Just spent 1 week there through an RCI trade. Rooms were a disappointment. We had the 2 bedroom penthouse, supposedly the nicest room in the complex, which was spacious with an awesome view and great beds. Not 5 star quality though- everything was in need of a total upgrade. The TV's were small old units, remotes didn't work, one bathroom was somewhat smelly, poor TV coverage. We were there during the Olympics and hardly got any info except on CNN and Fox news which seemed to just repeat the same things over and over all day long. I would rate the hotel a 3 star, nothing more, but certainly adequate if you like the smaller, more intimate Mexican flavour instead of a bigger more modern resort. I would probably go back some day when the newer more modern resort is done.
Best about the resort was the location, 15 minute walk to the Marina strip where there are lots of restaurants and shopping. Located on a private bay with a nice quiet beach and only 3 or 4 resorts on the bay. Lots of whale watching daily. Resort is small, quiet and intimate,very friendly people and staff, and a great place for a relaxing mellow holiday. The construction was not a problem. The main pool had the most activity but not much going on, just relaxing. It was great for our little one to play in the water at the edge of the pool.
Majority of people there seemed to be owners who have been going there for many years. They all loved it and didn't want to see any changes but they really do need to upgrade if they want to be considered 5 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos