5,346 results
All reviews pueblo bonito mare nostrum activities staff rosé sushi bar pb rose all inclusive package pool concierge water aerobics medano beach pool volleyball fun activities family vacation our waiter beach vendors pool side pool service
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Fifth time at Rose but last visit was three years ago.
We wanted to relax and do our own thing for a week and did exactly that with no real issues. Good mix of guests all ages and many nationalities. Staff was courteous, soemtimes a little understaffed at the pool. Food was good to excellent. Rooms clean and pleasant.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank timmertoo
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We've been coming to Pueblo Bonito Rose every year since 2001. The location is by far the best feature - right on the Sea of Cortez and walking distance to the center of town. Service is terrific - even better if you actually do the right thing and tip the waiters and bartenders. Food is great, especially the sushi at the beach bar. Rooms are clean and the entire place is well maintained. The addition of the all inclusive option has been fun to do for a few days. (We like to go into town and try local venues as well.) We look forward every year to our trip.

Room tip: The junior suites have by far the best layout. The luxury suites are a bit awkard. Besides, how much time are you spending in the room?
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Isolde58
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I get so tired of seeing negative reviews from people who claim to be seasoned traveller's when clearly they are NOT. Most reviews of the Rose are Fantastic-THOSE are the reviews to be believed...I know as I have stayed here many times and it is By FAR the Best Location in Cabo San Lucas and the food, service and rooms are way better than most 5 star resorts!
The Rose has very few rooms with King-Size beds. The Presidential suites & Owner's suites are the only ones. As far as expensive drinks? I've never had to pay more than 10 bucks for one (I KNOW the negative reviewer is drinking doubles or triples at that price)...Try buying a drink on a Cruise Ship or at a Hilton then you'll know what an expensive drink is! If you indeed travel extensively, then you should know that at ALL BEACH RESORTS, you have to get up early to get decent loungers-perhaps if you have too many "$15.60" drinks it's tough to get up before the crack of noon and get a nice lounger (I'm just thinking out loud here)? The all-inclusive option is definately a good way to go. We tried the option at Christmas and will do that again when we are back this coming Christmas. If you don't want any children around...Go to the resort just down the beach that's adults only! Look...Bottom line...The Pueblo Bonito Rose is an amazing resort with Friendly and Helpful Staff. The food is Superb at Both the Rose and Blanco next door (try the tortilla soup), The rooms are spacious and clean The facilities are as good or better than ANY other resort in Cabo San Lucas (especially the Gym facilities and Spa-Just Fantastic) and the LOCATION...well...If you like to walk around then you can from here to EVERY good restaurant, bar, the mall, the boardwalk-In fact We (group of 5) have NEVER rented a car when staying in Cabo at the Pueblo Bonito Rose (Don't need to). Every one has an opinion...and you can't please everyone, but from someone who really does travel quite a bit (Cabo in December, Caribbean in April, Okanogan in June, Vancouver in August, New York City in October, Cabo again in December, Rome, Greece and France in August 2013-not to brag but to confirm I stay in a lot of places and know the difference between a Gorgeous resort and a "dump"), I can state with some degree of certainty that the Pueblo Bonito Rose is at the very top of my list of Places I Love to stay! Don't believe me either though...If you read more than a few reviews it will be obvious that The Pueblo Bonito Rose is truly Special. Happy travels!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
12  Thank Jim A
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We are currently staying at this location and I am extremely disappointed with the quality and service we are receiving. I booked a "luxury suite " and it's far from luxury!!! The safe was broken...two double beds and the only option for a king size is to push the beds together. We asked for that when we checked in and 3 days later nothing! On our first day wecameback from the pool to find our door wide open and workers in our room... No notification and a few hours later thousand noticed the blinds were partially opened and the window at ground level was unlocked....luckily nothing was missing. If you do t opt for all inclusive it's very expensive $15.60 for a grey goose on the rocks. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone as we travel quite a bit and in comparison to other places this is by far the biggest dump.

Room tip: Just don't book here
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Pueblo Bonito Rose is best suited for families, not couples as there is no adults-only pool and the kids are loud and running all over the place.

Guests reserve pool/beach lounges at 7am and it's very crowded.

food and drink quality was really poor - but that made sense after hearing there was an all-inclusive option so after a few tries we ended up eating off-site for all our meals which was a hassle

the hot tub/jacuzzi was broken while we were there and even if it was working, it's right in the middle of the pool deck and surrounded by tables with people having dinner so not appealing

Room itself was clean. The "kitchen" was minimal and there was no bath tub, which bummed me out because I bring bath salts on all my trips

Overall the hotel needed some updating (new lounge chairs, towels, bed linens, etc.)

Nice spa, though expensive. don't book before you go as they have daily deals.

Date of stay: November 2011