We stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms were a bit dated, but clean and roomy. The bed was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the beach area was nice with a few chairs and umbrellas and no vendors, which was a plus.
The downside was that the adjacent hotel on the property was currently under renovation/construction, so we woke up each morning at 7 AM to construction noise. It was less noticable down in the restaurant and by the beach. This was a minor annoyance since we didn't spend a lot of our day-time at the hotel, but if you planned to spend all your time by the pool, it might be more of an issue.
The restaurant food was fresh and had good quality for an all-inclusive resort. The breakfast and lunch options were very good, the dinner left a bit to be desired. I'd recommend going elsewhere for dinner. The sushi bar was very good. The other downside was that the resort shuts down at 10 PM. There's no way to get any food or drinks after that time - not even room service. We traveled with another couple, and we're all in our 30s, and felt like some of the younger ones there. It would have been nice if the bar and snack area stayed open a bit later. You also had to sign a receipt after each order from the bar or snack bar. Service was also a bit slow, so make sure to allow enough time for meals.
We rented our own car and were able to park it for free in an underground garage, which was nice. Apparenlty, that also meant we didn't have to listen to any time-share pitches when we arrived via shuttle.
The walk to the marina and town center area was quick and easy. There were activities scheduled throughout the day - but we never participated. It looked like only a few people actually did.
Overall, it was a satisfactory stay, but I'm not sure we were impressed enough to come back, despite the good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos