I have traveled extensively and this is the first place I've ever stayed that was all-inclusive. My sisters and friend and I stayed January 30-Feb 3, 2014.
The check-in process was very quick. They had us sign in and gave us our resort bracelets and escorted us to our rooms. The room my friend and I got was amazing and beyond our expectations. It had three balconies, two bathrooms and a large sitting area. We settled in and about 10 minutes later someone arrived with our welcome drinks which we drank on the balcony while watching the whales migrate by. It seemed every 5 minutes we spotted a whale. My sisters got a room below us which was a little smaller than ours but still very nice.
We spent about half the time at the resort and half the time in town and at lover's beach. The rooms and grounds were kept very clean. The pool was the perfect temperature and there's a little swim-up bar which offers mixed drinks and Tecate of Dos XX. The walk into town is about 10 minutes and perfectly safe day or night. Solmar also offers a shuttle to Playa Grande which my sister and I took one night to check out and play mini golf. I must say that I'm glad we were at Solmar instead of the mega resort Playa Grande. The new Playa Grande feels like a Vegas Resort.
The food was pretty good at the resort. We liked the sushi and the sandwiches at the snack bar. The breakfast burritos were also very good. I would definitely go back to Solmar again!
*We were there during construction and it did not bother us at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos