this my first review, i thought i had to write considering they were a few misconceptions about this resort.
this is my second time to cabo (3rd to mex), however had more fun this time around, mainly due to the resort.
i had read reviews about construction noise, so at check in i requested something away from the noise, they gave me a nice suite, 2 bath, living room/bedroom (upgraded without charge). few min after, we were sent some choc. covered strawberries courtesy of the manager.
we were at the upper pool, however it was not maintained, and second last day, they started doing maintenance on it. we mainly stayed at the lower pool near the restaurant with was well maintained and temp was good.
Our mattress was quite soft, (only complain)
food was very good, we had buffet only on one night, but everything was a-la cart. even though it was mainly the same menu, it didnt bother us as were were here only for 4 nights. Good presentation, and tasted quite good aswell. sushi wasn't as good, but hey! this is mexico not Japan or Vancouver.
my only complain was nachos w/cheese, were microwaved, so were soggy.
service was amazing, i think this was the best part. everybody worked to please , even though we tipped , i saw many people who didn't, however they were still getting good service.
they just used bottom shelf liq. but that was fine, drinks were strong if u asked them double, and beer was canned, not watered drown draft beer alot of resort use.
its towards the end of the beach. however in cabo , they arn't many places u can swim, however the "arch" is quite close by, you can go outside the resort towards the town, when u get to the bottom of the hill , (opposite the marina) turn right and keep waking, (good 15-20) min walk, or was on the beach towards the rock, somebody will be waiting there to guide u across the rocks towards the beach (10 min hike through the rocks) make sure u have speakers, we did bare food/sandals , we tipped the guy 4000$ mex, 4$.
its quite close to marina, but not too close, which is good.
we only heard noise when were were in the pool, we didnt wake up to drilling or any other noise, and it didn't bother us.
checkout was smooth aswell.
no issues, not extra charges,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos