My husband and I just returned from a week in Cabo San Lucas-our first time. I had done lots of research about the hotel and the area but was still anxious about room condition, location, food, water, transportation, language, etc. The Solmar exceeded my expectations in ALL areas. The first few minutes we were there made an extremely positive impression on us. We arrived at 9:00 PM to a beautifully lit courtyard which made me think that we were at the wrong hotel-we weren't. In fact, the pictures do not do the property justice, everything is well-maintained, clean and lovely. David, our gregarious and speedy bellman, met us and instantly took care of our bags and helped us to the front desk where we were met by Raymundo (professional, courteous, and outgoing) who took care of our reservation. (In the days to come we would find that Raymundo would drop everything he was doing to answer questions during our stay and always made us feel as though we were the most important guests on earth and every detail or question we had mattered.) Raymundo explained the all-inclusive plan, answered our questions, and finished our check in efficiently. I was concerned that the hotel would not honor the room "upgrade upon registration" that I booked with American Airlines. I needn't have worried-we booked a studio and received a one bedroom, with two balconies and an expansive view of the Pacific on the fourth floor (Room 2484-away from the construction-which wasn't a concern the entire trip). In fact, I remember asking in the on-line booking form for non-smoking, king, higher floor, quiet, ocean view...I felt that the upgrade was not only honored, but that they actually read my request-something, I feel, most US hotels ignore.
I loved the room and my husband can tell you I'm picky. Yes, the tiles could be replaced as they are outdated, but I loved the room colors, linens (the sheets and towels always smelled incredibly fresh), décor, and furniture. The room was very clean and I found the bed to be so comfortable I could've taken it home. Raymundo also encouraged us to eat at the restaurant when we arrived before it closed and made a reservation for us. This, too, was a pleasant surprise, outdoor seating and delicious food. We would enjoy many such meals between breakfast, lunch (shrimp quesadillas!) and dinner (coconut shrimp!) and be charmed by our favorite waiter, Alejandro-who worked on my husband's Spanish and brought many smiles to both my husband and me. So within the first hour we not only were greeted as if we were VIP's, shown a wonderful room, but also enjoyed a wonderful dinner listening to the waves crash at the restaurant's outdoor patio.
I also want to mention that it is not necessary to buy the Fiesta at Playa Grande. Selene did a marvelous job of setting up the Mexican Fiesta at Solmar. The beach in front of the restaurant was set up with tables in the sand, a buffet, lights, and a stage area. Selene was the master of ceremonies and announced the various acts (traditional singing and dancing) and interspersed guest games and dancing in between. Well done and fun!
As far as the location-it couldn't have been more perfect for us. A five minute walk took us into the hustle and bustle of the marina and also the bus stop. We did use the local bus to go to the glass factory (about 26 cents a piece, one way), we also used the bus to go to the Art Walk in San Jose del Cabo ($3.00 a piece one way). We also walked to Lover's Beach and Pelican Rock from the hotel, once over the rocks (be careful) and once down the hill and to the right of the marina. We also booked two excursions (both with Sunrider) a sunset cruise and a trip to LaPaz to swim with whale sharks. Sunrider is a great company and I would highly recommend them to anyone.
So, in the end, all of my worries were for naught: Wonderful room, extremely friendly and courteous staff, no problems with the language, safe city, as much water as I wanted to sign for, perfect location, quiet property, delicious food, and a boat load of memories of a fantastic first Cabo experience...which will definitely not be our last. Hasta luego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos