safe to say that I will never again stay at a Pueblo Bonito Resort, and I certainly would not recomend it to anyone who cares about being around a friendly and welcoming staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank D_G12862
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

We are sorry that this reviewer did not experience an enjoyable Vacation, as planned and I am very sorry for that. Pueblo Bonito Rosé is very proud of their staff, because hospitality and friendliness is part of our philosophy and all our staff strive very hard to fulfill that. Our guest’s security is part of our commitment and night entrances are controlled and restricted and we hope that our guests understand that. I am sorry that this policy is not of our reviewer’s satisfaction. Our Sunday Brunch has a cost of $ 45.00 USD. and our normal breakfast buffet has a costo of $ 18.00 USD.

We hope that our reviewer reconsiders his decision of returning to Pueblo Bonito Rosé.

Goyita Osako, General Manager