“Not bad, but........”

Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Woodstock, Illinois
“Not bad, but........”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The old adage still holds; location, location, location. First off, the staff is top notch, from the doormen, front desk, wait staff at the pool (could be a few more of them), to the room attendants, all first rate. And the grounds, pool area, access to the beach, all fantastic. But, the resort is kind of off the beaten (and I mean BEATEN) path. Figure on taking taxi's to get around. Sidewalks are a joke and places where there are sidewalks never heard of a curb-cut; 12" dropin some spots. Forgot to mention the fantastic job the activity director Alex did. She did a superb job. Also, the one on-site restaurant is on the second floor, with no elevator. Staff wanted to carry my wife up the steps (she uses a wheelchair). Told them we'd sit in the restaurant on the main floor and they could bring the food down to us, like at the Italian Village in Chicago. While I'm on the subject of accessibility, room had a tub/shower and toliet had added on grab bars. Staff did supply a shower chair once I requested one; should have been there (roll -in shower would have been better). Short walk to The Office on Medano Beach, that was a plus. Would be a 5 star review if the location was better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tomparff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
Halfmoon, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My Husband and I stayed last week at the rose. Although there are very few ocean front/view rooms, we were satisfied with our second story condo with a view of some of the pool. Daily maid service was great and you could walk into town. The nice part of staying here is that you can also visit Pueblo Sunset Beach Resort and also use the other sister hotel the Blanco. This is our third winter stay in Los Cabo's . All of the pools at these 3 resorts are lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mary Ellen G
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for showing your appreciation for our hotel, we strive really hard to make guests like you feel welcome and comfortable with us, we're happy to hear you enjoyed our other resorts and we'll be more than glad to have you and your husband at any other Pueblo Bonito Resort soon.

Goyita Osako, Hotel GM
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Beautiful, beautiful place to stay. Had all-inclusive. To be treated so awesome by some of the servers was fabulous. Special thanks go out to Wilver, Roberto, Janvier, & of course Pablo. They welcomed u like u were in their home!!! Great service - guys.!!
Would like to see a little more nightly entertainment,doesnt have to be extravagant, with the bar open till 12.Circus Circus was beautiful & extremely enjoyable.
And another bar with chairs to sit around, just to be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
One suggestion, could have more communication between Bellboys & Frontdesk, as we had to make about 3 calls to frontdesk & 2 hours just to get our luggage delivered to our room.
Thanks

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Valchri
Dear Valchri,

We feel flattered to hear you had a wonderful time at Pueblo Bonitto Rose, one of our main goals is to make our guests feel like home and we're so glad to hear our staff made you feel that way.

We appreciate your comments and feedback and we will continue working hard on being better day by day.

Goyita Osako, Hotel GM
Cape Cod
Reviewed January 23, 2013

On my 2-week vacation, I was staying somewhere down the beach from PB Rose that wasn't quite my style. And yes, the timeshare pitches are stealth and aggressive, ("just say 'no'"!!) but I wound up getting a stellar deal on one at Sunset Beach, which allowed me to use the facilities at Rose. It changed my whole vacation.

The beauty and luxury of the resort, beach and surroundings are obvious, and I had a wonderful meal at Bellini's, the Italian restaurant (thank you, Julio!!) What delighted me most though was the staff. In particular, Tony, Donny and Ale, from whom I did daily water aerobics with. Their consistent, constant skills and hospitality won me over. Whether I was playing ping pong, black jack, volleyball, or another special activity, I found these staff members warm, friendly, extremely skilled, knowledgeable and engaging.

I've traveled a lot and appreciate a great workout. The staff is great at inviting shyer guests to join in, and the classes were suitable for advanced or newbies. I consider a place's staff to be the "persona" of the resort. Clearly, Donny, Tony and Ale are ambassadors for PB. They are sincerely enthusiastic and committed to everyone's fun and safety. I have rock-solid biceps now! And the class music was amazing. Thank you, guys!

The resort is good for all ages, including kids. If you want Kardashian-style partying, look somewhere else further down the beach. PB is a nice mix of activity and Zen. Speaking of Zen, I booked a massage at their spa--deep tissue with Daniela. I am not exaggerating to say it was the best massage I have ever had. I wish I'd gone earlier in my vacation so I could have had another one!

I can't speak to the reservation process or rooms, since I was a day-tripper, but I chatted with many different guests who return year after year to this resort and wouldn't go anywhere else. A couple from Washington state, one from Canada, and also from Boston said they love the central location, amenities, and overall feel of the place. It was also spotlessly clean.

Pueblo Bonito Rose, you have a treasure in your multi-talented staff. They seem very happy, so I imagine you treat them well. They do it all--running around accomodating everyone, making it look easy, always with a smile and sincerity. Because of their excellent skill and heartfelt care, I had such a happy time, and will return again as soon as I can! I will recommend PB Rose to my dear friends in Los Angeles and also on the east coast. Thank you for a vacation I will never forget!

Room Tip: I did not stay overnight in the rooms, but travelers I met said corner suites were great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SoulSingerCapeCod
Roseville, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been an owner at PB Rose` since '97. Have made 20 trips there with friends and family at different times of the year. It has everything--great beach to relax on and jump in the ocean or the pool, wonderfully maintained facilities, and the most friendly staff you'll come across. Very good restaurants on site, but also easy walking distance to downtown and the marina, and the fun places on the beach (Mango Deck, Billigan's, The Office) are a very short walk down the beach. Big difference from 15 years ago is that cabs are much cheaper now if you need to use them. Concierge always very helpful on everything from restaurants to chiropractor referrals (I know from experience). Rooms are beautiful. It's great meeting people from all over the country and from other countries when you're at the resort. Every family and couple we bring down for a vacation say it's some of the most fun they've ever had on a vacation. The entire experience really illustrates to anyone who visits the tremendous warmth and hospitality of the locals for guests in their country.

Room Tip: Some rooms that sleep 6 only have one bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MarcusL50
Kelowna
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Overall this is a nice resort. We had Al-incl and is good value. There were 5 of us adults and everyone liked something at the buffet, the meals we ordered from the menu at the pool or beach were great as well. The drinks were very good and very plentiful, lots of good cocktails! This was worth the al-incl price as we wanted to relax and not have to venture out everyday to eat or drink.
Special thanks to our favorite server, Wilver, he was just so happy and pleasant All the time. Some servers there did tend to ignore the al-incl people, not sure why. We noticed that the 2nd week. Also in the dining room great service from Roberto and Javier, they have just so much class!!!!! Thanks.

Now for a bit of negative or ideas I would like to see. They only had 1 bar and it closed at 11 (even though the brochure stated 12:00) would be good to see another bar somewhere. There was one by the pool but it had no chairs there and closed at 6:00. They need something that stays open later.this place definitely dies down way too early.
Also they should have a couple of jaccuzzi's, would be awesome.

Our room was on the ground floor, and just so handy to leave from the patio to the pool etc. Was great. Loved being so close to town.
1st time for all of us to Cabo and a good time was had by all. Very good resort. The Carnival night is outstanding!!!!!!! Great great food and top notch entertainment!!! My niece won the dancing contest that night, miss "British Columbia" !!!!

Room Tip: We had ground floor, 1 bedroom suite. Was close to lobby, wifi area and had a huge patio with table...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank superduk
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Excellent location, beautiful facility, great staff. Everyone was very friendly. The room was clean and good sized. The pool area is large and very nice. Very close to other resorts and easy walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo