Solmar Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
1,902 results
All reviewsjose luisplaya grandetejaban restaurantsushipacific sideswim up barupper pooltime shareall inclusive packageshort walk to the marinamain restaurantprivate beachlovers beachdivorce beachrestaurant stafffood and drinksthe wait staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our annual visit to Solmar was as wonderful as the last 17 visits. We have stayed at this resort every visit and have grown to love the staff (more like family). Nicte at the front desk is a special young woman that runs an organized and always helpful staff. She is wonderful, The bellman, David, Juan and Andres are always on top of things and are friendly and helpful, great customer service but also great friendship. Arturo and Raymundo are two of the best at the front desk, they can take care of anything and are always smiling. You will hear people say that the resort is "older", and it is, but it is also a special place where we have made friends from many different places. It is a small intimate resort where everyone knows your name. As we walk thru the resort on any day, we see smiles, gets lots of "holas" and hugs too. We have been so lucky to spend so many wonderful years at this great place and will hold those memories close. Grand Solmar and Playa Grande are newer and bigger with lots of stuff going on, but they will never replace Senior Bulnos very special original the Solmar. We will keep going there as long as we can along with most of our fellow Cabonites. Our group knows that we experienced a special time and place and are holding on to it as long we can.

Room Tip: Ask for the lower buildings around the pool to avoid the construction noise from the Grand Solmar.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank fancygirllavale
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear customer from La Vale, Maryland;
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are immensely grateful for your preference over all these years and appreciate very much your kindly comments. It is rewarding to know that you have enjoyed your visit once again. You can be sure that my personnel and I will do our best to continue delivering the best service experience in this your Home Resort. Warm greetings!!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Me and my husband went for our honeymoon last week and was pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and beautiful surroundings. I did my research on Solmar and expected loud drilling from the neighbors but it didn't bother us at all. We woke up every morning really early and enjoyed a beautiful breakfast, great French toast and Mimosas!!! Coffee was good also. The only complaint I had was about the night hostess. The resort asks to make reservations for dinner and we did every night but it seems that the hostess did not see our name and was not able to seat us outside because no seats were available, which was crap because of the many tables outside, only 2 we're being used. I was extremely upset but didn't let it bother me for long. Other then that, pool was awesome, sushi was incredible and the service was amazing!! Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear customer;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We appreciate very much for having chosen our Resort to spend such special trip and are pleased to know that you have enjoyed it. I am working with our restaurant's hostess to improve her approach with our customers. Thank you for recommending our sushi, it is really delicious, you never feel tired to taste it.
Once again we appreciate your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Be assured that my staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire. Best Regards!!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is my second review of Solmar, The first was in 2011. I had such a good time in 2011, I decided to bring my now wife, plus 28 friends and family back to Solmar for our destination wedding. Let me start by saying Solmar made the process of planning this wedding very easy, simple and seamless. I worked with the onsite Wedding Coordinator Erika Quiroz for the better part of one year putting this wedding together. A tip for anyone considering a destination wedding, the hotel only requires 3 months notice to plan a wedding, however your family and friends will need a year or longer to plan and save so they can attend. There are all types of issues that come up when planning a wedding in another country that people need time to address (passport, finances, fear of flying, etc...). Erika was very hands on and put us in touch with all the parties that helped us pull this day off. The first was Chef Tomas Burgoin who helped us pick a menu for our reception. Chef Tomas was very nice via email and in person, even offering to accommodate our guest with special dietary needs (vegetarian, allergies, etc...). The second contact was the Concierge Nictexa de la Torre whom made certain all our our immediate family was in rooms close to each other and had the best rooms available. The most important contact was Reverend Diego Vidal who officiated our ceremony. Reverend Diego calmed our nerves before the ceremony and made everybody laugh and cry. I would like to also compliment all of the wait staff, cooks, housekeeping, front desk staff, massage therapist, etc... There are too many of you to name. Our guest enjoyed the excellent service, recommendations, massages, excursions, etc... Erika and the rest of the hotel staff treated us like family the whole time we were there and ensured every detail of our wedding was taken care of. If you are considering a destination wedding in Cabo, Solmar is the place to have it. The resort is very small and quiet (140 rooms), therefore the staff is able to focus on you and your guest. They only book one wedding a day so the staff is totally dedicated to you on your wedding day. Please note, this is a older resort and the rooms are a bit dated. What the rooms lacked in modern amenities, it made up for in size. All of our guest rooms were big. The onsite restaurant Tejeban all-inclusive is excellent. All food is made to order while you wait, unlike other resorts which off buffet style all inclusive plans. We can't wait to come back to Solmar...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RogerH_81

Dear customer from Los Angeles, California;
We thank you very much for having chosen our Resort to celebrate such memorable event. It is rewarding for us to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and our personnel have provided you an excellent customer service. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team, this motivate us to continue delivering you the utmost excellent service. We are looking forward to greet you here again in the near future, you can be sure we will do our best to accommodate you in everything you desire. Best regards!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The location of this hotel is fabulous! It is a 5 minute walk to the marina but it feels so secluded with mountains on both sides of the beach. There is still plenty of beach to walk and without out the vendors offering you cheap jewelry or blankets like they do on Medano beach. The hotel is a bit older but did not detract from all of the beauty around you. There are only two restaurants on site but my husband and I did not have trouble finding something to eat each day because the menu had different types of food options. The guacamole is amazing! I had that everyday with my lunch. They ask that you make reservations for dinner which I'm sure helps with the flow of the night but we came in one night without a reservation and was able to get in fine. I would suggest making reservations especially if you have a seating preference (inside or outside on the patio) the patio seems to fill up quickly. The food presentation was impressive and its nice to know that the food is being prepared while you wait as opposed to sitting on a buffet table for hours on end. The sushi bar was nice. We only had the California rolls though due to my pregnancy and my hesitation to consume raw fish in Mexico. We were able to see the whales from the patio every day which was the main reason why we went there in February. It was awesome! We had no issues with the staff at the front desk, they were always willing to help. The wait staff was good although some waiters were more attentive than others. Although the beach is not swimmable due to the strong currents you can take a water taxi from the marina to Medano or to Lover's beach or if you are more adventurous you can hike over Mount Solmar and reach Divorce and Lovers beach that way. Look for the long rock that appears to be lying on its side on top of other rocks (looking like a doorway) and about 8 feet to the left there is a crevice that looks like people have shoved rocks in to make steps and follow it up. I needed my husbands helping hand so I wouldn't suggest taking children or if you have any other issues. We went that way 3 times during our stay without any problems.

A few things that I did not care for with this resort is that when you dine at the restaurants, order a drink at the bar or even request just a bottle of water you have to sign a bill like you would if you were purchasing something. You are NOT being charged, I believe it is just used for tracking consumption but I am not sure. If you are used to the grab and go of all inclusives this might be a little bit annoying. Sometimes checks come quickly and other times it takes a while. We never experienced an extreme wait but it can be a little frustrating when you just want to grab a drink and go. The construction was from sun up to past sun down but it never really interfered with our stay. I suggest you request another room if you are too close to construction because it will most likely wake you in the morning.

My husband and I really enjoyed this trip and hotel but we may try going the non all inclusive approach next time because we heard that there are so many great restaurants in town and on the marina.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer A
luis a, General Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear customer from DFW;
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, it’s rewarding for us to read that you have enjoyed your vacations and the amenities from the Resort. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Be assured that my staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire. Best regards!!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The resort is in a fantastic location. One of the biggest drawbacks is the construction noise right next door, sometimes lasting till 8pm at night with a loud hammer drill. And then it promptly starts again just after 7am!!! We chose to do the all inclusive deal but would not do that in the future. There are only 2 restaraunts on the property and they have the same boring choices every day. How about offering some different choices on different days like your sister properties??? The rooms are very nice but there is no television in the main seating area, only in the bedroom which is VERY inconvenient. Put another tv in the living room!!! We also did 2 50 minute massages at the spa. We were supposed to receive 30 minute free massages and they never offered it to us. Overall we enjoyed our stay but the dining choices are much better off property. There are several hotels next door to this one that you can easily dine at with a short stroll up the beach.

Room Tip: Better ask in advance if construction is still on-going next door as the loud noise will drive you nuts. Look elsewhere if it is.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maddmax1

Dear customer from Wappingers Falls, New York;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I have spoken with my team in order to handled things differently and full fill our customer’s expectations. Thank you for recommend our secluded location which certainly provide you privacy without be far away from down town. Again we appreciate your comments. It will be our pleasure to greet you here again as our guest and have the opportunity to pamper you as you deserve. Best regards!