2,397 results
All reviews playa grande tejaban restaurant jose luis sushi swim up bar upper pool pacific side all inclusive package time share main restaurant short walk to the marina private beach lovers beach food and drinks the wait staff water taxi medano beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The only reason I would stay here again would be for the food, it was incredible. I highly recommend the coconut shrimp and the shrimp tempura tacos from the Palapa Grill, all the breakfast items from Tejaban, and the quesadillas from the pool bar! Dinner menu at Tejaban was a little lacking. Wait staff was also great. Manny and Alfredo were awesome poolside servers as they were high energy, friendly, and quick with orders. Rooms were large and comfortable, a little outdated but I liked the Pueblo vibe and they were very clean. The reasons I was a little disappointed were that room service is not included in the all inclusive, all the restaurants and bars on the resort close before 10, I would have liked to have at least one place open until 12 for drinks. Also, the pool and hot tub were both very cold, and the front desk staff was rude when we checked out. We were a few minutes late (still there 10 mins before our shuttle was going to depart), and we were scolded for being late by multiple people. It was embarrassing and just left a bad taste in my mouth. Overall, good, not great, experience at Solmar Resort.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valuable guest;

Thank you for talking some of your valuable time and share your experience with others on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to know that the food provided by our team has been enjoyable for you as well that the service provided by Manny and Alfredo was outstanding, we will let them know the great experience you had with them.

As well we are glad to know that your room was as expected and that you could enjoy the beautiful views that Los Cabos has to offer from the Pacific side however we are deeply sorry to know that the pools were cold even though we have a standard temperature for the hot tub and the pools which are supervised by our maintenance team every day.

Our goal is to provide everyone with the best service possible and we are sorry to know that it was not the case, we do care about every single one of our guests from the check-in to the check-out.

Once again we hope to see you again soon and provide you win an exceptional service and erase the little inconveniences that have caused you during your visit in Los Cabos.

Warm greetings.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Daniel's margaritas, special drinks and incredible deserts keep us coming back every year for more at the Solmar's Palapa Grill. Taby's crazy good service is unbeatable!
Thanks Amigos for the great drinks and food!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelownafishing
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kelownafishing;

It is always a pleasure to have you with us. Surely Taby and Daniel make a great team at the Palapa Grill and we are glad to know that you can enjoy the great time with them.

Once again thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience with others and more important that you are coming back each year because of the people.

Warm greetings!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I found a great deal for Solmar all-inclusive, so my family of 4 went in January. The resort is dated, but well-kept and clean. The people are lovely and helpful. Check-in was smooth, our room request was granted. There is a time-share pitch which is easily thwarted and the location is beautiful. The wait staff around the pool is for the most part great. Daniel at Trebol makes the BEST drinks! Natalie and Theresa try to engage every guest in activities. Night staff at Trejaban is hit or miss, as is housekeeping. If I could break my rating into parts, I'd give all this 4 or 5. However, while eating at the resort the second day we were there, my daughter who is allergic to peanuts ordered a chicken dish that should not have had peanuts in it. It did. She spent the next 6 hours in the bathroom with an itchy throat and mouth and vomiting all night. Luckily her reaction is not a life-threatening one, but it could excalate at any time. The next morning, she ordered a smoothie of all things. Same thing! Wasted another whole day in the bathroom! At this point, I went to the manager of the resort, and spoke with the director of dining, who assured me that there would be a warning attached to our room number and our food would be prepared with the utmost care and we would be told when a food item has peanuts in it. By this point, my daughter is afraid to eat, but she tried the chicken enchiladas the very next day. Again, an allergic reaction! I asked for a call from the manager and never heard back. I know a part of this is mia culpa, but in 20 years of traveling world-wide with this girl, she has never, ever, had even one exposure in food served at resorts and hotels because we are careful as to what she orders. So - peanut allergic customers, stay away! We are lucky our daughter was not severely affected. It did ruin the vacation for all of us. She is the only person I know who came from a week of all-inclusive and lost weight! I am very sad to say we won't be back. Can't risk it.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We stayed at the Solmar resort for 9 days, it's pretty nice but the Entertainment team at the resort is top notch! Theresa and Natalie always make sure you have fun and enjoy your time at the resort. Endless activities from morning stretching classes, beach volleyball, water aerobics, blackjack and poker. They host awesome fiestas too, making sure you experience a good party with an international dance crew as well as authentic mariachi bands and Mexican dancers. They are just a ball of energy that are super fun and exciting to hang around with. If you're not busy out at your excursions, you won't be bored hanging at the resort.

Tran & Jennifer

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear valuable guest;

We are happy to know that your 9 days were enjoyable and it was because of our entertainment crew. Surely Natalie and Theresa enjoy what they do and we are glad that you could see it during your time in Los Cabos.

We will let them know that it was because of them that you enjoy your stay. Once again thank you for sharing your
time with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Warm greetings!

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Lets just start this review to address alll people thinking of booking this hotel, my suggestion is yes a million times yes! Solmar beach club was beautiful, the service was absolutely amazing everyone was ready to serve and with a smile at allll times! The amenities were very nice with the swim up bar being a picture perfect spot to hangout! The food was pretty good and the drinks never stopped! ( I did the all inclusive route highly recommend ) i spent my 18th birthday there in cabo san lucas so Of course i wanted to be near the night life, which solmar is a quick either walk or short uber ride ( if you are worried about transportation uber worked perfect clean cars and the drivers made you feel safe and comfortable) some staff i would loveeee to give a shout out to is first the best bartender at the resort DANIEL !!! His mango margaritas were to die for!! Another outstanding staff member was Natalie, she was the entertainer always showing us how to party in Cabo! Other staff members i might not have mentioned by name but everyone there was happy to be there ! One thing i warn you though is when you first check in do not take the breakfast trip to the rancho solmar resort it is just their way of getting you to buy a time share, which might i add i love solmar beach club but the staff at rancho solmar were rude and just try to work you for alll you got one lady in particular i wish i caught her name but let me describe her because solmar if you are reading this please fire this lady she was fair skin blonde hair looks like she has had some plastic surgery she was the boss of alll the time share people like John, she was hostile and very unprofessional! So i say just avoid that whole business bc its very shady! But leaving off on a good note solmar beach club was affordable and beautiful , making every moment enjoyable!! Thank you so much ❤️ Miss it already

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank allourat

Dear allourat;

First of all thank you for sharing your experience with others on T.A. We are honor to read that your stay with us was as expected and more. As well we are glad to know that the views and the location of our resort has suit your needs, especially at night.

We will let Daniel know the great effort that he puts on his drinks, surely he enjoys what he does and more important that it was shown to you just like Natalie, and great person that puts a great vibe on the special events and by the pool.

We have already address the little inconveniences that you had on another property of our group however we are glad to know that being at Solmar everything was as expected.

Once again thank you for choosing us as your place to relax and we will be waiting for your next visit!