My wife and I stayed at the Somar Resort for a week and it was picture perfect. We did not know what to expect but we are happy to report that this resort has met everyone of our expectations.
To begin, we were happily greeted by the hotels shuttle service at the airport. On the way to the resort, our driver was pointing out landmarks and attractions which we really appreciated because it was our first time in Cabo. Upon arrival, we were welcomed with open arms from staff as we checked in to our hotel. The front desk asked us the occasion of our trip and we told him we were on our honeymoon and he told us to hold on for one second. He came back with news that they were going to upgrade our room to a master suite! Beyond excited, we made our way to our room. We were welcomed into our room with a bottle of champagne on ice and a heart made out of rose pedals on our bed. Also, the view from our room was absolutely breathtaking.
We quickly set our things down and headed out to check out what the resort had to offer.
Our first stop, the snack bar. Now, when I think of the phrase, "Snack Bar", I think of grabbing a mediocre bite to eat. We were extremely impressed to find out that this snack bar was a full functioning mini restaurant. The cook, Jose, and the waiter, Raul, were fantastic! They catered to our needs and made sure our experience was great. We highly recommend the shrimp quesadillas.
After that, we decided to take an evening swim before dinner at the upper pool. We loved this pool because, it was secluded and quiet for adults.
Arriving late, we were wiped out from our travels and did not make dinner the first night. The next day, we kicked off our day with the swim up bar. The swim up bar is unique. You can order anything you want, not just drinks! The bartenders were phenomenal. We gravitated towards a particular bartender and his name was Javier. Javier went above and beyond what is expected of a bartender and he made our stay just that much more special. The bartenders will create any drink you could ever imagine. Our particular favorite was called a dirty monkey, we highly recommend it.
After several hours of swimming, we made reservations with the restaurant host for 9 o'clock ( there are a few different dinner times, 6:30, 7:30 and 9). Our waiter for dinner was Jose and he was great.
The next morning, we woke up eager to get our day started so we decided to go down for breakfast. Now, we aren't big breakfast people but let me tell you something, IT WAS THE BEST BREAKFAST WE HAVE EVER HAD! We ordered the eggs benedict and the french toast. Like I said, it was the best breakfast we have ever had.
My wife and I did have a few suggestions for the resort. One of which would be some type of light music. Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney, Jimmy Buffett, anything that implies relaxation or background music. The resort did not have much music. Now, we aren't saying we want loud, party music, just something relaxing by the pool.
The other suggestion is wifi. We bought wifi and it did not work in the room. It appeared that the wifi was coming from the sister hotel the Playa Grande. It was 13 bucks for 24 hours and we did not get to use it because it did not work.
Other than that, we enjoyed our time and we will be back to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. Thank you Solmar Resort for making our honeymoon special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos